18340 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045

Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

KDUBFoodie photo

KDUBFoodie

Menomonee Falls, WI

I was looking forward to this one...

I had heard good things about Mission Bbq. However I wasn’t too impressed. Place looks like a Dickies Bbq place. Same order at a counter and wait until your name is called format. There wasn’t a line behind me as I reviewed the menu above the counter. I decided on the brisket sandwich listed above the chopped brisket sandwich. Bbq beans and french fries. As I mentioned, there wasn’t a line behind me but another couple did order about the same time I did. I thought the wait time was a little long as I had time to get my sweet tea (not bad, not hard to screw unless it sits too long), scope out a place to sit and wait. Finally name is called. I pick up my food and return to my table. I take off the top bun in anticipation of trying the 6 Bbq sauces in a 6 pack on the table. I look down at chopped brisket. I take it to the counter and ask what is the difference is between the 2 brisket sandwiches on the menu. They did offer to fix it and for me to keep the first sandwich if I wanted it. The person cutting the brisket was already cutting the brisket for my replacement sandwich…in chunks again! She was stopped by someone who I thought knew better as far as how to slice brisket. I was told they would being it to me. Off to my table I go. Meanwhile more and more people are arriving. Ordering and waiting. My replacement sandwich arrives with an apology. I take off the top bun and ro my surprise I look down upon chopped brisket again. I wanted a nice sliced brisket sandwich. I really wanted to find a manager at this point but if there was one they do not stand out amongst the rest of the staff. At this point there were several customers waiting for their good as just as many waiting to order. As I watched, the staff was hovering over food waiting to be distributed but seemed confused as to which food belonged to which customers. What I did eat was good. The beans were tasty but I have had better at Double Bs in West Allis. (Also the Double Bs sliced brisket sandwich and sauces are way better!) Probably will not return. If I want to order in a line and retrieve my food when called I will go to Dickies Bbq. Or if i truly want good bbq and a better dining experience (see my Double Bs review) I will go to Double Bs!!!

"Sliced?" Brisket sandwich

Mission BBQ  Restaurant Reviews

Mission BBQ is located near the cities of Elm Grove.