1198 Rue Ste-Catherine W
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3B 1K1

Mister Steer Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Peter-McGill
Cuisine: Burgers, American Traditional, Diner

Mister Steer Restaurant is a Burgers, American Traditional, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users paid less than $10.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

dull dining

This restaurant has been around for more than 50 years. The interior is styled like an old-fashioned diner, with shiny stools and metallic-trimmed booths. Each booth, including the tiny one for two that I was seated at, sported a large shelf filled with condiments.

On my recent visit, I went here for a quick lunch, close to the office. Although the restaurant is well known for its burgers and steak, recent beef recalls meant that I was looking for something other than beef to eat. After I placed my order, first I received a small plastic bowl of salad. It was colorful but had no dressing and no flavor. From the condiment shelf, I selected the orangey “Hellmann’s” bottle, and whatever came out of the bottle moistened the rabbit food but ultimately wasn’t satisfying.

The same blandness extended to the chicken dinner. Another selection from the shelf, a seasoned salt the color of paprika, improved the fries immensely. I spanked the bottom of that salt shaker quite thoroughly!

The only thing I can comment on positively was the service. The waitress was very pleasant and extremely fast: I was in and out in less than half an hour, without feeling rushed. Otherwise I was disappointed in this “institution” and do not expect to return in the near future.

1/4 barbecue chicken

The plate was dominated by the signature “Susie Q” fries: skinny strips of potato with a slight curl, but no flavor at all. The chicken itself was a small, sad-looking leg, with not a lot of meat. The cup of sauce added flavor to both fries and chicken, but was woefully inadequate for the meal. Accompanying this plate was a toasted hamburger bun (both halves!) and the naked salad as mentioned earlier.

Burgers Downtown American Traditional

Mister Steer Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mister Steer Restaurant is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Plastic Steer For Rest, Mister Steer Menu, Mr Steer Montreal Menu, and Kashmiri Food Steered.