3971 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Mikado Sushi Restaurant

Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Noodles

Mikado Sushi Restaurant is a Sushi, Japanese, and Noodles restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/06/2013

A Sushi chowhound from Holt, MI tried it and liked it.

iridika photo

iridika

East Lansing, MI

One satisfying dinner!

Just couple days ago, I went to Mikado once again. Every time I come to Grand Rapids for business, Mikado is the place I don’t miss. The great thing is that the chefs remember who I am – very friendly. Great service as usual… Their menu has been changed a little, but it seems better. Fresh tunas, and eels are my favorite as well as their sushi combinations such as “All American Lover” and “Japan Town”. These are fabulous! It’s a bit expensive, but it’s sushi! What do you expect… Overall, I strongly recommend this place

Japantown

10 different flavors of sushi and hand role was very delicate. It was really unique and creative to have customers try 10 different types of sushi at such a low expense. It was really good.

SearchOfService photo

SearchOfService

Grand Rapids, MI

Pretty good for Grand Rapids

Stopped by briefly for a couple of appetizers today; I have pretty much given up on getting sushi or sashimi in West Michigan but was presently surprised here.

Upon entering I was immediately greeted and seated, (although I was the only one in the restaurant (about 3:30pm) ) the hostess/waitress/buss person was quite friendly and efficient. Bringing me some pickled onion (which was quite good), hot tea, and a towel , (although she handed me the towel just hanging, unfolded from her hand? I first wondered if she was going to wipe the table with it, this is the first time I’ve been handed a towel like this???) The towel may have been scented, but it just seemed like a chemical or cleaner smell to me.

I ordered a seaweed salad and a sashimi appetizer, plus a glass of sake. The wine was served quite quickly, and I had a bit of time to look over the place; it’s in a strip mall and is open, simply decorated and quite bright inside, there are a couple of TVs in the main dining room, they were on with the volume way down, I don’t understand why about some sushi restaurants have TVs. Many of the “rice” paper screens and booth dividers were soiled and torn, some of the booths had cut vinyl, the vinyl tile floor had some stains and most of the ceiling tiles had either frayed edges, discolored, stained or damaged—They need to all be replaced. Windows could have been cleaner, it appears the window soil is on the inside, I would have not gone in had I noticed the windows first.

Seaweed salad was great! And the Sashimi was as good as I’ve had in Grand Rapids, which is not saying a lot. One still has to go to Chicago or better California for great sushi. Price for the two appetizers and wine was about $25.00 before tip. And service was quite good, except for the strange towel delivery.

I’ll be going back if they get the windows cleaned better.

Sushi Japanese Noodles

Mikado Sushi Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mikado Sushi Restaurant is located near the cities of East Grand Ra and East Grand Rapids.
People found this by searching for: Mikado Sushi Restaurant Grand Rapids, Mi, Mikado Sushi Menu Grand Rapids, Mikado Sushi Grand Rapids Mi, Mikado Grand Rapids, Restaurants That Deliver To 49512, Mikado Sushi Grand Rapids Menu, Mikado Sushi Restaurant Grand Rapids, and Mikado Sushi Grand Rapids.