632 Emerson St
Palo Alto, CA 94301-1609

Mantra Restaurant & Lounge

Neighborhoods: University South
Cuisine: Californian, Westcoast Cuisine, California

Mantra Restaurant & Lounge is a Californian, Westcoast Cuisine, and California restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

tommers photo

tommers

Mountain View, CA

Wow, I think I'm falling for Mantra

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Update 08/17:
Maybe I’ll feel differently if I pay for a meal here, but Mantra is my new hotness in Palo Alto. The dishes I have eaten and tried so far have been some of the most enjoyable I’ve had in the area in a while and there are a bunch that I’m really looking forward to trying on my next visit.

I came here again with work today and got the lamb chops, which were bursting with all the juicy saucy flavors of the lamb shank. Its pricey, but you get a lot of lamb as well as a couple of sides mixed in. The meat is very soft but charred along the bone and it was enjoyable enough that I resorted to breaking it apart with my hands to get every piece. The sauce tasted like a wine reduction (not sure if it was) and deserved to be sopped up with naan. It also had a polenta base that was creamy and just as enjoyable. The meat sat on top of a flaky phyllo biscuit with a diced mushroom sauce and the whole thing was accompanied by asparus and carrots wrapped in prosciutto. Its like they worry that you won’t love the lamb so they insecurely need to make four more things on your plate awesome just in case. I was very happy with all five.

I tried the flank steak and was not as impressed but only had one bite. Next time I’m going to try the waiter recommended sea bass. Three cheers for expensed lunches.

Lamb Chops at Mantra Restaurant & Lounge

Lamb Chops

I came here again with work today and got the lamb chops, which were bursting with all the juicy saucy flavors of the lamb shank. Its pricey, but you get a lot of lamb as well as a couple of sides mixed in. The meat is very soft but charred along the bone and it was enjoyable enough that I resorted to breaking it apart with my hands to get every drop. The sauce tasted like a wine reduction (not sure if it was) and deserved to be sopped up with naan. It also had a polenta base that was creamy and just as enjoyable. The meat sat on top of a flaky phyllo biscuit with a diced mushroom sauce and the whole thing was accompanied by asparus and carrots wrapped in prosciutto. Its like they worry that you won’t love the lamb so they insecurely need to make four more things on your plate awesome just in case. I was very happy with all five.

shpladaow photo

shpladaow

San Jose, CA

Too expensive

Came here yesterday for the “Dine Downtown Palo Alto Mondays” prix fixe. The decor is very nice, especially the wall waterfall fountain.
Mantra serves “Californian cuisine with Indian influences”, and it’s good… just not worth $20+ per dish. You can get much better Indian food for much cheaper, though as for Californian… I can’t think of any good Californian places in the area.

Mantra’s food is interesting, but overpriced.

Much tastier than the blurry photo - "Coke" au vin lamb shank at Mantra Restaurant & Lounge

"Coke" au vin lamb shank

A bit gamey, but otherwise pretty good.

Nawabi Murgh

Reminiscent of chicken makhani (aka butter chicken), but blander. The chiles are a nice touch though. Maybe I’m expecting too much since I love Amber’s butter chicken so much.

Wild Honey and Green Pepper Escolar

The fish was very well prepared- moist and flaky, but the flavors weren’t quite right. I’m not a fan of the squid ink risotto.

Lavender Saffron Crème Brulee

A nice dessert, but it’s not so much creme brulee as it is egg custard. It reminds me very much of the egg tarts at dim sum.

Baume Restaurant

German in University South

Fraiche Yogurt

Lunch in University South

8/19/2019

A Mexican food lover from Palo Alto, CA tried Como Esta? Taqueria in Midtown.

8/15/2019

A Coffee & Tea food lover from Alviso, CA tried Stanford Hospital and Clinics Market Square Cafeteria.

7/12/2019

A diner from US tried Left At Albuquerque in Downtown North.

6/23/2019

A diner from Fairfield, CA tried Palo Alto Joe's.

5/12/2019

A dining patron from Palo Alto, CA tried Douce France and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

4/19/2019

A Mexican food lover from Hanford, CA tried Taqueria La Cazuela in Midtown.

4/13/2019

A diner from Berlin, 16 tried Nouveau Trattoria in University South.

3/07/2019

A dining patron from Moraga, CA tried Palo Alto Joe's.

3/04/2019

A Coffee & Tea food lover from Santa Clara, CA tried Stanford Hospital and Clinics Market Square Cafeteria.

2/18/2019

A Cantonese food lover from Petaluma, CA tried Hong Kong Restaurant.

Californian Westcoast Cuisine Reservations
Fri 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Sat 05:30PM - 10:30PM
Sun 12:00AM - 12:00AM

Mantra Restaurant & Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

Mantra Restaurant & Lounge is located near the cities of East Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, Stanford, Menlo Park, and Mountain.
People found this by searching for: Palo Alto University Park Restaurant With Lounge, Mantra Very Berry Cocktail, Mantra Menu Menlo Park, Mantra Palo Alto Menu, Saucy Lamb Chops, Mantra Restaurant Lounge Pa, Michelin Star Palo Alto Mantra, Restaurants Near Watercourse Way Palo Alto, and Case Mantra To Vin.