Market Street Grill

Neighborhoods: Rio Grande
Cuisine: Seafood, Soups, Breakfast

• 11/29/2015

A Seafood chowhound from West Jordan, UT tried it.

• 4/18/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/06/2013

A Seafood chowhound from US tried it and liked it.

First impressions: Not bad, but definitely not...

First impressions: Not bad, but definitely not great, especially for the price. Seafood isn’t that fresh, but what do you expect from a landlocked state. Perhaps I’m spoiled from being in California so long, but I don’t think I had unrealistic expectations, especially for a $50 meal. I mean come on, for that much money you should at least be able to outdo what I could do in my own kitchen!

This is my first night in Salt Lake City and after doing some searching around we decided to go to Market Street Grill. My companion loves oysters, and not having any other competitive seafood options, we opted to come here.

Luckily, on Mondays, they have a special on certain oysters that they offer ($0.59 each!). We started out with a half-dozen each of Blue Point, Fanny Bay and Tomales Bay oysters. I’m not an oyster aficionado, but my companion said that she liked them. I thought they were decent – not as gritty as I’ve had. However, I felt the cocktail sauce was too tomato-y and overpowered the oyster.

This also affected our next app, a combination Bay Shrimp and Dungeness Crab Cocktail. This app was pretty poor by any standards – meager portions and pretty tasteless. It was pretty watery, as if they just scooped out the seafood from some ice, rinsed it and plopped it on a plate with some lettuce. Would recommend steering clear of this one.

We both got clam chowder with our meals, and it was nothing to write home about. Good texture, and creamy, but not that much clam and a little bland.

Finally, for mains, I got Alaskan King Crab Legs (2) and my companion ordered the Australian Steamed Lobster Tail. My king crab legs were pitifully small – I could’ve done a lot better just buying king crab legs from Costco and making this myself. For $34 and $9.99/lb I would’ve ended up with a lot more meat. As it were I got two smaller, thinnish legs. The first was cooked perfectly and was great, but the 2nd was definitely overcooked and was too tough. Come on guys, even I know how to boil water to reheat King Crab Legs!! I got rice pilaf as a side – it was terrible! No effort went into that at all – flavorless, and clearly more of the Uncle Ben’s variety.

My companion’s lobster tail definitely looked more appetizing and potentially more worthwhile. I sampled it, and it was pretty good, but a little overcooked and rubbery. She got the fries and some weird squash side – both nothing special. The fries were rock solid and had too much batter, and the squash was just oddly textured and didn’t go very well with the lobster.

Probably the only thing I would recommend here are the oysters if that’s your thing. Can’t vouch as much for that as I’m not that into it, but for $0.59 each on Mondays I’ll give it a shot. They had a pretty large selection of oysters so they have that going for it. Would definitely recommend staying away from the more expensive items on the menu. It definitely feels like the place is cutting corners and you probably want to minimize being on the receiving end of that as much as you can. I would guess that it’s probably a halfway decent place to get some normal bar type food.

July 2, 2010

Not the best

I don't love the Market Street Grill. The food is overpriced and the lobster I had there did not live up to my expectations. I will say that the fresh tuna I bought there at the fish market was excellent, you will not find better fish in…
March 15, 2007

Family Tradition

Long before we moved to the area we would visit Market Street Grill while in town. My husbands family has been going there for years. The food can't be beat although it is pricey, and the wait is sometimes long, it is well worth it. We…

Jersey's Sports Grill - American

American in Downtown

The Oyster Bar

Fish in Downtown

6/23/2018

A diner from Salt Lake City, UT tried Godfather's Pizza in Taylorsville.

6/20/2018

A dining patron from US tried La Hacienda in Glendale.

6/15/2018

A Japanese food lover from Salt Lake City, UT tried Yoshi's in Murray.

6/15/2018

An American food lover from US tried Golden Corral in West Valley City and liked it. They liked the food.

6/14/2018

A dining patron from Salt Lake City, UT tried Juanita's Mexican Food in South Salt Lake, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/10/2018

A Mexican food lover from US tried El Cabrito.

DIRECT ADS (not accurate sizing)
6/07/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Salt Lake City, UT tried Godfather's Pizza in Taylorsville, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
No pros that I could think of.
Cons
Make you regret not going to the pie.
6/03/2018

A diner from American Fork, UT tried Texas Roadhouse in Taylorsville.

5/24/2018

A dining patron from US tried Baskin Robbins in Sugar House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/23/2018

A Mexican food lover from Salt Lake City, UT tried La Frontera in Millcreek.

Seafood Good for groups Soups
Tips
  • The Oyster Bar next door is a private club where you can go for a cocktail if you're a member.
  • Market Street Grill has a menu for children.

Market Street Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Market Street Grill is located near the cities of South Salt Lake, Slc, and Foothill.
People found this by searching for: Market Street Grill Salt Lake City, Market Street Grill 48 West Market Street, King Crab Legs For Sale In Salt Lake, Market Street Grill Dessert Prices, Crag Legs On Sale In Salt Lake, Breakfast Menu, Market Street Grill, Salt Lake City, Market Street Grill Breakfast Menu, and Market Street Grill Salt Lake City Take Out Menu.