2235 N Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54703

Mike's Smokehouse

Cuisine: BBQ, Wings, Ribs

Mike's Smokehouse is a BBQ, Wings, and Ribs restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 12/31/2013

A dining patron from Eau Claire, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/06/2013

A diner from Schaumburg, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/23/2013

A BBQ food lover from River Grove, IL tried it.

Imlilsis photo

Imlilsis

Awesome

I love this place. But you better come hungry or expect to leave with a doggy bag. The portions are huge and the food is wonderful.

Fast service & fast food delivery

Rib Sandwich Plate

It was awesome besides the big chunk of meat & bbq sauce on the bun. I had my choice of side dishes. FF & veggie salad. Fresh & delicious

Ribman1 photo

Ribman1

Keeps getting worse

Ever since Mike sold every new owner goes down hill. Used to get a free small soda while waiting for you carryout. Gone. Mike’s spuds taste different and used to have ham in it. Pickles.Used to get a nice large slice,now a very small slice about a third the size. Prices have gone up so why not keep a good thing and quite skimping on sizes and taste

Rib Sandwich Plate

Add the ham back in the spuds and don’t change the recipe. Seems like the sandwiches are smaller. where do you find the miniature pickles.

buff photo

buff

Horrendous customer service

I would give this place a negative on the rating, but it wasn’t available.

I ordered 2# of baby-back ribs last week for pick-up. The clerk on the phone didn’t tell me that they don’t have baby-backs. However, they do have a rack of ribs, which is more similar to baby-back than their other country-style ribs. I picked up my order, went home & opened the container to find country-style ribs! I don’t like their country-style ribs because they are dry and are not at all like a rack of ribs. I immediately called Mike’s but the line was busy for about 20 minutes. We ate a little of the ribs, but they were too dry to continue. I finally got through to Mike’s and a female said they’d exchange the order. I told her it was not what I ordered & that they were too dry to eat anyway. I said I was not venturing out across town to pick them up. She made no mention of delivering them.

The next day, Thursday, I called Mike’s & talked to another female who might have been an assistant manager. She apologized & said they had new staff on the night I called in my order & that the person who said they’d exchange the meal should have told me that they would have delivered it. That would have made a huge difference in trying to satisfy me. She told me they’d get back to me the next day. Friday I never received a call.

Monday I called Mike’s again and spoke with Barry, the manager. He told me the most they could do is give me a $10 gift card, which is only 1/3 of what my total bill was. I asked why and he said because they offered to correct it last week by bringing the items I originally ordered but I refused it. I reminded him that no one there offered to bring it to me. He said they should have and he wasn’t changing his position. I told him I have 1/2 of the country-style ribs still in my fridge if they want them. He also said if I wanted the $10 gift card, I would have to pick it up, as they would not mail it! I told him to leave the card there, that their service sucked and ended the call.

I calmed down & called Monday again to let them know I believed they overcharged me with tax too. This time I talked to Jeff and he very arrogantly told me the additional $1.50 was the charge for the tin in which the ribs came. In his condescending & patronizing manner, he said he was reneging the $10 gift card and said they don’t get on their “hands & knees to try to satisfy” a customer. Then he told me that since I had previously told them that their service sucked, he said, “You suck!” and was about to hang up the phone on me. Their customer service is appalling!

TRUDKING photo

TRUDKING

Chippewa Falls, WI

SO SAD

It was so sad, after been gone for 10 year i was so excited to take my husband to a mikes that is well known for great food, and the best wait staff in Eau claire it has been known for that since i worked there many many years ago( on ferry st,) my hubby ordered fish and fries and i think it was left over from night before and they put it back in deep fryer when it was slammed in front of him it was dry and burned! when i brought to the crabby waitress she was very very mad that we even said anything and snatch it out from under neath him. came back 5 min later and told him that it will be awhile so what does he want to do now? i told him to order something else cause we would like to eat together. he order rack of ribs. so then crabby bag came back to table and said that is two bucks more so ……… and left it at that very rude I did not say anything knowing that she did not just speak to us like that it was awful!! she said so you HAVE TO pay two more dollars . we did he got his ribs and it was 3 ribs that is all three bones .. it was awful out to lunch day so much more went on there just was not good. If mike still owned that store i know for a fact this would have never ever went on like it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fish

awful !! beans cold bad day at mikes

1hammer2 photo

1hammer2

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I was practically kicked out Mike’s Smokehouse because I insisted on bringing my own sauce in place of their horrible sauce (I love their meat but not their sauce). As I was placing my order, my husband and I were told that “carry-ins” were not allowed. After much fuss, they finally agreed to let us have the food to go. The owner even came over and emphasized the policy. After I fumed about it for a few minutes I decided I didn’t want their food if they were going to treat me that way. We left (without a refund). A waitress came out to the parking lot with the food and apologized, but the damage was done and I refused to take it. I will be a loyal Famous Dave’s customer from now on!

BBQ Wings Ribs

Mike's Smokehouse  Restaurant Reviews

Mike's Smokehouse is located near the cities of Altoona.
People found this by searching for: Mikes Smokehouse Eau Claire, Mike's Smokehouse Eau Claire Wi, Mike's Smokehouse, Mike's Smokehouse Eau Claire, Mike's Smokehouse Eau Claire Menu, Mike Mcgrouary Eau Claire Wi Mikes Smoke House, and Mike's Smokehouse Menu.