1803 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015

Middlesex Diner

Cuisine: American, Lunch, Breakfast

Middlesex Diner is a American, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I don't know what is so great about this restaurant. It has fair prices but the place lacks atmosphere. Coffee was ok. 4 the price of food I would like better service better atmosphere and the plates r just standard. Call me crazy but there r better pl"
"The waitress was fine till she gossiped to the guest at bar. Then claimed we ate food we didn't. All food taste microwaved and got cold quick. "
"Conviently located off 81 SW of Harrisburg Pa. 24 Hrs. Food tastes good but has gone down in quality over the last couple of years. "
"free green tea"
"I had liver which was unusually tough. When I said something to the cashier my entire meal was free!! THAT is unbelievable customer service. This isn't the last time I'll eat here. The food, service, and customer service are A+++++"
"Very friendly service food was great!!"
"Nice friendly service and good food"
Cons
"Portions have gotten smaller over the past few years. Esp. the sandwiches. Appearance on the plate is less appealing. They used to have really nice club sandwiches served w/potato chips. The sandwich got noticeably smaller and they started serving smal"
"Middlesex diner one of the staple diners on the Carlisle/Harrisburg Pike, small improvements can be done at the seating area near the kitchen. the chairs are not angled correctly and one feels they may actually tip backwards. The menu has been revised dow"
Comments
"I'm sorry many years of good food, which is still not bad just not special anymore, had to come to a point where this relative employee felt it appropriate to treat a customer in a fashion noone would ever want to go back anyway. YES fortunately there ar"
  • 5/14/2019

• 11/10/2018

An American food lover from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 9/29/2018

An American chowhound from Masury, OH tried it.

• 7/23/2018

An American food lover from Monroeville, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/17/2018

An American chowhound from Lancaster, PA tried it.

• 7/09/2018

An American food lover from Willimantic, CT tried it.

• 6/10/2018

An American chowhound from Carlisle, PA tried it.

• 5/15/2018

A diner from Akron, OH tried it.

• 4/08/2018

An American food lover from Mechanicsburg, PA tried it.

• 4/06/2018

An American chowhound from Lebanon, PA tried it.

davidd4 photo

davidd4

Orlando, FL

Middlesex Diner Carlisle Pa

Over the last 15 years i’ve been going to the Middlesex Diner whenever in the Harrisburg area often traveling out of my way to dine there. I usually ate a triple decker club plate or hot turkey sandwich platter. I always enjoyed the food, quality and portions. Over the last 2 or 3 years I began to notice the triple decker club portion getting smaller. Less meat and the restaurant began giving a small bag of chips, thrown in the middle of the food, as a substitute for the hearty portion of chips that use to come with the meal. When asked by the cashier i would give my honest opinion of the smaller portion and my dissatisfaction w/the bag of chips. The cashier was never apologetic. She never said she was sorry that i felt the way i did or make a suggestion for an alternative meal on a future visit. She became defensive and basically blamed me for being unhappy with the meal. She never took into consideration that i might actually notice the change in the plate having eaten it for many years. On my most recent visit i again mentioned the smaller portion when this cashier asked how the meal was. This time she again became defensive, defended the plate and blamed me. When i mentioned the bag of chips and the tiny portion contained within she made the excuse of it being more sanitary. I don’t know how the outside of a bag of chips that is exposed to environmental dust, dirt and possibly bugs then thrown on your plate and touching your food is more sanitary than chips being poured onto your plate from the INSIDE of the bag. This cashier was not only rude and insulting but became threatening as well. I don’t know why she asks how the food is. She made it evident that if you don’t say what she wants to hear she could care less. She identified herself as a relative of the owner and she is clearly more concerned with her own ego than customer satisfaction. I never tipped the servers any less because of the smaller portions. They only serve the food. The reason i kept ordering it and mentioning my dissatisfaction was in hope that one day i’d see the plate served in it’s prior glory. It was truly a great sandwich plate. Whereas the present reincarnation doesn’t taste bad, chips excluded, it is no longer a special dish. When I think of the many years i added miles onto my trip to dine there and the many recommendations i made to fellow business travelers it amazes me how easily this egotistical cashier brushed off both my dining experience and me as a customer. I guess i cared more about the sustained reputation, food presentation and quality of this restaurant than this relative operating the cash register. Yes there ARE many diners still offering hearty portions of quality food throughout Pennsylvania. Unfortunately the Middlesex Diner no longer lives up to it’s past that made it so special where an extra hour of traveling time was worth it.

Triple Decker Club

Dish still tastes good but portion has gotten noticeably smaller. Would rather pay a bit more for the quality plate they used to serve.

lawman13 photo

lawman13

Carlisle, AR

AWSOME

the service is wonderfull and the food and prices are awsome.

American BYOB Lunch

Middlesex Diner  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Middlesex Diner Menu, Middlesex Diner West Middlesex Pa, Middlesex Diner, Middlesex Diner Take Out Menu, Middlesex Diner Carlisle Menu, Middlesex Diner Carlisle Pa Menu, West Middlesex Diner Menu, Middlesex Diner Carlisle, and Middlesex Diner Carlisle Pa.