10710 Sepulveda Blvd
Mission Hills, CA 91345-1904

Matt & Tony's

Neighborhoods: Mission Hills
Cuisine: Delis, Lunch, Cafe

Matt & Tony's is a Delis, Lunch, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"The marinated pickle, onion & tomato topping is the bomb! Spices up the pastrami, turkey & pepper steak nicely. The dining area is tiny, hot and not cleaned frequently so I'd suggest take out. Service sucks at times but since we don't eat there that isn't"
"All the above"
"Fuck off"
"Love the subs!"
"Worst pastrami sandwich. Zero flavor. Pastrami was dry. Never again!!!"
Cons
"Parking"
Comments
"No"
  • 8/30/2020

A Delis food lover from Venice, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/21/2018

A diner from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 1/22/2018

A Delis food lover from Huntington Beach, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/17/2017

A Delis chowhound from Johnstown, CO tried it and liked it.

• 6/05/2017

A dining patron from Colton, CA tried it.

• 3/29/2017

A diner from Sylmar, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
  • 3/09/2017

A diner from Panorama City, CA tried it.

• 12/22/2016

A diner from Granada Hills, CA tried it.

• 12/07/2016

A Delis chowhound from US tried it.

• 11/11/2016

A Delis food lover from Hacienda Heights, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Calicheesehead photo

Calicheesehead

La Crescenta, CA

Recent Matt and Tony's

Haven’t been back since I worked in the area 6 years ago. I was hoping to get a Giamella’s style sandwich without having to drive 20 miles today. I went there today and was pleasantly surprised that they still build them the same way: loaded with meat and tomatoes, onions, pickles, and yellow chiles if you ask. An associate and I decided to try two different larges so that we could split them and enjoy both. We had the Philly Steak and the Pastrami. The Philly was very good which popped with flavor, especially having the grilled onions on it. I’d have that again. The Pastrami on the other hand was very bland. The meat itself was not fatty or of bad quality, it just lacked any flavor. I’ll be going back to try some others and since they did not have any menus for me to take back to work, I’ll take a picture of the menu with my phone to share. This place is a hole in the wall, which I like, nothing fancy, but has potential. Giamella’s (Burbank, Sunland) is still better in my opinion and has a better price( $6/lg vs. $9/lg).

Philly Steak

Very flavorful, would enjoy this again.

Pastrami

Wasn’t bad per se, just not a lot of flavor

Dan_B photo

Dan_B

Mission Hills, CA

Bad Food, Rude Service

The food was really quite bland, the service was HORRIBLE….and I mean as rude as you can imagine. I was offended by the way they talked to me, and I’ve got teenagers!! The add-on options are very limited, only tomatoes, pickles and onions….thats’ it. No lettuce, peppers, olives, sauces, etc. Parking is very limited, as is seating. I think there are 4 tables in the place at most. Oh, and don’t go to Matt & Tony’s unless you have time to kill. It took about 25 minutes to put a sandwich together. Save yourself the aggravation.

Don’t waste your time, there are much better restaurants in the area.

Turkey Sandwich

Very bland. The bread and meat was flavorless. They’ll pile on all the tomatoes, pickles and onions you can imagine to try and gain some semblance of flavor, but don’t ask for any other add-ons. They clearly believe in quantity, not quality.

Don’t waste your time.

Matt Delis Lunch
Mandarin Island

Chinese in Mission Hills

Matt & Tony's  Restaurant Reviews

Matt & Tony's is located near the cities of Mission, San Fernando Valley, North Hills, Richmond Hill, and Pacoima.
People found this by searching for: Matt And Tony's Menu, Matt And Tony's Mission Hills, Matt And Tony's Sandwiches, Matt & Tonys, Matt & Tony's Menu, Matt And Tonys, Matt And Tony's, Matt And Tony's Mission Hills Menu, and Mat And Tonys Los Angles.