155 York Blvd
Richmond Hill, ON L5R 3K6

Marlowe Restaurant and Wine Bar

Cuisine: Eurasian

Marlowe Restaurant and Wine Bar is a Eurasian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

soniak24 photo

soniak24

Richmond Hill, ON

Horrible manager

Tonight we went to Marlowe Restaurant and Wine Bar to celebrate a friend’s birthday. The horrible experience started with an accident – a waitress spilled a glass of red wine all over my sister, her fiancé and I. My sister’s sweater, her fiancé’s shirt and pants and my sweater were all ruined. This was completely an accident,, however I asked the manager to come over as I wanted him to be aware of what happened and for us to be properly compensated for the damaged clothing (discount off the bill, dry cleaning, whatever was appropriate). Although it was an accident, there were 4 pieces of clothing destroyed and I felt that something should be done. He agreed that he would do something to compensate us.
When he later returned to our table, here is what he offered: We should take our clothes to be dry cleaned and if it worked (which it wouldn’t as 2 of our sweaters are white and destroyed forever) and that he would take care of it. And if it didn’t work THAT WE WOULD EXCHANGE INFORMATION WITH THE WAITRESS AND CONTACT HER DIRECTLY TO ASK HER TO PAY FOR OUR RUINED CLOTHING! We were in utter disbelief! I told him this was completely unacceptable that he was asking us to go after her personally for compensation and that I would not be doing that.
To which he said “fine” and left. He did not return to see us, nor did he suggest or offer any other alternative.
I am utterly disgusted by the behaviour of this manager. To suggest I personally go after an employee for an accident that happens in the regular course of business of a restaurant? Should I expect to have to personally work it out with the chef when he messes up my meal? And what if I injure myself in a restaurant – should I personally sue the employees for this? To ask this is ridiculous – if this is what you are asking, they do employees now need to carry their own insurance policies?
I cannot believe that this manager even suggested this. I was not mad about the accidental spill, but I am FURIOUS at how this was handled. Not only was his suggestion completely inappropriate and unprofessional, but to walk away from us and not suggest anything else?
Do NOT go to this restaurant. They do NOT deserve your business for the way they treat their customers and their employees. There are a TON of other restaurants in this area – do NOT go to Marlowe!

Mohammed photo

Mohammed

Markham, ON

Amazing

I took my girlfriend here for dinner and she loved it so much she always asks me to bring her back… this restaurant is great, also it turns into a nightclub after 10pm and we had soo much fun, we both had the baby back ribs and they were amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, also for any wine lovers!! they offer great advice on wine and food pairing…

Baby Back Ribs

the best ribs ive ever had… even better then baton!!

Eurasian Reservations Casual Elegant

Marlowe Restaurant and Wine Bar  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Marlowe Wine Bar Richmond Hill, Marlowe Restaurant, Marlowe Restaurant Richmond Hill Reviews, Marlowerestaurantandwinebar, The Marlowe Richmond Hill Review, Marlowe Restaurant And Wine Bar Reviews, Marlowe Richmond Hill Menu, and Marlowe's Restaurant.