102 E Market St
West Chester, PA 19382

Mas Mexicali Cantina

Cuisine: Mexican, Cafe, Traditional

Mas Mexicali Cantina is a Mexican, Cafe, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"The food is o.k., but the rice is bland. They serve the margarita's with too much ice. The last time I had tacos that were a little small, & they didn't have any fresh veggies on top (tomatoes or lettuce) "
  • 1/28/2016

A Mexican chowhound from West Chester, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 8/21/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

lyons photo

lyons

Paoli, PA

Insulting

It makes me angry when restaurant owners take advantage of the consumer by trying to pass off frozen ingredients as “fresh”. It is insulting in general and even more so to those with a discerning palette.

I ordered a chicken fajita burrito that was served room temperature and consisted of chicken, onions, 1/2 pepper and beans and rice. Not only were there tepid beans and rice on the inside but they choose to serve them as a side as well…genius. Nothing about this burrito said fajita to me.

I can only assume there is an assembly line of “cooks” putting together these horrible combination’s and trying to pass them off as Mexican food which is the final insult to the Mexican culture and cuisine.

Chicken Fajita Burrito

It was served room temperature and consisted of chicken, onions, 1/2 pepper and beans and rice. Not only were there tepid beans and rice on the inside but they choose to serve them as a side as well…genius. Nothing about this burrito said fajita to me.
RRW photo

RRW

Mont Clare, PA

Bland Bomb of Americanized Mexican

The unfortunately named Mas left us wanting exactly that in the flavor department.

We went on a Monday and their website indicated it was all you can eat burritos – it was not.

I still ordered the Carne Asada burrito and the mystery meat inside was dry and chewy.

The description indicated that it would be spiced with chili adobe, I’m guessing they missed that step, there was no heat in this meal at all. The second indicator of spice was in the beans “chipotle spiked” again could not taste any spice the reality was I had a soggy cold burrito with chewy meat.

The silver lining in my experience was my server who was apologetic and courteous throughout.

The decor is campy and reminded me of a not so great replica of the Pink Taco in Vegas, which I was told was their inspiration for the 2nd floor bar.

If they can match the food with the service this place may have a chance, but judging from the recent barrage of reviews it looks like it’s just going downhill fast.

Final Impression – No passion, just imitation.

Carne Asada Burrito

Carne Asada burrito – the mystery meat inside was dry and chewy.

Mexican Cafe Traditional

Mas Mexicali Cantina  Restaurant Reviews

Mas Mexicali Cantina is located near the cities of West Goshen Twp, East Bradford Twp, Westtown Township, Westtown Twp, and Westtown.
People found this by searching for: Pink Taco West Chester Pa, Mas Mexicali Cantina, Mas Restaurant West Chester Pa, Mas West, Mas Mexicali Food Poisoning, Mas Mexicali Restaurant West Chester Pa Reviews, and Mas Mexicali Cantina Reviews.