Manganaros Italian Groceria & Trattoria

Neighborhoods: Garment District
Cuisine: Italian, Lunch, Breakfast

Manganaros Italian Groceria & Trattoria is a Italian, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 4/09/2015

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

QB
edwardv1 photo

edwardv1

Easton, PA

LOVE THE PLACE.

I think this place simply says “NEW YORK” all over it. The women/owner in there is perfect for what she does. I wouldn’t change a thing about her. If you want ‘cookie cutter’ franchises this is NOT the place to go. On one of my visits I believe I asked for an oil and garlic sauce on one of the pastas. She told me that she would never reccomend oil and garlic sauce on the pasta I picked. She pretty much said she wouldn’t even make it for me that way. I agreed to her suggestion and she was spot on. The dish was excellent, the antipasta before hand was good too. I am surprised at some of the negative comments here. I think I have been in the place about a dozen times, weekdays, weekends…. early and later… and always have enjoyed the place. PLEASE try this place and judge for yourself, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Spaghetti Garlic And Oil

With the reccomendation of the owner this dish was exactly correct and I can’t wait to go back and try it again.

nochains photo

nochains

Allentown, PA

Will drive hours for the Manganaro's Special

My husband and I have been going to Manganaro’s for six years now. Last we were there was last Monday 7/6, walked into the place at 10:30AM, were on our way to Central Park for lunch. Played hooky from work … both literally dying for the Manganaro’s Special. The place by all accounts is old but homey. The ladies behind the counter …. may have a rough exterior … but maybe instead of all you self righteous tourists who expected to be treated on a silver platter stop for one single minute and say “how are you”, and recognize them as people, as Mom always said, treat people with respect and they’ll treat you the same. Just be thankful this is post Guiliani and you aren’t getting mugged!!

Oh and one quick note, don’t be stupid and take your vegetarian kid into an Italian deli ask what they have for vegetarians and expect NOT to be asked to leave.

LOVE the ladies, LOVE the atomosphere, LOVE Ceasar …. and to the sister who’s the oldest, stay strong.

April 26, 2011

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

It's unfortunate that others had a similarly terrible experience to mine. The reality check that in fact I had NOT done anything wrong by simply entering the store is a bit of a relief though... There must be something very wrong with the…
February 28, 2010

Stay Away

Have been to Managaro many times, poked head in today as we were not sure if it was open and the little woman owner came running from the back... we asked if they were open 'cause it was empty and she said--Do you want to eat or do you…

Italian Accepts credit cards Lunch
Tips
  • There's another place named Managanos next door, a hated family rival. Don't bring them up.
  • Theater parking takes up all available street spaces.
  • Manganaro's is very close to the Lincoln Tunnel entrance, so it's a great stop on the way out of town.
Talia's Steakhouse & Bar

Steakhouse in Upper West Side

Two Boots

Pizza in Brownsville

Manganaros Italian Groceria & Trattoria  Restaurant Reviews

Manganaros Italian Groceria & Trattoria is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Italian Deli On Ninth Avenue, Nyc, Manganaro's Italian, Manganaros, Manganaros Groceria, Italian Deli 9th Ave Nyc, 488 9th Ave, Manganaro's Italian Groceria, Manganero's Is Now Call What On 9th Ave, and Manganaro Platters.