McCrae's Country Cafe

Neighborhoods: Gresham - City Central
Cuisine: American, Catering, Coffee

McCrae's Country Cafe is a American, Catering, and Coffee restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Good is always great, service is amazing, price can't be beat"
"Huge servings and great food"
"Delicious food, fast service, reasonable prices. Always go here for a delicious breakfast. "
"Portion sizes, service is good, the family who own it are really nice and hard working."
"They are friendly and service has always been good. Portions are large but tasty and to go boxes are always available. You never have to ask for a refill on your coffee and they are accomadating of your menu changes. We have never expierenced long waits a"
"Excellent food and lots of it. Very friendly staff. Just all around comfortable, friendly, great place to go. "
"Cold, TERRIBLE yellowish country gravy and paid $16.45 for a half order of country fried steak and coffee. Before tip."
"Breakfast, the omlets in particular!"
"Great family, great service, amazing food, always had a great experience. "
"Great food, huge portions, good value"
"Huge Portions Of Homestyle FooD. NotFancy...But Not Supposed To Be"
Cons
"Nothing"
"Loud"
"Nothing"
"Decor could use an upgrade "
Comments
"Nope"
"If you're hungry for great home style food at a good price, this is the place. But don't tell too many people and spoil our little secret! ;)"
  • 8/20/2017

A diner from Selma, OR tried it.

• 7/18/2017

A dining patron from Portland, OR tried it.

• 6/30/2017

Pros
    Good is always great, service is amazing, price can't be beat
  • 6/18/2017

A diner from Gresham, OR tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/11/2017

An American food lover from Portland, OR tried it.

• 6/08/2017

A diner from Portland, OR tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/31/2017

An American chowhound from Troutdale, OR tried it.

• 5/05/2017

An American chowhound from Gresham, OR tried it.

• 4/21/2017

A diner from Portland, OR tried it.

• 3/27/2017

An American food lover from Gresham, OR tried it.

wifey1 photo

wifey1

Sandy, OR

It's GOOD!!!

It is a busy busy place. So if u go be prepared to wait, WHY??? Because they are well loved, the other comments that are listed is from ppl that were unhappy that’s too bad.Every RESTURANT has a bad day.But just see it for what it is,THEY ARE SLAMMIN BUSY!!!!!! But u get a plate full of food.So just sit back and do some ppl watchin,u might b entertained.So if u r a hater So sorry for your experience.If u got seated right away somewhere else it’s because they were’nt busy.GO TO MCCRAE’S to get feed well.

Corn Beef hash

It’s homemade and is the real deal.NO OUT OF THE CAN!!! it is fresh and comes with eggs on top and some hash browns and toast.Its a big helpin’ so be prepared! it’s availible on the weekends.Its a special!!! not on the menu.ASK FOR IT!!!

H82W8 photo

H82W8

Portland, OR

Great lately

I have been there on two different occasions & had great service. Had the French Toast once…Delicious! & the Biscuits & Gravy the other time…Scrumptious!
The waitresses were efficient & polite. The food was delivered in a very timely manner.
I noticed the other reviews were from two years ago. the owners of McRae’s obviously listened to the complaints & have made positive changes. That’s saying something about their commitment to their customers. Thumbs up from me!

Biscuits & Gravy

The gravy actually had chunks of meat in it! The biscuits were soft & fluffy. It is my new favorite place for Biscuits & Gravy. Worth the extra drive.

Bobbi photo

Bobbi

Gresham, OR

Not happy with customer service!

I’m giving this place two stars because they do have good food, but we have always had to wait a long time to be served. Although, we’ve always been patient when we’ve had to wait. A couple of weeks ago we went to Mcrae’s for breakfast and we were meeting two people there. They were busy, but our family was on their way and should have been there any minute. Because they weren’t there yet the hostess decided to turn to the next group of people and seat them instead. I’ve NEVER had this kind of service before! We walked out and went to the M&M cafe which had great food and we were seated right away! I will never go to Mcrae’s again. I found what they did to be extremely rude and it was horrible customer service.

tamidavis photo

tamidavis

Gresham, OR

Horrible Service AND they called the COPS on US!

I used to like McCraes, I even told my family to go there because I liked it, they all hated it, saying that they had horrible service, and it took an hour to get their food. I used to think they were over reacting, until January 1st 2009. My husband, my 8 month old daughter, and I went, my daughter was getting tired, and after an hour and a half, we still hadn’t received our food. She was getting fussy because it was taking forever, so I called my parents who lived down the street to come pick her up and take her home to nap, bad idea it turns out. When they arrived, my husband took her out, put her in her carseat, and my parents took our car home, and left theirs, he came back in, and we finished our meal. Surprise Surprise, 2 hours after we got home from our 2 hour adventure at McCraes, 4 cops show up at our door, saying that the management at McCraes called them saying we left our baby in the car while we ate!! I was/am still furious with them. They didn’t ask us or mention anything to us while we were there, they didn’t even look at our car, they just watched us finish our meal, thinking we were neglecting our daughter, and took down my mom’s car’s license plate as we left. We had to explain the situation to the cops, who fortunately understood, and were also irritated that the manager didn’t just ask us personally instead of called the cops on us. Needless to say I, nor ANY of my family, are EVER returning to that horrible, awful place. Had their service not sucked so horribly, none of this would have happened. It was their fault we even had to have our daughter taken home, and then THEY have the NERVE to accuse us of child neglect! I take my job as a full-time mother very seriously, and am hurt by these false allegations from these idiotic people. And to think, we even left a tip! If you go here with kids, you better announce everything you’re doing to them, cause they may think you’re abusing your children or something. Please don’t waste your time here.

Country Special, French Toast

American Catering Coffee

McCrae's Country Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

McCrae's Country Cafe is located near the cities of Centennial, Gresham Northeast, Gresham North Central, Wood Village, and Fairview.
People found this by searching for: Mccrays Restaurant Gresham, Or, Mccrae's Country Cafe Menu, Mcraes Gresham Oregon, Mcrae's Restaurant, Mccrae's Country Cafe, Mccrae's Gresham, Mccrae's Country Cafe Gresham, Or, Mccraes Menu, and Mcraes Gresham.