4999 Old Orchard Rd
Skokie, IL 60077

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood

Neighborhoods: Skokie
Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Steak

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood is a Seafood, Lunch, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

• 3/17/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

SJSlesnick photo

SJSlesnick

Prospect Heights, IL

Disaster!

This would be so funny if it were not true; however, after our dining experience last night I wanted to share our story. My fiance and I got engaged this weekend and decided to take my party of seven to your Skokie, IL location to celebrate – knowing it wouldn’t be a cheap meal, but expecting something great to celebrate with. The meal started well enough, receiving appetizers that were tasty enough and drink service wasn’t too slow, but then everything fell off a cliff. My salad was served with brown lettuce and they forgot some of the toppings. There were seven of us and we ordered the jumbo scallops, the stuffed salmon, 2 orders of tilapia since they were raved by the waitress as the big seller at your restaurant (one as it comes on the menu, one w/o the lemon butter) two 1 1/4 lb lobsters, and a steak and shrimp combo. There was no complaints about the salmon, and the scallops were tasty enough although a very small portion for 27 dollars. Even one of the lobsters was ok. The other lobster was 3/4 lb at most and we sent it back to which the manager said keep the small one and they would bring us a new one. We were told they were out of tilapia when dinner was supposed to be served and the two of us who ordered it adjusted the order to walleye prepared as the tilapia should have been, and whitefish with no sauce and plain drawn butter on the side. The steak in the combo was cooked to order, but was cold by the time it was served so it too was sent back. They also forgot multiple side orders. They reheated the steak and in the process, burnt, overcooked and dried it out. They mixed up which of the walleye and the whitefish has which sauce, to which we returned the naked walleye and kept the lemon butter whitefish. I wanted the whitefish without the sauce and was now having shrimp scampi by the time everyone else had finished their meal as the whitefish was sold out by the time they went to correct the order. We then spoke to the manager who apologized for all the problems and said he would take 4 of the 7 entrees off the bill, and that dessert would be free. By the way, the scampi ended up being tasteless as well. We orderded dessert which was ok at best and took 40 minutes to arrive (as we timed it). When the bill came they did take off the dessert and what seemed to be 3 entrees but was really only 2 as they billed us for all 3 lobsters (even though they suggested we keep the first one, which we didn’t want) and billed us for walleye which we didnt get and not whitefish(6 dollars less) which we did. After talking with a different manager who was there because a shift change, he took off one more entree and switched the walleye to whitefish. This lovely dinner due to a combination of slow service and all the problems clocked in at just over 3 and a half hours. All in all one of the worst dining experiences I’ve ever had and not how I expected to celebrate my engagment. It also wasn’t surprising that as we left, the manager was busy taking a complaint from another irate diner.

Shrimp Scampi

After ordering the tilapia, which was sold out, and then the white fish, which was sold out, I settled on the scampi which was horrible, tasteless and pretty much on the inedible side. Such a disappointment!

Seafood Lunch Steak

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood is located near the cities of Niles Township, Whiting, Lincolnwood, Evanston, and Morton Grove.
People found this by searching for: Mccormick And Schmidt Old Orchard, Mccormick And Schmitt Skokie Il, Mccormick & Schmick's Seafood Skokie, Mccormick And Schmick's Old Orchard, Mccormick And Schmidt Skokie Restaurant Week Men, Mccormick And Schmidts Old Orchard, and Mccormick & Schmick Old Orchard.