2805 Center Valley Parkway, Suite 624
Center Valley, PA 18034

Melt

Cuisine: Italian, Pizza, Lunch

Melt is a Italian, Pizza, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Melt is the best Italian Cuisine in the area. The Cuisine is prepared to perfection. Our Server, Kait, did an excellent job in presenting the far and her knowledge of wine was impressive."
Cons
"Very little could have been improved at Melt in my opinion. Melt presents itself as a fine dining Italian Restaurant, and lives up to the bill in all aspects"
  • 6/15/2016

An Italian food lover from Macungie, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Pizza

MoeMuncher photo

MoeMuncher

Hellertown, PA

Don't Let the Price Tag Fool You

My husband and I went here with another couple that we enjoy dining with on a regular basis. We usually drive to Philly or NYC for an “upscale” dining experience, so we were excited to try something closer to home.

We stopped by to see if they had any tables and were promptly told nothing was available. When we pointed out that we could see a number of empty tables, the hostess disappeared for a few minutes, and then seated us immediately.

We were so happy to snag a table that we didn’t mind, at first, that we had to wait 20 minutes before we even saw our server. Afraid we may never see her again, we placed our entire order at once.

Our fears were not unfounded; the server never checked on us except when bringing out our drinks and the appetizer and main courses. There was, of course, a very zealous bread server who seemed to think that he could compensate for the horrible service by sending us into a carbohydrate coma. Our bread basket was refilled three times!

I will say that the drink list was impressive; I always enjoy a good champagne cocktail. We thought that it would be a good place to go have a cocktail before a movie to enjoy the ambience. It’s very doubtful that we would go back for dinner though. At the end of the day, you’re paying for atmosphere, and you get plenty of it. Just be sure to save a few dollars to by something to eat on the way home.

Fritto Misto

The eggplant was not too bad, but it was supposed to come with goat cheese. Instead we received some sort of grainy blob reminiscent of ricotta.

Panzanella

Panzanella is one of my favorites. The version here was serviceable but not particularly memorable.

Spiedini

The menu said “skewerS.” My friend received on skewer of seafood that was so badly charred, it tasted like charcoal.

Salciccia

The soup was awful! The sausage was flavorless.

in10sitee photo

in10sitee

Allentown, PA

First impression of restaurant is misleading...

I thought that it would be a great choice for a romantic dinner for my fiancee and I. I was only half right. The restaurant is classy and chic and makes a great first impression. Unfortunately, I think that the chefs were sleeping in the kitchen. The wine list and drink menu was pretty extensive but slightly over priced for the area in my opinion. The dinner menu seemed to show alot of potential. Again, at first glance, rather pricey…but once I received our food I was very unsatisfied. For the price that they charged for the plates, I would have expected heaven in my mouth. It was not. The carpaccio was overpowered by raw shiitake mushrooms and was more like a plate of shaved parm cheese. The eggplant app ws nice, but def NOT worth $15. Then I made the grave mistake of ordering the veal special. It was horrible. It was grilled and over cooked. It was chewy and caused me send it back. It wasnt worth paying $35 for. The manager acted accordingly and gave me a different entree of the chicken rollentini. That was much better. Over all, I give 2 out of 5 stars. I dont recommend it.

Tuna

Small portion that was very bland and under seasoned. I have had much better tuna for much cheaper.

Eggplant & Cheese appetizer

The description was very misleading. It was Eggplant & Zucchini fried chips with a fried cheese sample and some ricotta cheese under the eggplant chips. Pretty plate but not worth the price!

Carpaccia

The beef was overpowered by the mushrooms and it was covered with shavings of parmiggiano reggiano cheese. I couldnt taste the beef at all and that is why you order carpaccio isnt it??

DebRex photo

DebRex

Bethlehem, PA

Does not live up to expectation or cost

The food was less than acceptable. The service was terrible. I think the attitude of the staff is totally pretentious. There were 2 gentlemen on the rooftop who I guess were security w/ little ear pieces,,,almost 3/4 of seating had reserved sign…no one showed up and the signs remained there. We went to listen to a friend perform so we stayed for his performance but most likely would of walked in said “this is nicely done” and walked out because the feeling is definitely not welcoming.
Too bad Paolo’s in Northampton couldnt absorb the space!!!! The atmosphere is beautiful love the rooftop setting but its totally spoiled by the poor quality of the food and terrible service/staff

pizzia1oli di pollo

Presentation was nothing more than pizza parlor. It was dried out.

RJones photo

RJones

Hellertown, PA

Dissapointing

It took me a long time to go into Melt as I had always heard reviews of ‘not worth the price.’ The assesment is spot on, based on the quality of the food they should be charging about 1/2 of what they do. When we finally stopped in it was for lunch.

