Marx Bros. Cafe

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: American, Diner, Lunch

Marx Bros. Cafe is a American, Diner, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 5/30/2013

A dining patron from US tried it.

roselinck photo

roselinck

Alta Loma, CA

0 STARS: WORST RESTAURANT IN ALASKA

This fine dining restaurant, possibly, the most expensive restaurant in Anchorage, was a complete disappointment from beginning to end. We will never go back. I made a reservation weeks ahead and let them know it was our anniversary and requested a special table. Although we had a reservation, we were kept waiting 45 minutes for our table, in hard chairs by the front door which was freezing. (It was mid October in Alaska) You would think that during that time, the owner would have offered us a glass of champagne…or anything, for having to wait, but he did not. When we were going to our seat, we could barely get through the tables, they were SO crammed together. It was so noisy in the restaurant we had to yell. The waiters and waitresses all had on various modes of dress, as if they walked in off the street. We couldn’t tell who worked there and who did not. The first waitress who approached us, after keeping us waiting for fifteen minutes for a glass of water, finally came up and asked, “Do you know what you wanna get?” Classy… Now, you would think that celebrating our anniversary, we would be sent a glass of champagne or something. Nope. When we went to Simon and Siefort’s, they had a rose on the table, metallic hearts strewn across the table, a glass of champagne and also sent a huge piece of key Lime Pie to us. Very nice of them. Here? We spend a fortune and get crap. So, we ordered Prix Fixe. The scallop appetizer that was supposed to be “pan seared” was raw,still slightly frozen & disgusting. The 2nd course was a tiny canneloni that was 1 inch long (and not very good). As we are eating, various servers came by. I’d prefer one. The beef wellington was ok, and the dessert that came with the Prix Fixe was a tiny, noring, unimaginative cheap Mexican flan. Terrible! It was the worst food and service I have ever had in Anchorage, hands down. I’d give it 0 stars if I could. Suffice it to say I would never go back, even for free.

PRIX FIXE

April 22, 2006

Marx Brothers: One of the best...not just in Anchorage

Anyone who has a chance to eat at the Marx Brothers and passes it up is missing a really special meal. The food is simply remarkable. This is a small intimate place in a rather small old house just off the inlet.Try the Cesar Salad. It is…
August 19, 2004

One of the best in town

The food here is terrific and the scenery is fantastic. The Ceasar salad is a must have. I travel all over North America and when I come home to Alaska. This is one of the places I have to go to.

Orso

Italian in Downtown

Little Italy

Italian in Abbott Loop

12/05/2017

A Wraps chowhound from Anchorage, AK tried Yogo Delight, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food takes a while to come out so either call in like 30 mins in advance or sit and play board games. The ambience is kid friendly. Usually when I visit some K Pop videos are playing which is nice. I’ve tried mango, green tea, and passion fruit boba tea.
Cons
Really slow to cook food but that means it’s fresh.
Comments
Okay some games while you wait
11/26/2017

A Delis chowhound from US tried L'Aroma Bakery & Deli @ New Sagaya Midtown Market, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/26/2017

An American food lover from Homer, AK tried Peggy's Airport Cafe in Mountain View.

11/24/2017

A diner from Anchorage, AK tried So Thai, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/16/2017

A dining patron from US tried 907 Alehouse & Grill, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/15/2017

An American Traditional chowhound from US tried 907 Alehouse & Grill and liked it.

10/29/2017

A diner from US tried Harrys Restaurant in Midtown.

10/28/2017

A Bakery & Pastries food lover from Anchorage, AK tried Golden Corral in Midtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
It has a wide variety of foods for an all-you-can-eat buffet, and the price is low, especially when you consider that steak and salmon are available. My friend got the senior discount, which made this place an incredible deal! (I'm not a senior, so my g
Cons
The restaurant can't help that it attracts large families with kids who run all over the place, or customers who look like they come the wrong side of town.
Comments
My friend who lives in Anchorage calls it "The Golden Gorge", and always brings me here when I visit the city. I've been there 3 times, and will eat there again in the coming days.
10/26/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Walla Walla, WA tried Asia Garden Restaurant in Taku / Campbell and liked it.

10/25/2017

A dining patron from Anchorage, AK tried Pho Saigon.

American Diner Dinner

Marx Bros. Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Marx Bros. Cafe is located near the cities of Elmendorf Afb and Elmendorf Air Force Base.
People found this by searching for: Marx Bros Cafe, Siefort Seafood In Anchorage, Beef Wellington In Anchorage, Worst Restaurants Ak, Beef Wellington Anchorage, Beef Wellington Anchorage, Ak, and Marx Bros Anchorage.