8278 Falcon Glen Road
Warrenton, VA 20186-9640

Marterella Winery

(Near the intersection of Falcon Glen Rd and Cannonball Gate Rd)

Cuisine: Wine Bar

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

NoVA Winery Scores 3.5 of 5!

My wife and I considering ourselves being somewhat of wine conneusers, we’re lucky to live in a state that offers so many vineyards and makes it so easy to go wine tasting often – making day outings incredibly enjoyable by either doing picnics, wine tastings, tours or just outright relaxing. Wine is, as most dining, a very subjective experience and varies to one’s own palate and preference. Rather than try to compare one winery, vineyard, grape or wine to another, I have developed a scoring method that will give both the occasional novice wine taster or the most sophisticated connoisseur a bearing which to select each establishment by, based on our single, or sometimes multiple visits to each location. My guidelines are: beauty of location and its scenery; the establishment’s appearance and ambience; the owner/operators’ attention to their customers and hospitality; activities, events and/or meals/munchies/entertainment; wine selection, quality, taste and varieties; and heavily weighted on our taste; as well as value – consistency and price of the product. The scale being 1 the worst, 5 the best and recommend as regular patrons. Personally, this is one of our we enjoy returning to. Scoring a 3.5! We continue to frequent Marterella despite it having been, until recent times our #2 ‘go to’ winery, second only to Mediterranean – in recent years, with the advent of legal issues draining on the establishment, their product does not appear, to our taste, to be as fabulous as it once was. They still have the homey friendliness and customer accommodation, no small thanks to Kate’s (the owner) unflinching persistence to make the best of bad circumstances – things have taken its toll on their product. But this, by no means is to say the wines are not good – they just do not appear to be of the same standard they were until a few years ago… but still worthy of being one of the top ten wineries my wife and I frequent. Some of our favorites include: Vidal Blanc; Chardonnay; Cabernet Franc; and especially their Barrel Select! Check it out.

Wine Bar Reservations

Marterella Winery  Restaurant Reviews

Marterella Winery is located near the cities of Fauquier County and Vint Hill Farms.
People found this by searching for: Pictures Of Marterella Vineyard.