Mario's Place

Neighborhoods: Downtown Riverside
Cuisine: Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, Lunch, Breakfast

Mario's Place is a Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I have gone here for many years. It is my go to place, whereas I know that the food and entertainment will not disappoint. "
Cons
"sometimes the tables in the restaurant are too close to the speaker"
Comments
"I always enjoy myself. Thank you. "
  • 1/07/2017

A Specialty Soup & Sandwiches food lover from Riverside, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    sometimes the tables in the restaurant are too close to the speaker
    Comments
    I always enjoy myself. Thank you.
  • 4/26/2015

A Specialty Soup & Sandwiches food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the service.

• 10/20/2014

A Specialty Soup & Sandwiches chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

WolfCat photo

WolfCat

Riverside, CA

OK Northern Italian

The ambiance is quite romantic with lots of dim lighting and fine linens, but the food was only “okay,” rather pricey and portions were on the small side. The service was excellent and they have an extensive wine list and full bar. For me, if I wanted a nice place for cocktails and appetizers I might go here again, but for a special sit-down dinner I would go elsewhere.

Roasted Breast of Chicken

Served with soft polenta, potabello mushrooms and a sage-mustard sauce. I found if kind of bland and nothing special.

Milt photo

Milt

Riverside, CA

Good for what you get

Mario’s is the standard against which I measure other restaurants. Partly because I have lived in Italy and know that the food is not only authentic, but very good. There is live jazz on Friday and Saturday’s, and the service is excellent. It can be expensive, but considering the quality it is worth it. Very classy interior and ambiance, located directly across from the Mission Inn. In recent year’s they have expanded to include lower priced specials, reaching out to more group events, and a cocktail club just off the back alley. Once I did not like the way a certain dish was made and the owner/chef came out and talked to me, then re-made it the way we wanted it.

June 9, 2010

Best restaurant in Riverside

Now that omakase is gone, marios is again my favorite restaurant in riverside, especially for special occasions like valentine's and anniversaries. It is quiet and romantic, with excellent service. For vegetarians, the squash blossoms,…

Mario's Place

Specialty Soup & Sandwiches in Downtown

The Old Spaghetti Factory

Specialty Soup & Sandwiches in Eastside

10/21/2017

A Pizza chowhound from US tried Pizza Hut in La Sierra.

10/20/2017

A Contemporary chowhound from Riverside, CA tried Riverside City College Culinary Academy in Hunter Industrial Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
You have to remember this is a school!! I loved everything about it and it made me want to go to culinary school!!
10/18/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Riverside, CA tried El Colima.

10/18/2017

A diner from Yucaipa, CA tried Molinos Coffee in Downtown Riverside, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/14/2017

A Burgers chowhound from North Las Vegas, NV tried Gus Jr, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/10/2017

A diner from Riverside, CA tried Nikko's Burgers in Arlington.

10/09/2017

A diner from US tried Donut Star, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/07/2017

A diner from Downey, CA tried El Colima, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/03/2017

A dining patron from Cerritos, CA tried Carl's Jr. in Downtown Riverside.

9/26/2017

A dining patron from Colton, CA tried Peking Chinese Restaurant in La Sierra.

Specialty Soup & Sandwiches Lunch Good for groups
Tips
  • Enjoy live jazz music and Friday and Saturday night from 10pm to 1am.
Dalias Pizza

Pizza in Ramona

Goody's Family Restaurant

American in Ramona

Papa John's Pizza

Pizza in La Sierra

Mario's Place  Restaurant Reviews

Mario's Place is located near the cities of Riverside County and Rubidoux.
People found this by searching for: Marios Riverside, Marios Bar In Riverside, Mario's Restaurant Riverside Ca, Mario's Place Riverside Ca Reviews, Mario's Restaurant Riverside, Marios Downtown Riverside, Marios Riverside Ca, and Mario's Riverside Downtown.