Manna Dew

Cuisine: Cafe, American, Contemporary

Manna Dew is a Cafe, American, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid more than $50.

• 7/08/2017

12345jes tried it.

• 7/08/2017

A Cafe chowhound from Chittenango, NY tried it.

12345jes photo

12345jes

Fort Lee, NJ

Obnoxious chef thinks he's cooking at Michelin restaurant

…except they would have better service. Have eaten here since they opened – for 15 years, in the good times and lean times, about 1x/month with family and friends. Ordered the duck breast, as per usual. Asked for a temp slightly more done than medium rare (can’t eat rare duck – it’s blue in the middle & disgusting) – have always ordered it this way. Waitress tells me she’ll “ask the chef if that’s ok.” She comes back minutes later and tells me he’ll only cook it medium rare. I explain again I can’t eat duck that’s raw in the middle, and to please explain that I’ve eaten it this way in this restaurant every time I’ve come (which, I’m sure, pre-dates whenever he arrived). I’ve not asked for it well-done or even medium, just slightly more done than medium rare. She returns, tells me, no he won’t do it – the “duck will get tough.” I again state that this would be my problem not his, and this is the way I like it. Third time, nope, he won’t do it. Chef “suggests I order something else.” I ask for manager. We go through this again, and I explain they’re about to lose a long-time customer over the chef not understanding that I’m the customer, and a long-time one at that. She goes in, comes back, and no go. We cancelled the $60 bottle of wine and $200 worth of other food, and left. We’ll not return, which makes me sad, as we’ve had many nice memories here, but I have no tolerance or patience for a chef who treats a customer like a pariah for ordering food they way she likes it (all this over a 3-5 degree temp difference – ridiculous). I appreciate a good chef, but let’s not get crazy – Millerton is not Paris, and frankly, in Paris, I would have gotten what I asked for.

Cafe American Contemporary

Manna Dew  Restaurant Reviews

Manna Dew is located near the cities of North East.
People found this by searching for: Manna Dew Millerton Menu and Manna Dew Cafe Restaurant Menu.