7170 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119-1843

McMenamin's Tavern

Neighborhoods: West Mount Airy
Cuisine: American, Pub Food, Sandwiches

McMenamin's Tavern is a American, Pub Food, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great food,atmosphere,staff. A great neighborhood sports bar. Love this place"
"The food is generally good tasting. The grilled chicken sandwich, burger, wings and fries are very good."
"Great food, great beer, good prices, love the staff."
Cons
"The service is almost non-existent. You can wait ages for anyone to come by to offer you a refill, they make you wait until a table opens up for your party size, even if one is available before hand. For example, if you come in as a two, but there is only"
Comments
"A good place to go if you have plenty of time, and don't mind a very crowded space with a lot of noise."
  • 11/05/2018

Timfish tried it.

• 11/05/2018

An American chowhound from Conshohocken, PA tried it.

• 9/16/2018

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food,atmosphere,staff. A great neighborhood sports bar. Love this place
  • 7/06/2018

A diner from PA tried it and liked it.

• 3/25/2018

A Grill food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/16/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 10/25/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it and liked it.

• 9/19/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 8/19/2016

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Comments
  • 5/13/2016

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Sandwich-300x200

timfish photo

timfish

Philadelphia, PA

worst service I have ever seen

Although most of the food was very good I have never seen service as poor as this. They had one bartender and two waitstaff for a place that was packed. Half of our order came out totally wrong. I mean, nothing like what we ordered. It was plopped down on our table and the waiter left before we had a chance to tell him this was not our order. It took quite some time to get someone’s attention. Our food was taken back and presumably given to the correct diners after it sat at our table for close to five minutes. We then got our food but no one ever stopped by to ask if it was okay. The burger that my girlfriend ordered did not have the fried onions on it which she had requested and there was the smallest amount of lettuce on the bun that I have ever seen. Since I didn’t care that much I gave her my lettuce. Then the check was left on our table as the waitress rushed off. It was not our order and it was not the order which we had originally been given. Now, all this time there was a couple a few tables from us who had been there when we walked in. We had finished our meal and they sat there with empty glasses and no food the whole time. From what I heard it appeared that the same waitress had left a check for them even though they had never received their food. We waited around for ten more minutes out of curiosity. They were much more patient than I ever would have been. One of them finally got the attention of the bartender who went back to the kitchen to see what was going on. It took another ten minutes for them to get their food. We just sat there laughing at the total incompetence. Thank god the game was on so we could watch it while we waited for everything.
Now, while we were waiting for all this there was ANOTHER table that also got the wrong check.
How can a business continue with such awful service???

Jason_75 photo

Jason_75

Philadelphia, PA

Went way down hill...

I used to really enjoy going to McMenamin’s, recently food has gone WAY down hill. Wings are a waste, used to be good….quality is poor. Just ordered wings tonight, they were extremely small and most if not all the bones were broken. Not that I eat the bones but when you eat a wing and have to pull pieces of bone out of your month its not really enjoyable. I was going to order a burger, however they no longer carry kaiser rolls and the brioche they currently use is dry and lacking. Oh, and I havent seen the specials change much in months. Please bring the quality of food back. Until then i will be taking my business elsewhere.

Wings/Buger/Chicken fingers

I used to really enjoy going to McMenamin’s, recently food has gone WAY down hill. Wings are a waste, used to be good….quality is poor. Just ordered wings tonight, they were extremely small and most if not all the bones were broken. Not that I eat the bones but when you eat a wing and have to pull pieces of bone out of your month its not really enjoyable. I was going to order a burger, however they no longer carry kaiser rolls and the brioche they currently use is dry and lacking. Oh, and I havent seen the specials change much in months. Chicken tenders, they need to back off on the thyme a bit. Please bring the quality of food back. Until then i will be taking my business elsewhere.

American Pub Food Sandwiches

McMenamin's Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

McMenamin's Tavern is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, and William Penn Annex East.
People found this by searching for: Mcmenamins Tavern Philadelphia, Mcmenamins Mt Airy Pa, Mcmenamins Tavern Menu, Mcmenamin's Tavern Philadelphia, Pa, Mcmenamins Mt Airy Menu, Mcmenamins Mt Airy, and Mcmenamins Menu Germantown Ave.