817 7th St Nw

Cuisine: Indian, Pakistani, Caterer

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Going back? Maybe not Mehak!

My wife and I are avid fans of Indian Cuisine, and are almost always on the lookout for new or untried eateries. Recently my Daughter was in town on business so we decided to treat her to her first Indian meal ever at this location near her hotel. This was not the best place to christen someone to the delectable foods Indian Cuisine has to offer. Although by no means bad, it was not the best, or even close to the best we’ve experienced – especially with so many fine Indian Restaurants in the DC Area! We began by tasting their assorted appetizers sampler platter which consisted of veggie samosas, aloo tikkis, chicken pakoras and veggie pakoras. We found most of the selections to be on the bland side. I tended to attribute this to their attempting to accommodate the delicate American DC tourist palate. My Daughter and I for the first time tried and had their Kingfisher Beer – very nice. My wife had the most dissatisfying Chai Masala Tea. I started with the Mulligtawny (Lentil) Soup, which although somewhat tasty, was a bit watery and lacking in body; My wife had for the main course, an order of Butter Chicken, which in her own words, was nothing like any Butter Chicken she’d ever had – definitely not traditionally speaking! Its tender chicken cubes were barbecued and then finished in butter sauce which made it extremely smoky – none of us thought it should have been prepared that way; My daughter (the novice) was stuck with a very bland Chicken Biryani made with nuts, and fruits served over basmati rice with raita; Finally, my course consisted of Lamb Saagwala – lamb cubes cooked in spinach sauce. Although it was good, with the meat tender and generally OK, although I’ve had much better. All of courses were served with the traditional Nan a baked flower soft bread and Roti a baked whole wheat bread, neither of which were good enough to write home about. Overall, the service was very good, we were pleasantly taken care of, questions were well answered, but unfortunately, if you have experienced true and well prepared Indian Cuisine, and thoroughly enjoy it – this is not the place for you. The complete experience was not a loss, as half the experience is with the company you keep!

Indian Pakistani Food Delivery Services

Mehak Indian Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mehak Indian Restaurant is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: The 10 Best Columbia Restaurants 2015, Restaurant Coupons In Clinton, Ia, Medterrian Restaurants In Northeast Fresno, Restaurants 9508 Northeast Court, Matthews, Nc 28105, Restaurants Near Rosslyn, Va Metro Station, Clinton Restaurants, Pathure Recipe, Pathure Sholay, and Restaurants Clinton Ma.