1202 Rue Bishop
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3G 2E3

Mango Bay

(Between Boulevard René-Lévesque O and Rue Ste-Catherine O)

Neighborhoods: Ville-Marie
Cuisine: Jamaican, Caribbean

Mango Bay is a Jamaican and Caribbean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Montréal, QC

Jamaican Disaster

Some people say it’s the one of the best Caribbean restaurants in Montreal.

Well, I say depends what you rate it on.

If you bring a group – forget it.

I went with a group of about 20 people and anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. People’s drinks were forgotten. Some people’s main courses were mixed up between the diners. We had only 1 very flustered waitress serving all of us and she could not seem to keep anyone’s order straight.

Our reservation was for 7:00 PM. Some of the people in our group had also signed up to go catch a comedy show after our meal. Some of them had to dash to make it to the 10:30 PM comedy show because their food was served so late. Not a relaxing experience for them, by any means.

As for the food, people seemed to like what they ordered.

We had a special group menu:

*Salad or Soup

*Fish Cakes (2)

*Choice of one of these main courses served with vegetables and rice:
-Negril Chicken
-Jerk Chicken
-Mango Chicken
-Pineapple Chicken

*Coffee or Tea

Price: $17.95 (+tax & tip)

I took the Jerk Chicken and it did not seem very tangy with me. To be honest, I thought it was rather blah. No spice to it to my taste buds.

I have to say the worst part of the service was at the end.

I happened to be one of the last of our group to leave. Now I was not the organizer of this particular evening – keep this in mind. The waitress decided to single me out to go complain to. She claimed that some people in our group did not pay for their drinks. Or even their meals. And she looked at me like I was going to cough up this mystery money that was missing.

Now I said good-bye to most of the people who left. I did not see ANYONE who looked like they left with out paying. from our group.

I politely told her to call the organizer the next day, if she really felt some of the orders were not paid for.

Oh and yes – it was the same flustered waitress who had messed up a lot of the orders, that told me this.

I was so not impressed and don’t plan to bring my own group there any time soon.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

not bad

This is a cozy little place that serves food with a healthy kick to it. The menu is heavy on chicken, fish, and seafood. There is also a good selection of beverages, with and without alcohol. Listen for the daily specials! Our group was served quickly and pleasantly.

No matter what you choose (with the possible exception of mango chicken) do expect something spicy.

We received discount coupons towards our next meal. And I was able to use a coupon handed out at the Taste of the Caribbean food festival.

Two things that I didn’t like: I had to wait more than 30 minutes for my bill after requesting it. And a 15% service charge was added to it because our group was more than 8 people. This was only announced after we had eaten.

I left with the feeling that something was missing. Not just because I skipped dessert. I just can’t put my finger on it.

Negril chicken

This is grilled chicken with lots of bell pepper strips and a “sweet and spicy” sauce. It was at the limit of my spice tolerance — the tears rolled down my cheeks as I ate. But If I had been blindfolded, I would have said this was Asian food — the flavors were quite similar. Accompanying the chicken were a few slices of fried plantain, a couple small chunks of sweet potato, and a mound of rice and beans. It was good but I would try something different next time.

Monkey Shines

This was the Smoothie of the Day. It contains a banana, orange juice, and honey — no alcohol. Not bad but would have liked a larger glass for the price.

Jamaican Caribbean Rewards Network

Mango Bay  Restaurant Reviews

Mango Bay is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Mango Bay And Restaurant In Montreal, The Bay Montreal, Restaurant In Jamaica By Mango Bay, Mango Bay Montreal, Mango Bay Montreal Menu, Mango Bay Montreal Waitress, Revu Sur Mango Bay Restaurant Montreal, Mango Bay Montreal Reviews, and Mango+Bay+Montreal+Review.