1321 Quadra St
Victoria, BC V8V

MIng's Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Harris Green
Cuisine: Chinese

MIng's Restaurant is a Chinese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

robvious photo

robvious

Changed my mind --bleah!

We ordered delivery the other night:
Sweet and Sour BBQ Pork
Beef Chow Mien
Chicken Fried Rice
Lemon Chicken

Where to start?
The S&S Pork was the worst. The meat was discoloured and iridescent. Not a good sign. My wife refused to even try. I did and found it absolutely foul.

The Beef Chow Mien was slimy with those deep fried/dried egg noodles —no regular chow mien noodles. The meat was gray and unappetizing. Practically no veg beyond hunks of onion.

The Chicken Fried Rice had a strange tang to it. The very yellow colour was off-putting. Nasty.

The Lemon chicken wasn’t awful it just wasn’t good. It was eatable however. With some rice from the rice cooker we had the semblance of a meal.

To add insult to injury the delivery was well past the 45min wait they assured us. Plus no freaking fortune cookies again.

Sweet and Sour BBQ Pork

Beef Chow Mien

Chicken Fried Rice

Lemon chicken

helenal1 photo

helenal1

Hair in My Food

We thought we would give Ming’s a try last evening. I walked in and placed a takeout order from the dinner menu. Once back home myself and companion dove into the egg rolls. While light and crispy they were flavorless except for the loads of plum sauce we put on them. I bought 4 and reaching down for the last one I found a black hair on top of it. What a turn off. Threw that one away.
Next we plunged into the vegetarian fried rice, kung poa shrimp, back bean chicken and Buddhist vegetables. The only edible dish that had flavor and was not overcooked was the shrimp
Everything else was over salty, overcooked especially all the vegetables and the chicken was dry and hard.
We ended up throwing all but the shrimp in the garbage.
I hate wasting food and have eaten less than stellar meals before so it has to be really bad for me to actually trash it.
I plan to never eat there again.

JL1188 photo

JL1188

Victoria, BC

Hands down the Worst Chinese Food ever!!!

The steamed rice was the only edible dish. The won ton soup was tasteless, the won tons were dried and possibly freezer burned. The chicken curry dish was not any better. The chicken was dry and the sauce lacked taste. The beef and brocolli tasted like the beef had gone bad and the egg rolls were unidentifiable.

The reviews posted were not good but they were from 2008 so we gave the restaurant a try. $46 for two people and the only thing full is the garbage disposal.

Astromortal photo

Astromortal

Processed canned chicken meat

All I can say is who uses processed canned chicken meat in their chow mein and charges $15.00 for it?

Mings special chow mein

Mushrooms out of a can I can tolerate but spam like processed chicken in a chow mein? I feel cheated.

Honey garlic ribs

The honey garlic ribs were overpowered with the chinese spices, we just wanted the honey garlic mabey a hint of fresh ginger would have been nice, but the chinese spices took over and ruined our honey garlic romance.

consumer14 photo

consumer14

Buyer Beware

The food is a tad overpriced we thought – $12.00 for a medium sized plate of chow mein or fried rice. But that was nothing compared to our beverage bill. Fifteen dollars for pop—between two people. The fault was mine I suppose. Perhaps there was fine print on the menu stating I would be charged for every refill. Between the two of us we had five medium-sized glasses of soda at three bucks a pop, pardon the pun. The waiter kept asking if we wanted refills and I naively assumed they were part of the original cost. My mistake. I have been to a multitude of restaurants over the years and I can’t remember being charged for a refill without a warning from the staff. Oh well, live and learn. It just leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth. And if our waiter is wondering where his tip disappeared to, it went to pay for the pops you so kindly offered up.

dmco25 photo

dmco25

Quindalup, WA

Worst meal ever!

The food was tasteless, slimy, FATTY, not fresh, and dissatisfying. I was starving and craving Chinese food and left still hungry because the food was sooo bad that I could not force myself to eat. The funniest thing is that I overheard other table telling the server their food was so so and the waiter just apologizing!!!!! I complaint to the server for the food and he, after talking to the manager, gave me only a 10% discount…we should have been paid to try that horrible food! they offered us some coupons to come back but that would have been punishment instead of reward since we would never go there ever. My husband and I are joking now that Ming’s restaurant is just our worst restaurant ever and all restaurants from now on will be compared to it…go to McDonalds and say: “At least is better than Mings”!

Dinner Special

There were 4 different dishes in the special and none of them were acceptable, who can make a bad fried rice or Chow Mei? even I would do better at home. The rice had tasteless chicken and vegetables that were undercooked and the Chow Mei had lifeless oily sprouts, tasteless greasy noodles with uncooked greasy deli meat on top. My favorite Chinese dish is sweet and sour pork and it did not taste like pork inside and outside it was a mass of greasy something covered with toxic color red sauce and some small pineapples, disgusting. The prawns tempura tasted like sticking a bar of butter in your mouth, it tasted like if they were made last week and reheated in a microwave, it was so much taste of oil that you could not taste the prawns at all.

Chinese Downtown Delivery

MIng's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

MIng's Restaurant is located near the cities of Powell River District, Woss, Darcy, Oak Bay, and Esquimalt.
People found this by searching for: Chinese New Year 2015 Dinner Specials In Victoria, Bc, Ming's Restaurant Victoria Bc, Chinese New Years At Mings Restaraunt In Victoria Bc, Mings Victoria, Worst Restaurants In Victoria Bc, Mings Restaurant Victoria Bc, and Victoria Bc Honey Garlic Ribs.