Mason Street Grill

Neighborhoods: Juneau Town
Cuisine: American, American (New), Lunch

Mason Street Grill is a American, American (New), and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

A wonderful experience

There’s only two places that have succeeded in impressing me before I even walk in the door, and Mason Street Grill (located on the ground floor of Milwaukee’s historic Pfister Hotel) is one of them. I called to make a reservation for our party of 12 and the very next day, Laura from Marcus’ corporate office gave me a call. She wanted to know if it was a special occasion, if we had any special requests, and if it was okay that she set us up in their private Wine Room, as 12 on the main floor could be awkward for everyone involved (staff and diners). She was extremely helpful as our direct link to the Mason Street Grill kitchen because as it turns out, we did have several people that had food allergies and the chefs were graciously able to work around that. Because of the excellent food and service (thanks, Theresa and Tim!) I will be coming back; and because of Laura, Mason Street Grill will always be at the top of my list when hosting a group!

Onion Soup Gratinee at Mason Street Grill

Onion Soup Gratinee

Although it was chock full of onions, this seemed a little bland to me. The gruyere somehow didn’t lend as much flavor as I thought it would and suspected they might have mellowed it out by adding provolone (as some places do), but that is not the case. In fact, they add parmesan to the mix, although I didn’t taste it. And if there was a holland rusk in there, it had pretty much disintegrated into the broth. My favorite BFO remains the one served at The Eatery on Farwell!

Short Ribs at Mason Street Grill

Short Ribs

I’ve never had short ribs before but I’ve been told that if they are done right (cooked long and slow), they can be delicious. Well Mason Street Grill obviously does them right… this dish was fantastic! And I usually tell the kitchen they can keep their mashed potatoes but since it seemed to be such an integral part of this dish (and not thrown on the plate as an afterthought), I trusted to the chefs. Good call… this was a perfect complement to these flavorful short ribs.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake at Mason Street Grill

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

Our server Theresa did mention that this is newly on the menu and still in process, but the peanut butter was so subtle that you really had to concentrate to taste it at all.

May 12, 2009

Great food, elegant yet relaxed atmosphere

I've been to the Mason Street Grill about four times since I moved up here last year, and loved it every time.\r \r The style of the place is very upscale - it's located inside the Pfister hotel - but we've been in both fancy dress and in…
March 6, 2007

Great new place!

This is a great new restaurant and I've been there for lunch as well as dinner. The interior and layout are awesome. Most of my food has been great - I've had the Filet (okay, but not as impressed as I thought I would have been -…

Jackson Grill

American in Juneau Town

Metro Bar & Cafe

American in Juneau Town

6/25/2017

A chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried The Broken Yolk in Avenues West, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/24/2017

A Pizza chowhound from US tried Buddy's Pizza & Steak, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/23/2017

A Chinese food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried Ling's Chinese Restaurant in Woodland Court.

6/23/2017

A diner from MI tried Redd's Snapper Seafoods II in Sherman Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

6/22/2017

A Pub Food chowhound from US tried Schneider's in Nash Park.

6/22/2017

A dining patron from US tried Express Gyros in Hampton Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/22/2017

A Seafood food lover from IL tried Tony's in Old North Milwaukee and liked it.

6/22/2017

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Cheng Wong Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Best food ever
Cons
Nothing
6/21/2017

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried Royal Wok, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
fast and friendly service and very good food!
Comments
Glad it is in my neighborhood!
6/21/2017

A diner from Mokena, IL tried Blue Canary in New Coeln.

American American (New) Dinner

Mason Street Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Mason Street Grill is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Mason Street Grill Menu, Mason Street Grill Milwaukee, Mason Street Grill In Milwaukee Menu, Mason Street Grill Milwaukee Menu, Mason Filet, Mason Street Grill Review, Mason Street Grill Pictures, Mason Street Grill Drink Menu, and Mason Street Grill Reviews.