101 S Black Horse Pike
Blackwood, NJ 08012-2900

Meadows Diner

Cuisine: Diner, Comfort Food, Lunch

Overall
Pros
"Old school diner"
"The staff (managerial and servers alike) are all very welcoming and wonderful! They always greet me and my family and friends with smiles and make sure that our experience is excellent. Even when I order it to go they are prompt and great about picking it"
"e.g. The food was very good and the service excellent. Friends of mine took me there and go there quite often. They were right when they said it was worth making many trips to this diner it was one of the best I have been to. The only one I liked bett"
"Best food in area."
"Everything! "
Cons
"Sometimes the wait can be long but it's still worth the wait!"
  • 10/21/2017

A diner from Blackwood, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/05/2017

A Diner chowhound from Sicklerville, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/26/2017

A Diner chowhound from US tried it.

• 5/07/2017

A Diner chowhound from Williamstown, NJ tried it.

• 2/15/2017

A dining patron from Oaklyn, NJ tried it.

• 1/22/2017

A diner from US tried it.

• 12/29/2016

A Diner chowhound from Blackwood, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/04/2016

A Diner food lover from Gwynn Oak, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/29/2016

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 10/17/2016

A Diner chowhound from Moorestown, NJ tried it.

DINERCRITIC1 photo

DINERCRITIC1

Blackwood, NJ

Used to be nice!

I don’t know what happened but over the years, I have seen the attitude in this diner, go down. My family, friends and I used to frequent this diner, every week. Then I started hearing stories and until I heard it or experienced it, myself, I didn’t believe it. I have talked with several waitresses who used to work there and heard horror stories, I felt was sour grapes, until I noticed it, myself. The manager, Maria was always nice. One hostess was very rude to me, once and I will never forget it. We brought our grandchild there when she was a baby. She started to fuss and as a nervous grandmother, I was in the midst of comforting her, when Pat, came up to me, put out her hands and was trying to take the baby from me. I was embarrassed and shocked. She didn’t want the baby to disturb the other patrons, she had said. When I tell you, I had been in that diner more times, than I could count and witnessed my share of many crying children and not once, complained, my feelings were hurt and eyes were on her trying to take my grandchild from me, which was double embrarrassing! Who does that?? My grandchild was hungry and I was trying to prepare her a bottle. It hadn’t been long, that she was crying, or I would have taken her out. I have never forgotten that, day and have not gone back, since. They lost a good customer that day and my family and friends.

Before that day, another incident, I recall, one night, my friend and her husband were to meet us at the diner for dinner. They got there a few minutes before we arrived. After a long day at work, they wanted to just sit down and order their coffee, but again, Pat, told them they were too busy to seat them, unless we were there, all together, ready to be served! They were furious but waited for us and we arrived,shortly,after, then having to wait additional time, for a table, as their table was given to someone, else! They never returned after that, night, either!

Those incidents and what I had been hearing, turned me off. The food was good, price, so, so but I did not care too much for how the help and some patrons was treated by the hostess and management. I always felt sorry for them but I know, many have since, left. I give this diner one star. Improvement should be made, unless it has already been done, I don’t know.

Diner Comfort Food Dinner

Meadows Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Meadows Diner is located near the cities of Gloucester Township, Grenloch, Gloucester Twp, Hilltop, and Blackwood Terrace.
People found this by searching for: The Meadows Diner Blackwood Nj, Meadows Diner Blackwood Nj, The Meadows Diner, Meadows Diner Menu, Meadows Diner, Meadows Diner Blackwood, Nj, Meadows Diner Blackwood Nj Menu, and Meadows Diner Blackwood Nj Dinner Specials.