633 N 5th St
Milwaukee, WI 53203

Milwaukee Chophouse

Neighborhoods: Kilbourn Town
Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouses, Diner

Milwaukee Chophouse is a Steak, Steakhouses, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

TinaMilwaukee photo

TinaMilwaukee

Brown Deer, WI
iPhone dining journal

The evening started well with the server...

The evening started well with the server promptly greeting and seating our party of six. Our drink orders were placed and at our table within 5 minutes.
We chose to fine in the bar area. The bar area has an upscale 70’s lounge feel to it. One could almost see oneself lounging with a book and a glass of single malt scotch if one drank single malt scotch :)
We were there for a social event. So we ordered several appetizers to share. Our server was attentive and efficient. All of dishes were delivered promptly and at the proper temperature .
What impressed me most was that in a tight space our server served and cleared in the proper order without being obtrusive.
Bottom line… Would I dine there again yes . Also I noticed several lone diners who were happy with the timely efficient service they received . As a frequent business traveler I really enjoy it when my meal is served with minimal chit chat.

Shrimp cocktail

8 jumbo shrimp served with cocktail sauce.

Lobster Mac and Cheese

This dish was presented with large chunks of lobster nicely interspersed with a lightly brown cheese topping

Tuna Ahi

Perfectly lightly seared tuna served on a light bed of accompanying vegetables.

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

My first chophouse where steaks were not king

Whenever I see a list of Milwaukee’s top steakhouses, I consistently see Milwaukee Chophouse. Located on the first floor of the Hilton, I was hesitant to try it because I always thought, “Now really, how good can a hotel restaurant be?” Well, that has been answered and all I can say is that I regret having deprived myself of some truly great food all this time. However, I was surprised that I found both the lamb chops and the short ribs to be much better than the strip steak.

And just to let you know… if the challenge of finding parking is detering you from checking this place out, grab your keys right now and go! Parking in the Hilton’s garage and valet parking are extremely convenient options and are both free for Chophouse guests… just be sure to get your ticket stamped at the host stand on your way out!

New York Strip Steak at Milwaukee Chophouse

New York Strip Steak

Pretty tame flavor for a strip… I possibly should have opted for the bone-in but I don’t think that would have helped with the dryness. But regardless, this was cooked to the perfect temperature and I love it when the fat comes out crispy!

Lamb Chops

Very good, excellent flavor… I wished I had ordered this rather than the strip.

Beef Short Ribs at Milwaukee Chophouse

Beef Short Ribs

One of those close-your-eyes-and-Mmm! moments. Yep, I’ll be going back for this.

Lobster Mac 'n Cheese

Rich and creamy. My only complaint would be that the lumps of lobster were rather large, making it difficult to share… some people wound up with a nice chunk of lobster meat but some wound up with none.

Grilled Asparagus at Milwaukee Chophouse

Grilled Asparagus

I love it grilled and the lemon butter was good with this. I find that hollandaise in restaurants is never lemony enough for me, so this was perfect.

Sauteed Mushrooms

Wow. What a brilliant idea… sauteed in rosemary butter! Yep… going back for this too.

Crab Cakes

My favorite part about this appetizer was the texture… actually crunchy on the outside.

Beef Carpaccio at Milwaukee Chophouse

Beef Carpaccio

I have only had this dish once before, and this blew my previous experience out of the water! This is what I am going back for… I started craving it the second I walked out the door. Warning: those little green things served as a garnish are not olives! Our server advised us they were caper berries, so be prepared for a rather potent brine.

mketablewatcher photo

mketablewatcher

Milwaukee, WI

A great place for steaks

We recently went to the ChopHouse for dinner. The meal was amazing! From the moment we made our reservation (with Melva who was very nice and professional) we knew we were in for a treat. Our server (can’t remember her name) was excellent at describing each of the entrees on the menu. The daily specials looked good too. The toppings for the bread were amazing and the seafood selection looked really good. The rib eye I ordered was cooked perfectly! The manager, Nicole made us feel like we were regulars.

Jackson Grill

Steak in Kilbourn Town

Starbucks Coffee

Bombay Bicycle Club

6/02/2020

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Bamboo House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/31/2020

A Burgers food lover from Racine, WI tried Mazos Hamburgers in Southgate, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Delicious food, friendly service!
Comments
All burgers are cooked to Medium Well UNLESS you request it be cooked differently!
5/28/2020

A Chinese food lover from Sparta, OH tried Happy Wok.

5/23/2020

A diner from Lake Geneva, WI tried Lee Kongs Chinese Fast Food and liked it.

5/22/2020

A diner from Cudahy, WI tried The Forum.

5/19/2020

An Italian food lover from Hales Corners, WI tried Olive Garden Italian Restaurant.

5/19/2020

An American food lover tried Buffalo Wild Wings.

5/17/2020

A Chinese food lover from Franklin, WI tried New China Buffet, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Always was a treat to eat there.
5/17/2020

A diner from Brookfield, WI tried Pitch's Club 113.

5/16/2020

A Hungarian chowhound from Fort Atkinson, WI tried Three Brothers Restaurant in Bay View and liked it.

Downtown Steak Steakhouses

Milwaukee Chophouse  Restaurant Reviews

Milwaukee Chophouse is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Carpaccio Milwaukee Chophouse, Milwaukee Chop House, Steak Restaurant In Milwaukee Wisconsin, Top Milwaukee Steak Restaurants, Beef Ribs Menu Milwaukee, Milwaukee Chophouse Porterhouse, Milwaukee Chop House Menu, Best Steaks In Milwaukee, and Milwaukee Chophouse Porter House.