7952 Se 13th Ave
Portland, OR 97202

Mekong Vietnamese Grill

Neighborhoods: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Lunch, Catering

Mekong Vietnamese Grill is a Vietnamese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

• 10/30/2014

A Vietnamese chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/05/2014

A diner from Gresham, OR tried it.

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

Sellwood's Best Asian Option?

Date Visited: Saturday October 24, 2009 (Dinner)

I can’t say that I know Vietnamese food at all, but they know how to make a vegan meal and that is all I need. My wife and I were hosting an event at the Davis Graveyard later that night, so we thought a good dinner spot would be Mekong.

We arrived early and sat at the long bench that probably seats 12 fairly confortably. We were only expecting 4 more, but the place is small and it just seemed easier to get the big table than pull a bunch of tables together in the corner. The menu is on paper and a blackboard. It appears that they have a few specials which may or may not rotate on any regular basis.

One thing I noticed was that the staff members were really nice. They all seemed helpful to patrons who might not know what to order. Everyone at our table seemed to enjoy what they got and I have a feeling this place will be visited again and again by Alicks, myself, and other members of our group.

Vegetarian Pho

Alicks had somewhat eaten at home a few hours earlier, so I ordered the soup and salad for us both to share. The soup was a vegetarian Pho with noodles, veggies, a good vegetable broth, tofu, and 2 kinds of sauces (one that’s got some kick) that you could mix in. The salad also had tofu. I don’t know why I can’t remember what else was on it (since I ate more of this than the soup), but the combination of the 2 dishes really hit the spot and I was not disappointed with either. The quantity was sufficient and the price was very reasonable.

makkim photo

makkim

Tigard, OR

A hidden gem in Sellwood

This tiny place is tucked away in Sellwood. As you walk in, your greeted by the owners with a smile. Seating is okay. They have a long picnic table that seats about 16 people and several two-top tables. If you come in with a group, it’s best to make reservations ahead of time especially on a weekend since it gets pretty crowded. Overall, the venue is very clean, menu has a good variety of options including vegetarian and the owners were even kind enough to explain how to prepare our pho bowls. Also, unlike many venues, prices are rather cheap considering the amount you get. It’s pretty abundant! I’ve been here a few times and the experience is always pleasant.

Vegetarian Pho

This was a special the weekend I came in with some friends. It consisted of vegetarian broth, rice noodles and seasonings. Some herbs, bean sprouts and veggies came on the side. The flavor and portion sizes were great.

Cagney photo

Cagney

Portland, OR

Amazing Vegetarian Pho

This is one of the few Vietnamese Restaurants that offers a true vegetarian Pho. The staff is wonderful and very accomodating!

Crispy Tofu

I usually get the Vegetarian Pho, but this time I tried one of their specials, Crispy Tofu. Instead of the normal sauce, which contained fish, I opted for the sweet chili sauce which was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the dish.

An Xuyen Bakery

Coffee & Tea in Northwest

Hoho Restaurant

Chinese in Richmond

9/25/2022

A diner from Hillsboro, OR tried Shenanigans on the Willamette in Overlook and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/16/2022

A diner from Portland, OR tried Elephant and Castle in Downtown and liked it. They liked the food.

9/10/2022

A dining patron from US tried L'Auberge (CLOSED) in Northwest District.

9/09/2022

A Mexican food lover from Portland, OR tried Don Pedro Mexican Food in Gresham - Rockwood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food but sometimes they slip on service
9/09/2022

A diner from US tried Claim Jumper in Metzger.

9/08/2022

An American chowhound from Marietta, GA tried Big Red's -- A Western Cafe in Sylvan - Highlands - Southwest Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

DIRECT ADS (not accurate sizing)
8/29/2022

A diner from Vancouver, WA tried Marco Polo Garden in Old Town - Chinatown and liked it.

8/23/2022

A dining patron from Beaverton, OR tried Fiddleheads Restaurant and Bar in Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League.

8/21/2022

A Mexican chowhound from US tried Don Pedro Mexican Food in Gresham - Rockwood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/15/2022

An American chowhound from US tried Sir Loins Restaurant in Roseway and liked it. They liked the food.

Vietnamese Lunch Outdoor seating
City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Mekong Vietnamese Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Mekong Vietnamese Grill is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Mekong Vietnamese Grill Portland Sellwood Menu, Mekong Portland, Mekong Sellwood Menu, Mekong Vietnamese Grill Portland, Vegetarian Pho Portland, Mekong Menu Sellwood, Mekong Sellwood, and Mekong Vietnamese Grill.