100 Sinatra Dr
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Melting Pot

Cuisine: American (New), Fondue, Gluten Free

Melting Pot is a American (New), Fondue, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

JMK0508 photo

JMK0508

Hoboken, NJ

Don't Buy a Groupon

I have been to The Melting Pot several times in my life (maybe 5 times), and at different locations too. I’ve always felt that the meal/experience was a bit expensive, but I’d always return for a special occasion or something like that (when I was willing to spend some money). I used a Groupon this time, however, and it seemed that the portion sizes were virtually cut in HALF. The salad (second course) was absolutely pitiful – so small that it was almost a joke. However, my boyfriend and I were willing to overlook it…. until we saw the main entree come out. The platter consisted of 5 items we chose (steak, chicken, shrimp, tofu, and raviolis), and again, the portion was MUCH smaller than a typical entrée we’ve had there in the past. It almost looked like the platter was for ONE person, not TWO. The two meat items (steak and chicken), for instance, consisted of only two small pieces each – two small pieces of steak and two small pieces of chicken. That means if two people are sharing, that’s ONE PIECE EACH!

If The Melting Pot is going to cut the portion sizes drastically when people use a Groupon, then it doesn’t make the deal “worth it.” We left hungry and frustrated. But we did speak to the manager on the way out, and she surprisingly took our information and agreed to comp our next meal there for FREE. We will go back for the free meal to make up for this bad experience, but we wouldn’t buy another Groupon for this restaurant! Any place offering a Groupon should go above and beyond to encourage return customers. Isn’t that the purpose of a Groupon? If this had been my first time at The Melting Pot, I absolutely would NEVER think to return again. And now, after this experience, we’ll go back for the comped meal, but I doubt I’ll go back again after that. This Groupon experience just killed all positive feelings I had about The Melting Pot.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ

Fondness for Fondue @ The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot in Hoboken is a hopping eatery that has a huge customer base because of its novel approach to dining. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant—which basically means that everything you eat will be prepared by you at your table.

Inside, the attractive, modern decor and dim lighting make for a romantic and chic dining experience. It has plenty of tables and a separate area for parties.

The menu is fantastic, if not pricey. There is a four course meal, for example, that is “fondue for two”—prices are in the $60 range. The fare is top notch fresh salmon, steak, lobster—all delicious and cooked fondue style in boullion or other broth-based seasoning.

The chocolate fondue desserts are out of this world, and the specialty drinks like a chocolate martini or Irish coffee are delectable treats.

Reservations are a must at The Melting Pot. My husband and I tried walking in one evening to see if we could get a table. We were put on the waiting list but it would be a good hour and a half before we would even be seated, if we were lucky. It was a lesson well learned in making advanced reservations to this place because it is always crowded.

American (New) Fondue Gluten Free

Melting Pot  Restaurant Reviews

Melting Pot is located near the cities of Hudson County, Weehawken Township, Nyc, Weehawken Twp, and Weehawken.
People found this by searching for: Melting Pot Fondue Cooking 2 If By Land 1 If By Sea, The Melting Pot Hoboken Nj Menu, Melting Pot Hoboken, Restaurant Week Hoboken Melting Pot, The Melting Pot Hoboken Menu, The Melting Pot Hoboken Nj, and The Melting Pot Menu Hoboken Nj.