2000 Spindrift Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037-3237

Marine Room Restaurant

Neighborhoods: La Jolla Shores
Cuisine: Romantic, American, International

Marine Room Restaurant is a Romantic, American, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/15/2017

A dining patron from Phoenix, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/15/2013

A Romantic food lover from US tried it and liked it.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Most romantic atmosphere, good food to boot

The Marine Room sits right on the beaches of La Jolla. All the restaurants in downtown La Jolla have pretty spectacular views, but the Marine Room had hands down the best view there. The waves come right up to the windows. I was here for dinner, but I’d imagine that if I came earlier, the sunset would be been directly out my window. Gorgeous.

And as you would expect from a restaurant like this, the food was quite good as well. The only reason this restaurant doesn’t get 5 stars from me is because I didn’t walk away drooling over my dish, but it was undeniably good. However, one of my well-travelled colleagues said that it was in his top 3 restaurants that he’s ever eaten at, so I know others love it. I had one of the night’s specials, which was a bacon wrapped monkfish. This is the first time I’ve ever seen bacon wrapped fish, and it was quite the success. However, the accompanying sticks of asparagus and beans or whatever veggies were there were kind of eh. The dessert was ok – but I still think Extraordinary Desserts blows it out of the water.

But this definitely is the most beautiful locale I’ve eaten at, and I recommend it to anyone on a romantic date!

timymars photo

timymars

San Diego, CA

Spectacular find

Yummity yum yum yum! We loooove Marine Room. It’s cozy and intimate with an awesome, close up view of the ocean. Everything we’ve tried there has been deeelish (except for maybe the flavored dessert coffee). Our absolute fave is probably their surf and turf. It’s cooked to perfection. The staff is very friendly, not all stuffy and snooty like some of the other upscale restaurants in the area. The food is a bit pricey, but we think it’s definitely worth it!

Fancy and you get what you pay for. My...

Fancy and you get what you pay for. My cousins had their wedding reception here. 4 excellent courses plus some of the most creative desserts I’ve tasted. Especially enjoyed the panna cotta.
Lobster and Fillet Mignon were perfect. The view of La Jolla is uncomparable. Waiters are extremely knowledgable and professional. Valet parking available. Only open for dinner. If you want to impress someone, the Marine Room would be the place to take them.

Chedi Thai Bistro

Mexican in La Jolla

Jeff's Burgers

Burgers in La Jolla

8/22/2019

A Cafe chowhound from La Jolla, CA tried Caroline's Seaside Cafe in La Jolla Shores.

6/28/2019

A diner from Mountain View, CA tried Schlotzsky's Deli in La Jolla Village and liked it.

6/14/2019

A diner from US tried Aroi Cafe.

3/20/2019

A French chowhound from San Diego, CA tried Elario's Bistro & Sky Lounge in La Jolla Shores.

2/13/2019

A Japanese chowhound from Barstow, CA tried Shogun of La Jolla in Torrey Pines.

1/30/2019

A dining patron from La Jolla, CA tried Mandarin House in Beach Barber Tract.

1/26/2019

A French chowhound from Falkirk, U9 tried Elario's Bistro & Sky Lounge in La Jolla Shores and liked it. They liked the food.

1/13/2019

A Continental chowhound from Westminster, CA tried Manhattan of La Jolla in Village.

11/27/2018

A Steakhouse chowhound from La Jolla, CA tried Donovan's Steak & Chop House in Village, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Beautirul dinner and beautiful service and view
10/10/2018

A dining patron from Redmond, WA tried Miss China Restaurant in La Jolla Shores.

Romantic American Gorgeous View

Agy-38grer27c6abblkses
tulips500

Irvine, CA

Marine Room Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Lakeside Ohio Restaurants In Cleveland, Oh, The Marine Room La Upload, Marine Room La Jolla, Restaurant Window Waves, Old Town San Diego, Marine Room Restaurant, La Jolla Marine Room Restaurants, and Restaurants Santee, Ca Santee, Ca.