2000 Spindrift Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037-3237

Marine Room Restaurant

Neighborhoods: La Jolla Shores
Cuisine: Romantic, American, International

Marine Room Restaurant is a Romantic, American, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/15/2017

A Romantic food lover from Phoenix, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/15/2013

A Romantic food lover from US tried it and liked it.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Most romantic atmosphere, good food to boot

The Marine Room sits right on the beaches of La Jolla. All the restaurants in downtown La Jolla have pretty spectacular views, but the Marine Room had hands down the best view there. The waves come right up to the windows. I was here for dinner, but I’d imagine that if I came earlier, the sunset would be been directly out my window. Gorgeous.

And as you would expect from a restaurant like this, the food was quite good as well. The only reason this restaurant doesn’t get 5 stars from me is because I didn’t walk away drooling over my dish, but it was undeniably good. However, one of my well-travelled colleagues said that it was in his top 3 restaurants that he’s ever eaten at, so I know others love it. I had one of the night’s specials, which was a bacon wrapped monkfish. This is the first time I’ve ever seen bacon wrapped fish, and it was quite the success. However, the accompanying sticks of asparagus and beans or whatever veggies were there were kind of eh. The dessert was ok – but I still think Extraordinary Desserts blows it out of the water.

But this definitely is the most beautiful locale I’ve eaten at, and I recommend it to anyone on a romantic date!

timymars photo

timymars

San Diego, CA

Spectacular find

Yummity yum yum yum! We loooove Marine Room. It’s cozy and intimate with an awesome, close up view of the ocean. Everything we’ve tried there has been deeelish (except for maybe the flavored dessert coffee). Our absolute fave is probably their surf and turf. It’s cooked to perfection. The staff is very friendly, not all stuffy and snooty like some of the other upscale restaurants in the area. The food is a bit pricey, but we think it’s definitely worth it!

Fancy and you get what you pay for. My...

Fancy and you get what you pay for. My cousins had their wedding reception here. 4 excellent courses plus some of the most creative desserts I’ve tasted. Especially enjoyed the panna cotta.
Lobster and Fillet Mignon were perfect. The view of La Jolla is uncomparable. Waiters are extremely knowledgable and professional. Valet parking available. Only open for dinner. If you want to impress someone, the Marine Room would be the place to take them.

Chedi Thai Bistro

Mexican in La Jolla

Jeff's Burgers

Burgers in La Jolla

7/25/2020

An American chowhound from Humble, TX tried Samson's Delicatessen in La Jolla Village.

7/18/2020

A Seafood food lover from Lemon Grove, CA tried Chart House in Village.

7/06/2020

A dining patron from San Diego, CA tried French Pastry Shop in Bird Rock.

7/05/2020

A French chowhound from US tried Elario's Bistro & Sky Lounge in La Jolla Shores.

6/09/2020

A dining patron from San Diego, CA tried Miss China Restaurant in La Jolla Shores.

5/26/2020

An Italian chowhound from US tried Sante Ristorante in Village.

4/25/2020

An American chowhound from La Jolla, CA tried Beaumont's in Bird Rock.

4/20/2020

A Mexican chowhound from San Diego, CA tried El Ranchero in Village.

4/18/2020

A Deli food lover from San Diego, CA tried St. Germain Deli in La Jolla Village.

3/30/2020

A Fast Food chowhound from La Jolla, CA tried Subway in La Jolla Shores.

Romantic American Gorgeous View

Middle Eastern in La Jolla

St. Germain Deli

Deli in La Jolla Village

Marine Room Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Marine Room Restaurant, The Marine Room La Upload, Restaurant Window Waves, Restaurants Santee, Ca Santee, Ca, La Jolla Marine Room Restaurants, Lakeside Ohio Restaurants In Cleveland, Oh, Marine Room La Jolla, and Old Town San Diego.