111 Sparkleberry Xing
Columbia, SC 29229-8619

Mirage

Cuisine: Steak, Bar, Steakhouse

Mirage is a Steak, Bar, and Steakhouse restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Achilles photo

Achilles

Columbia, SC

THe best place to eat in columbia!!!

I first ate there and fell in love with there pizza(it’s the best i ever had).I have been back onece or twice a week.I never leave hungry and the menu has almost any think i want on it.The prices are great and service is wouderful. Now i don’t know what this sc7301 is talking about i had allmost all the food on the menu and its great.I know alot of regulars that would agree with me on what i have wrote here.So please disregard his review and try mirage you wont regreat it.

Pizza

it’s the best pizza i have ever had!

Starcritic photo

Starcritic

Columbia, SC

Mirage Gets Two Thumbs Up!

I’m somewhat confused about the other reviews, making me suspect of the competition or disgruntled former employee slinging mud (Travinia’s is mentioned too often as a comparison!) I have had the pleasure of having the Mirage experience several times and I have always been delighted. I find it a unique restaurant with an old-world charm blended with modern and comfortable upfittings,offering an extensive menu that I have enjoyed sampling thouroughly. The open kitchen allows guests to watch their food being prepared; which I like, being suspicious of what happens in back private kitchens. The food quality is superb in my opinion; I’ve never had better seared Ahi Tuna anywhere, than the way Mirage prepares it. I also think that they have the best wood-fired pizza in town. The filet was like butter and cooked to the correct temperature. They are not fine dining and the prices are very reasonable for the quality fare that they serve. I appreciate the effort made assembling a well thoughtout wine list and especially love the feel of the cozy wine bar and lounge area with leather sofas and top quality flat-screen TV’s. The service seems to be improving, with my last few times being served by an attentive wait-staff. I found Mirage fun, affordable, delicious, and a nice change from the chain restaurant rut, with a friendly family personal touch. I would not want anyone to miss out on the Mirage experience. A restaurant like this in Charlotte or Charleston would usually run with a 2 hour wait to get in. Columbia is lucky to have Mirage.

Seared AHI-TUNA

Incredible plate presentation equally matched by the taste and quality of the Tuna. Their Zen sauce compliments the Tuna perfectly. I had it with a side of wasabi sauce and can’t wait to have it again. Beware it’s addicting!

spaul629 photo

spaul629

TERRIBLE

The first time in my life I refused to leave a tip. Our waitress openly lied to us, and I will not reward that. Sge told us that our salads were free with our meal, but when we asked the manager about it, the waitress claimed that she misunderstod, although we asked 3 seperate times. We then found a fly at the bottom of one of those salads. We were told the owner would come see us, but found he was not there and were never even approached by a manager. The chef was seen eating while she was cooking. The food was ok, but very overpriced. We will not return.

SC7301 photo

SC7301

Total waste of money.

What a ghost town…. it was a Friday evening and we were the only ones there. Now I know why… our steaks were completely overcooked and dried out. The fried green tomatoes were inedible and my side order of “steak fries” consisted of seven or eight standard Wendy’s french fries. Their “in house” desserts are nothing more than low grade supermarket pies. At first glance the menu prices seem reasonable, but then the food comes and you realize your money would have been better spent elsewhere. Also, the staff, including management, is a bunch of kids. Except for the hostess, who is an extremely gaudy and highstrung annoyance. She parked in front of our table and chattered for fifteen minutes! So don’t expect a quiet, relaxing meal. WIll not go here again. By the way, I used the men’s rest room and was shocked at how poorly maintained it was. Water and urine all over the floor… it was disgusting.
Also I wonder how they can possibly still be in business without any patrons… how can their food be fresh? Are they buying fresh ingredients/meats/fish and just throwing them away after a typical couple nights of no sales? Or are they saving/freezing all their food UNTIL they sell it? Again—- find somewhere else.

cweinzapfel photo

cweinzapfel

Tracy, CA

Great food, good service

I like this restaurant a lot. I do agree with some of the other reviews about drinks not getting refilled (this is the only reason I am not giving them 5 stars). I go there every few months and it is hard to get a drink refill. But the food is great and the service otherwise is very good.

Steak

lsc photo

lsc

Nice Evening

We went as a group of 14…The staff was very accommodating and the food was very good. We are going again soon since everyone in our group enjoyed it! I only wrote because I thought the negative reviews here were very unfair and I think anyone considering a visit should see for themselves.

missj photo

missj

Columbia, SC

Bar is great food is not

I went here when they first re-opened for dinner. I ordered a Filet mignon, well done. After about 25mins the less then attentive waitress returned to us (outside) and informed me they were out of the meat I had ordered. I asked if any other steak options were VERY lean and she suggested the Rib eye.
Our drinks remained empty in the mean time and I had to go inside and get them refilled by the bartender. If they were busy I could understand, however we were just about the only customers present!
The meal came after about 60 unpleasant minuets of fetching our own refills. My steak was RARE and nothing but FAT. The waitress came out 20 add ional minuets later and I informed her of my dissatisfaction. She said “well I guess we won’t charge you for it.” hahahahahaha I wouldn’t feed it to my dog!
Later an assistant manager came out and told me he was expecting a steak delivery soon and if I waited he would gladly make me the Filet I had originally requested. At this point the only thing that sounded good to me was LEAVING and NEVER returning.
I did return with my boyfriend who had heard they had a great bar area. It is very convenient to where we live for a drink out. This was in fact a MUCH better experience. The bartender was wonderful and remembered our favorite drinks and specifications on our next visit. Who I believe to be the female owner is always happy to see us and very friendly. Great atmosphere for a few drinks out.
My advice is go for a drink but don’t waste your time on dinner, the quality is just not there. I do hope they improve and get it right. It’s hard to stay open these days.

Steak

AnneBoleyn

Ahril8ea4r3rqvaby-ekyc
cappiello

Mirage   Restaurant Reviews

Mirage is located near the cities of Market Center, West Columbia, Forest Acres, and Cayce.
People found this by searching for: Mirage Resturant Columbia Sc, Who Serves Tuna In Columbia Sc, Mirage Sparkleberry Plaza Cilumbia Sc, Mirage Restaurant Columbia Sc Restaurants, Mirage Restauraunt In Columbia Sc, Mirage Sc, Mirage Restaurant Columbia Sc, Mirage Columbia, and Mirage Columbia Sc.