939 S 2nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53204-1824

Meraki

(Near the intersection of S 2nd St and W Mineral St)

Neighborhoods: Walker's Point
Cuisine: Global, International, American (New)

Meraki is a Global, International, and American (New) restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Everything"
Comments
"Drool."
  • 5/02/2015

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Everything
  • 12/12/2014

A Global chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/21/2014

A Global food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 1/19/2015

• 12/15/2014

A Global food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
    Drool.
  • 12/08/2014

zarnowme photo

zarnowme

New restaurant in Town

Meraki is located in Milwaukee, under the historic Bradley Clock Tower. It is a beautiful restaurant with nice décor. The bartender was very friendly and has created some very delicious and unique cocktails. The food was very creative and was very eclectic. I found the food’s presentation to be more appealing than the taste. The prices were high and I left feeling hungry. The menu changes often, so I would like to give this restaurant another try. I would go again just for the wonderful cocktails and atmosphere.

Abalone mushroom gnocchi

Presentation was pretty. Unique mushroom and well made gnocchi. Overall, this dish was good, however it left me wanting more flavor and more substance.

rachaelrl photo

rachaelrl

Good for a group

Went here recently with a group of 7, and we went with the (mid-level) Culinary Adventure. I’m not usually an adventurous type with food, but when with a group it was a fun thing to try! With it being a slow night, the kitchen was able to accommodate us with dishes that worked for a mixed group of vegetarian/non-vegetarian diners. In total, we had 8 dishes, PLUS dessert! I can’t even remember all of them!

Most of them were not on the standard menu, including some of my favorites. If they’re ever offering a beet slaw with goat cheese, order it! It was fantastic! There was also a cold soba noodle dish that was great (I believe it’s on the Bar Bites menu).

Unfortunately, we were really the only group there that night (it was a Wednesday). It’s too bad that there weren’t other parties there. I hope that Meraki doesn’t go the same route as so many places in Milwaukee that are closing.

Red cabbage and beet salad

Good balance of dressing, veggies, and goat cheese.

Bonbon3 photo

Bonbon3

Adventure!

Excellent and filling dinner. Very different dishes mixing foods I’d never put together. All chefs choices as we chose the Culinary Advnture. some dishes were off menu and all surprising and nteresting and delicious

We chose the $50/person dinner. We had 9 surprise courses. Because our group was a mix we had som vegetarian and some meat/fish courses i would do ut again i think thelarger the group – the better the experience

Red cabbage and beet salad

Very good. Spicy but the goat cheese made it perfect. I never would have out those items together

Seared scallops at Meraki

Seared scallops

Very good dish – served with a fennel salad. Again very different with the spices adding originality to the dish

Okonomiyaki pancake

It was delicicious and reminded me of egg foo young. The spices again added a great flavor to the dish. I’d order it again

Hot bread

Best bread ever! The garlic and red pepper mixed with the dough was fabulous. I could have eaten it all myself! The flavors were amazing

bread pudding

it was fwbulous had blueberries and strawberries mixed with a creme brulee toppings excellent flavors and attractove to look at

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

Extraordinary Experience

Tried the $50.00 tasting experience. All nine dishes were very good with unique flavors and pleasing presentation. Many items were ‘off menu’ which provided new taste sensations. Wait staff was attentive in part because we were one of the only tables on a Wednesday evening.

Red cabbage and beet salad

Excellent taste and presentation. Lots of flavor and unique combinations which was perfect for a nine-course meal. Had enough to take home for another serving or two.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Not Your Everyday Lunch

Lunch at Meraki, is an adventure. Dark woods and iron ball lights make for a cozy atmosphere. We started with savory pancakes, Okonomiyaki, with veggies and toasted nori. The flavors are definitely out of the normal , which is a welcome change for lunch. Spices are infused in all dishes.

Service was great, the waitress was more than willing to explain each dish.

Korean Beef Brisket Sandwich

Smoked and slow roasted brisket was rich and flavorful. Serviced with spicy kimchi.slaw.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Unique drinks and food

Went to Meraki with a group of fellow dining friends. We stopped at the bar first and the cocktail list was very unique. The bartender was very helpful with answering questions. The dining room was very inviting with a booths and tables and even a chef’s table. Our server was attentive and took the time to answer our questions as well. It was a great atmosphere and unique menu, that I would like to go back to try other dishes.

Seared scallops at Meraki

Seared scallops

The scallops had a nice sear, and the dish came with spiced pumpkin purée, sherry roasted pearl onions, brown sugar bacon & rutabaga, toasted pumpkin seeds. It was a very flavorful combination.

Global International Reservations

Meraki  Restaurant Reviews

Meraki is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Restrant On 2nd Merinal St In Milwaukee, Article/Review Meraki Restaurant In The Milwaukee Journal/March 27, 2015, Meraki Milwaukee Menu, Meraki Walker's Point, Meraki Restaurant Milwaukee, Meraki Milwaukee, and Meraki Menu.