I had house ravoli – 5 cheese ($15). The dish was so salty I couldn’t eat it. I had the pistachio cake ($9) for dessert, which was a giant portion size. There were two thick slices of pistachio pound cake, which were chilled (or not fully defrosted) with a scoup of vanilla ice cream and some white chocolate sauce drizzle. It was just okay, it was both cold and dry. I left 3/4 of the dish on the plate.

My partner had the italian sausage sandwich ($9) which was to come with grilled sweet pepers and onions. The sandwich was very dry, and he stole some of my marinara sauce to add to his sandwich. The best part of the meal was the fries served on the side.

If I had food like this every day I’d be a size 0! It’s not worth the price or the calories. The atmosphere and decore is great, they had very pleasent music playing at a reasonable volume. We had at least four servers visit our table, which we found to be pestering

katesq photo

katesq

Center Valley, PA

Extremely overpriced, medicore (at best) food

My huband and I wanted to share a romantic dinner out together for my birthday, so we decided upon Melt, which is known in the Lehigh Valley for its ambiance and upscale dining experience. That, unfortunately, is all it should be known for…

We ordered the calamari to start, which was bland, bland, bland. It came with a nice and spicy dipping sauce that almost saved the dish (but, for about $10 a plate, I’d expect more from it than a good sauce).

I ordered the tuna, rare. It was, again, bland. It was slightly overcooked and came without any sides. My husband got the NY strip steak, medium rare, which the server raved was the specialty of the house and the restaurant’s most flavorful steak. If that’s true, I’d be scared to try their other steaks. The NY strip was bland and dry. Although there appeared to have been a spice rubbed added to the meat, very little flavor remained on the dish.

Each entree is served a la carte, which would have been fine had our broccoli rabe not been practically too bitter to swallow. Both my husband and I are avid vegetable lovers, and I was barely able to choke down the dish. My husband, however, was not such a good sport and refused to eat more than a biteful.

For dessert, we ordered the meringa, which was the best part of the meal. It was a light and airy mousse-like concoccotion, with a few berries and some chocolate drizzled on top. I would definitely order that again (that is, if I’d ever go back to Melt, which I will not, I’m sorry to say).

Nevertheless, the service was impeccable. We had at least 2 servers waiting on us attentively throughout dinner, and we were never kept waiting for anything at all. Several manager-types asked us about our courses, as well.

Again, the ambiance was very nice, and the attentive service was high-class, for sure. But, our dinner, which included 2 glasses of wine, 2 entrees, 1 side dish, 1 appetizer, and 1 dessert, cost us over $120, before tip, making our meal seem all the more bland, unoriginal, and off-putting. Never again…

servmgr photo

servmgr

Center Valley, PA

Melt; I have figured it out

I have been to Melt many times. I host customer events there, go to the bar, (never Level 3; I’m not pretty enough). Each visit, I leave dissapointed. Why? The food is good enough. The service generally dissapoints. I think it is all about the expectations created by the place. The place is stunning. It is a heck of a place. It is almost intmidating. The experience can’t live up to the expectations set by the atmosphere. You are greeted by indifference at the door, passed on to an indifferent bartender, seved dinner with indifference, and hit with a bill that will certainly get yiour attention. That is OK if the value is there.
Melt; train the staff. Monitor the service. You are only short a couple of ingridients to make it a first-lass experience.

Chrsmasctysanta photo

Chrsmasctysanta

Bethlehem, PA

Beautiful Interior Design-Horrible service-Interesting food

The interior design here is absolutely fabulous. The food is very interesting and well prepared and I am a big time foodie. However, every time I go there, the service, sadly, gets worse. I usually take guests there that are from out of town. There is a psuedo-nightclub on the 3rd floor of the place that is great in the summertime because it is open air and a great atmosphere. However, the staff up there is rude and you’ll wait 25 minutes to get a cocktail server to even recognize your there! For the off the chart prices, the service should be right there too. The service on all 3 floors has been horrible! Their sister restaurant, Blue Grillhouse has great service and great food-skip Melt and go to Blue instead.

ColinKelley photo

ColinKelley

Boston, MA

Great menu selections & very cool atmosphere! Try the...

Great menu selections & very cool atmosphere!

Try the Mussels, veal ragu, and a bottle of Amarone!

Italian Pasta Shops Pizza

Melt  Restaurant Reviews

Melt is located near the cities of Upper Saucon Township, Coopersburg, Saucon Valley, Lower Milford Twp, and Limeport.
People found this by searching for: The Melt Center Valley Parkway, Melt Saucon Valley, Melt Center Valley Pa, Melt Restaurant Saucon Valley, Melt Center Valley, Melt Restaurant Centervalley Review, The Melt Restaurant In Saucon Valley Pa, Melt Restaurant Allentown, and Melt Saucon Valley Menu.