679 N Spring St

Mayflower Seafood

Neighborhoods: Chinatown
Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Catering

Overall
Pros
"Great food! Love the lobstet!"
Comments
"Great food! Love the lobsters!"
  • 5/18/2020

A Seafood chowhound from Tujunga, CA tried it.

• 10/09/2018

A Seafood food lover from North Hollywood, CA tried it.

• 1/20/2019

A Seafood food lover from Van Nuys, CA tried it.

• 1/15/2019

A Seafood chowhound from Pasadena, CA tried it and liked it.

• 2/05/2018

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 1/04/2018

A Seafood chowhound from Carson, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/17/2017

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food! Love the lobstet!
    Comments
    Great food! Love the lobsters!
  • 2/22/2017

A Seafood chowhound from Montebello, CA tried it.

• 1/08/2017

A Seafood food lover from West Covina, CA tried it.

• 10/25/2016

A Seafood food lover from Huntington Park, CA tried it.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

don't mistaken this for Chinese food

Hate.
I now officially hate Mayflower.

Their food is consistently bad, bordering on disgusting. You do get lots of food for the money, but it’s lots of bad food.

I only went back bc my sister told me their wonton noodle is good. I was skeptical but thought maybe it’s possible they do one thing well. After circling Chinatown streets forever, we finally found a parking spot.

They were out of wontons! At 1:30pm. How can you run out of wontons? The waitress didn’t even say “ran out”; she just said “no wontons.” I was like, what? The word “wonton” appears all over the place in the last few pages of their menu.
We got chicken chowfun and Singapore rice noodles.
Chowfun: no wok hay—they didn’t heat up the wok/oil enough, the dish was just blah.
Singapore rice noodles: no flavor except for too much bad curry powder. No salt, no nothing. The shrimp tasted like cleaning fluid. The char siu also tasted funny, and was kind of cold.

Take out container: dirty. Gross.

Service: non-existent. First we were rushed rushed rushed to order. Then it took forever to get the food. The whole waitstaff don’t pay much attention, they barely speak, some of them didn’t say a word.

Most of the diners were not Chinese. Gee I wonder why.

My first visit to Mayflower was years ago, way before the two expansions, way before people even went down to Spring Street. My sister raved about their garlic crab, I thought it was ok.
Well, this was my last visit, I’m not going to bother to check out their wonton noodles.

Seafood Dinner Lunch

Mayflower Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

Mayflower Seafood is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Mayflower Chinatown, Mayflower Restaurant Los Angeles Menu, Mayflower Restaurant Chinatown, Mayflower Restaurant Los Angeles, Mayflower Restaurant Menu Los Angeles, The Garlic Crab West Covina Ca, Mayflower Restaurant In Chinatown, Mayflower Seafood Restaurant Chinatown Los Angeles, and Mayflower Seafood Restaurant Menu.