Modern Pastry Shop

Neighborhoods: North End
Cuisine: Bakeries, Late Night, Contemporary

Modern Pastry Shop is a Bakeries, Late Night, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

PandaLHU photo

PandaLHU

Baltimore, MD

Perfectly Perfect

If you are willing to wait in line for some GREAT pastry then go for it here! I got in line and met some nice locals who gave me some great suggestions of places to go and stop on my trip.

The menu has a vast amount of choices from cookies, pies, cake, pastries and Italian specialties. Just looking around and in all the cases I had no idea what to get- besides what I went in for a cannoli.

So my time finally came up and I was ready to “eat”. I got 2 cannolis dipped in chocolate- 1 was filled with the ricotta cheese crème filling and the other I got the vanilla Crème filling. I also eyes up this great looking cupcake and picked that also.

The cannolis were some of the best I have had. Both crèmes were smooth and had mouth melting flavor. My Husband and I both said next time to try them without being dipped in chocolate. The cupcake was out of this world. The cake part had orange zest in it and the icing was smooth and not overly sweet. I want another dozen of both things.

Canoli with Ricotta Creme at Modern Pastry Shop

Canoli with Ricotta Creme

Cupcake

dlay01 photo

dlay01

Chicago, IL

Cannolis!

Locals prefer this small cafe in the middle of Boston’s North End (“Little Italy”). I wish I had time to try all of their desserts but their cannolis were awesome!

Canoli with Chocolate Creme

Canoli with Ricotta Creme at Modern Pastry Shop

Canoli with Ricotta Creme

Seems like a battle's been brewing in Boston about who ma...

Seems like a battle’s been brewing in Boston about who makes the best cannoli – between the much more established Mike’s and this little gem, Modern. Despite the patchy service (almost non-existent) at Modern, the cannolis here are crisp, but not flaky, nor tasting like oil (as did Mike’s) and scrumptiously fresh, with excellent snowy-white cream that’s only piped into the pastry when you order, unlike the very artificial looking/tasting semi-translucent stuff in the ones at Mike’s. And with ends dipped in choc? I think we have a clear winner.

January 11, 2017

Thank you so much for having this shop to sell some quality items. I love your cakes, and for me, they are some of the bests in the market.
October 31, 2016

They sell some of the finest cakes available. If you are celebrating some special occasion, you better try their bestselling cakes.
June 20, 2016

They do bake the best cakes in town. If you are looking to spice up your special occasion, order one from them!

Bakeries Late Night Wheelchair accessible

Asian in South End

Modern Pastry Shop

Bakeries in Central

Modern Pastry Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Modern Pastry Shop is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: Modern Pastry Shop Cannoli, Modern Pastry Artificial North End, Pastry Shop Dishes, Italian Pastry Shop In Little Italy, Boston, Modern Pastry, Modern Pastry Boston, and Modern Pastry Boston Hours.