601 W Peace St
Raleigh, NC 27605

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers - Downtown Raleigh

Cuisine: Pizza, Vegan, Calzones

• 4/14/2013

A Pizza food lover from Durham, NC tried it and liked it.

haledixon photo

haledixon

New Orleans, LA

Dirty people can make good pizza.

For years I avoided this place based on just the name, it just reminded me of gross. When I started working on Glenwood Ave, though, it was in walking distance (and right across the street from Mojoe’s) so it became one of the regular spots. As much as I hate to admit it, those hippies can make a pretty fucking good pizza. They say they use springwater for the dough. I don’t know what the fuck that means but it’s pretty good. I get the bbq chicken pizza, which while only being about 1/4 as good as the bbq pizza from The Loop, it’s still better than most other things. I only associate this place, though, with long ranting and bitching about work. I think it’s a conditioned response now as the last time is stopped in I felt the need to just bitch about things.

Ok, so, to recap: the pizza is good, it’s usually crowded, and I forgot to mention the waitresses are usually really cute. Also, lunch is almost really crowded so if you’re going, go early or later in the afternoon and just avoid it altogether on Friday and Sat nights. Unless you like douchebags, or you are a douchebag.

December 1, 2010

Great Pizza

One of the best pizza's I've had. I have also heard their calzones and great as well. Would definetely visit them again!
January 23, 2009

BDesk

Used to think it was great but the food quality has been really off lately. Undercooked pizza and a calzone that was only recognizable as a calzone because it said that's what it was on the menu. Good atmosphere but ratchet up the quality…
September 10, 2008

Great pizza

I've been going to the Mushroom for 3 years, as do many coworkers in downtown Raleigh. I love their pizzas and salads. Service is pretty good most of the time. Even when I ordered at the counter for takeout it was fast. I love the…

Pizza Vegan Takeout
Tips
  • This pizzeria sells merchandise, including mouse pads, T-shirts, calendars and gift certificates, on its website.
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:30PM
Sun 12:00AM - 10:00PM

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers - Downtown Raleigh  Restaurant Reviews

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers - Downtown Raleigh is located near the cities of Nc State University and Brentwood.
People found this by searching for: Pizza In Raleigh, Nc Delivery, Mellow Mushroom Raleigh Menu, Delivery Downtown Raleigh, Raleigh Downtown Pizza Delivery, Calzones In Downtown Raleigh, Mellow Mushroom Raleigh, Mellow Mushroom Raleigh Delivery, and Pizza Downtown Raleigh.