1914 Willamette Falls Dr, Ste 120
West Linn, OR 97068-4619

Masters of the Vine

Neighborhoods: Willamette
Cuisine: Mediterranean, Wines, Bar

Masters of the Vine is a Mediterranean, Wines, and Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

pinkpetal05 photo

pinkpetal05

Portland, OR

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

My husband and I tried this place over the weekend and we will NEVER go back!!!
First off, the owner was BEYOND obnoxious and LOUD!!! HE was very rude to all of his empliyess who seemed to be doing a great job to us. He was ordering them around like they were his slaves. He’s not going to have employees much longer unless he cleans up his act.

Now onto the food, WAY over priced for what you get. We didn’t think that is was anything to swoon over. The salad was ALL lettuce and thats about it. My husbands meal was below satisfactory.

Neeless to say we are not going back to this place, which does look like it was opened before it was finished. Presentation DOES matter.

chari12 photo

chari12

West Linn, OR

Pleasantly Surprised!

I came to this website earlier today to read the reviews for this restaurant and was more than a little concerned about how my dining experience would be as I had yet to try this neighborhood Bistro. I read that they had just brought on board a new Chef, Frank Enrico, so we decided to give it a try despite the earlier reviews. WOW! Turned out to be a fantastic meal with absolute stellar service! We started our meal with the Pan Seared Scallops w/ Grand Marnier which were unbelievable! An absolute favorite! My friend and I then shared two entrees: the Mushroom Ravioli Special (I certainly hope they make this a permanent addition to the menu) and the Chicken Helena. Both were delicious! All three of these dishes had very distinct and flavorful sauces which I thought really set them apart from the standard fair of other restaurants. Also, we enjoyed a wonderful dessert – Chocolate Lava Cake (on the house for my Birthday which was thoughtful and appreciated :) I especially enjoyed the live music which was lovely, but not so overwhelming that we couldn’t enjoy our dinner conversation. We had fun pairing our menu choices with a few flights of different wines (2 oz tasters) and we were pleased to see some of the local vineyards featured. If you tried this Bistro once and weren’t impressed, I highly encourage you to try it again. I think you will be pleasantly surprised as well!

Tbar12 photo

Tbar12

West Linn, OR

What A Mistake!

On a holiday weekend, we tried Masters of the Vine. One waitress was the bar tender, waitress, bussing tables and attempting to be a hostess. You can’t blame the waitress but what a fatal flaw of the owner.

A party of four walked in shortly after us, waited 22 minutes after being served water, and got up and left. They were the smart ones. After being served dinner, one couple next to us asked for extra pine nuts. The gentleman had to walk to the chef in the kitchen and ask for the pine nuts because after 15 minutes the meals were becoming cold. As we were leaving and the restaurant was half full, one gentleman told the waitress he and his wife had been waiting 15 minutes and wanted to know when they would be waited upon.

Two words could describe the food – overpriced and average. If you don’t believe me, try it yourself. However, make sure you want to pay a premium and have plenty of time on your hands. My guess is you had better try this place soon. I don’t believe it will be around for long.

Bracioli a la Ventura

Since we were sitting next to the kitchen, we watched our dinner sit on the counter (heat lamp was not on) getting cold for almost 15 minutes. When served, it was lukewarm. I have had Bracioli several times in Tuscany and my grandfather was a chef and born in Northern Italy. The version I had last night was not great and DEFINATELY not worth $19.

The herbs should be fresh and the flavors should “pop”. You want to savor the different ingredients as they linger on your palate. It tasted like this was “pre-made”, warmed up and covered in a spaghetti sauce.

debrookie photo

debrookie

Wilsonville, OR

GREAT PLACE TO EAT!!!!

Have been to Masters of the Vine several times and LOVE this restaurant. Have tried several dishes and all of them have been delicious. Fantastic selection of wines, great service…very friendly environment. Went to the once of month “Wines on Me, Foods on You” wine tasting event. LOTS of fun…great selection of wines, community tables for dinner. Met some interesting people and tasted some fantastic wines. Also, have really enjoyed their live music. My favorite place in the Portland metro area.

Chantelle photo

Chantelle

Sherwood, OR

This Place Won't Last

I wish I would have read the reviews here, before I bothered to waste my time there today. I went in for lunch. I was the only customer. There were two wait staff. One was vacuuming. The other waiter came to my table and brought water and menu. I looked at the menu for quite a while. Seemed over priced and not very exciting, but I decided on a choice. The waiter never came back to take my order. He and the waitress were all involved in a conversation and I was ignored. There were 3 chefs in the kitchen who were busy (prepping?). I continued to wait, and then I put a dollar on the table and left. What a joke. I’m looking forward to BJ Willy’s opening up around the corner.

rossy65 photo

rossy65

Tualatin, OR

Service Staff needs some encouragement/support

We visited Friday 3/21/09 to listen to my friend Ron Hughes play. We didn’t know if it would be a lounge or restaurant. I found the atmosphere to be very nice, with an Italian feel, and we were seated promptly.
I must have dressed poorly or something because at that point things went south… Nancy was thirsty and wanted some water. We sat about 40 minutes listening to Ron’s music before we were visited by any wait staff. Nancy finally got up and asked someone who apologized, and offered to get us the next larger wine for free. This was a nice gesture.
We ordered an appetizer only, the fondue. And waited for our wines. There was some issue with their wine pouring machine… looks to be a $30,000 stainless steel wonder… but our wines took another 15-20 minutes.
The waitress apologized and said our wines would be on the house. The fondue showed up about 30-40 minutes later. We were not in a hurry, the atmosphere and food was terrific.
We will certainly give Masters of the Vine another chance, possibly two, but if the service doesn’t get significantly better then we would have to avoid it even with the great food.
1) Need prompt wait staff to take our order.
2) At this stage, need a floor manager/owner to visit tables every 30-40 minutes to an hour to ask if everything is OK.
3) Perhaps some chef’s assistant to help in the kitchen to get some of these orders out faster? Don’t know
My impression is that they are just starting out, and are running thinly staffed to make ends meet in this economy.
At any rate the waitress who served us was very pleasant, and the free wine means we will certainly give them a second (possibly third) chance.
The food was terrific. Reasonable Value for $.

Fondue Appitizer

Cheese, Flat Bread, Apple/Pears and Honey. The waitress suggested spreading a layer of cheese, slice of pear and drip some Honey on top. That was delicious.

Mediterranean Wines Bar

Masters of the Vine  Restaurant Reviews

Masters of the Vine is located near the cities of Oregon City, Gladstone, Marylhurst, and Clackamas.
People found this by searching for: Frank Enrico Executive Chef, West Linn Medeterainian Food, Chef Frank Enrico's Blog, Masters Of The Vine, Masters Of The Vine Restaurant, Mediterranean Bistro West Linn, Winebars, Willamette Falls Drive, West Linn, Or, Masters Vine Bistro, and Masters Of The Vine West Linn.