1990 Marlton Pike E
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-1836

Megu Sushi

Cuisine: Sushi, Kid's Menu, Breakfast

Megu Sushi is a Sushi, Kid's Menu, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 11/06/2014

A Sushi food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it.

iHeartSushii photo

iHeartSushii

Cherry Hill, NJ

Disappointment...

My sister and I came back from Megu about an hour or so ago, and I must say, I am quite disappointed. She and I went for lunch and ate $90 worth of sushi and sashimi and that, in my opinion, makes us a couple of hard-core sushi lovers. We’ve been to Megu a few times before and because we always order at least $80 worth of food – not including gratuity – they remember us. Well, this time, we noticed something fishy… We ordered Ama ebi sushi and decided to order the Ama ebi sashimi as well. The menu stated that sashimi would be 3 pieces… we received 2 pieces. We were told that there was a mistake on the menu — okay, fine. My sister and I are pretty trusty gals and we rarely check the bill, but, this time, we decided to check. The price of the Ama ebi was $1 more than it was listed on the menu! (I have no idea how I recalled the price from the menu but knew something wasn’t right so I asked for the menu). The owner stated that the Ama ebi was out-of-season, they were bigger than the regular “in season” ones, etc., etc. (It was the same size). The “Seasonal Items” section on the menu had 3 items listed – Ama ebi was NOT one of them. The menu clearly stated that Ama ebi sashimi was 3 pieces for $6. We were given two orders of 2 pieces and charged $7 each. At this point, I was really disliking this place and it made us wonder… Were we always being overcharged??

Megu has good food but their business practices are poor. No one appreciates being cheated and lied to – especially me. Unfortunate but we will never go back to Megu.

milkbar photo

milkbar

Studio City, CA

this place isnt as popular as it should be!!

this is a hidden gem in cherry hill! it sits in the back of the Village Walk Shopping Center, right across from a very busy italian restaurant.

i love the fact that this is a BYOB. although i prefer to just choose my drinks at the restuarant, i can buy my own sake and plum wine for much cheaper than they will charge me, and they will even warm up sake for you. i prefer to bring NIGORI which is unfiltered sake (white in color and served cold). i think the cold saki complements the cool flavors of the sushi rolls.

i am from the west coast, and i grew up on sushi. i usually eat it every week so i am a huge critic when it comes to fish and the sushi rolls.

listen for their specials because they are dead on. their fish is super fresh – never fishy. if they have the special mackeral fish flown in from japan, you must have it. they take the fish and cut you some sashimi from it and they decorate the plate with what is left of the whole fish body. when you finish the sashimi part, they take the fish bone and deep fry it… they say its really good for your skin… like a cracker to chew on. its okay if you like chewing on small bones…

the east coast doesnt serve albacore tuna for some reason, which is my personal favorite, so you must try the white fish tuna instead… ask for some ponzu dipping sauce with it – so good.

a couple of my favorite rolls:
the naruto roll – fresh fish surrounded by thinly sliced cucumber – no rice. very refreshing
the green dragon roll – fresh water eel inside and avacado outside – i prefer this as a “dessert roll” because its sweet
the volcano roll – it has a good crunch with spicy tuna inside and crunchy flakes and hot sauce

i am never dissapointed in this place. if we dont eat it, we always get take out. they are very friendly and the staff will do whatever it takes to please you. i also love the watermelon chunks for dessert. its different to the usual orange chunks. really yummy.

Naruto Roll

Tuna, salmon, yellowtail, crab stick, avocado, fish roe wrapped with cucumber

Volcano Roll

Spicy crunchy tuna w. avocado, hot spicy sauce on top

Green Dragon Roll

Avocado outside, eel/cucumber/flying fish roe inside

Rainbow Roll -

California roll topped w. tuna, salmon, white fish, shrimp & avocado

BYOB Sushi Sushi Bars
Fri-Sat 04:30PM - 10:30PM
Mon-Sat 11:30AM - 03:00PM
Mon-Thu 04:30PM - 10:00PM
Sun 12:30PM - 09:30PM

Megu Sushi  Restaurant Reviews

Megu Sushi is located near the cities of Cherry Hill Twp, Golden Triangle, Ellisburg, Westmont, and Haddon.
People found this by searching for: Magu Sushi, Megu Sushi Coupon, Megu Sushi Cherry Hill, Village Walk Shopping Center Cherry Hill Nj, Home Cheating Megu Japanese, Megu Sushi Cherry Hill Coupon, Megu Cherry Hill, Megu In Cherry Hill Nj, and Megu Sushi.