47 E Ridgewood Ave

DarkCamelot photo

DarkCamelot

Suffern, NY

Mela Cuisine of India

Ridgewood, NJ offers a lot of restaurants. Mela serves great Indian cuisine. There are tastes that appeal to everyone: tandoori specials and fresh breads, basmati rice dishes, appetizers, soups, seafood, chicken, lamb, and so much more. I found myself enjoying the butter chicken and naan. The sampler appetizer platter is a great way to get everything under the sun without missing anything at all. Lassis are always a must for your drinking pleasure. Lunch specials are a good way to try out this place that starts at $9.95. The place is BYO to enjoy with your favorite dish.

delirium820 photo

delirium820

Waldwick, NJ

Great Indian tastes and smell...

Great sit-down Indian restaurant. I really enjoyed the buffet served during lunch. A lot of great flavors and wonderful food. I always have to get a lassi drink whenever I eat at an Indian restaurant. This one was done very well. Definitely worth the trip into Ridgewood for good exotic food like this.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ

India Comes to Ridgewood @ Mela

Ridgewood is known for its variety of restaurants. If you walk down the street, it feels like a cultural exchange program going from Turkey to Indonesia to Italy to China to India. Mela is a great Indian restaurant that has been around for many years attracting all types of curious people wondering what Indian food is all about. It ha shaken my a while to find out myself but once I did I knew Mela was the place to try out.

The aromas really hit you when you walk into the place and it feels both exotic and inviting. Not knowing what to try I definitely felt that the appetizer sampler was the way to do it. I have do admit that I now have a fondness for samosas and pakoras. That’s, of course, after I got used to the spices. Once I did I knew I could handle what was in store for me.

The butter chicken is such a simple concoction but extremely tasty dish. I definitely feel in love with it and knew I found a winner. This was even better with both the basmati rice and naan on hand. Both give the curry a different texture in taste but was very complementary.

During the meal I was treated to a nice mango lassi. It’s like a milkshake but made with buttermilk. After the mean I indulged with a nice hot chai.

I was impressed with Mela and definitely have a great fondness for Indian food. Here’s to future jaunts with exotic spices.

8/25/2020

An American food lover from US tried MacMurphy's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/16/2020

A Japanese food lover from Fair Lawn, NJ tried Sakura Bana Restaurant and liked it.

4/29/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Valley Stream, NY tried Sakura Bana Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/26/2020

A Japanese food lover from Newark, NJ tried Sakura Bana Restaurant and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

4/24/2020

A Japanese food lover from Westport, CT tried Sakura Bana Restaurant.

3/11/2020

A diner from New York, NY tried Bagelicious.

2/17/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Ridgewood, NJ tried Sakura Bana Restaurant.

1/11/2020

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried Baumgarts Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/04/2019

A Vietnamese chowhound from Uniondale, NY tried TC's Little Taste of Saigon.

5/18/2019

A diner from Ridgewood, NJ tried Asian Grill.

Indian Dinner BYOB

Mela  Restaurant Reviews

Mela is located near the cities of Ho Ho Kus, Glen Rock, Midland Park, Waldwick, and Washington Twp.
People found this by searching for: Mela Indian Restaurant Ridgewood Nj, Tandoori Mela Basking Ridge Nj, Mela Ridgewood Nj, Mella Cusine Ridgewood Indian Restaurants In Ridge Wood Nj, Mela Tv Review, Mela Ridgewood Menu, and Mela Tv Reviews.