Modern Pastry Shop

Neighborhoods: North End
Cuisine: Bakeries, Late Night, Contemporary

Modern Pastry Shop is a Bakeries, Late Night, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

PandaLHU photo

PandaLHU

Baltimore, MD

Perfectly Perfect

If you are willing to wait in line for some GREAT pastry then go for it here! I got in line and met some nice locals who gave me some great suggestions of places to go and stop on my trip.

The menu has a vast amount of choices from cookies, pies, cake, pastries and Italian specialties. Just looking around and in all the cases I had no idea what to get- besides what I went in for a cannoli.

So my time finally came up and I was ready to “eat”. I got 2 cannolis dipped in chocolate- 1 was filled with the ricotta cheese crème filling and the other I got the vanilla Crème filling. I also eyes up this great looking cupcake and picked that also.

The cannolis were some of the best I have had. Both crèmes were smooth and had mouth melting flavor. My Husband and I both said next time to try them without being dipped in chocolate. The cupcake was out of this world. The cake part had orange zest in it and the icing was smooth and not overly sweet. I want another dozen of both things.

Canoli with Ricotta Creme at Modern Pastry Shop

Canoli with Ricotta Creme

Cupcake

dlay01 photo

dlay01

Chicago, IL

Cannolis!

Locals prefer this small cafe in the middle of Boston’s North End (“Little Italy”). I wish I had time to try all of their desserts but their cannolis were awesome!

Canoli with Chocolate Creme

Canoli with Ricotta Creme at Modern Pastry Shop

Canoli with Ricotta Creme

Seems like a battle's been brewing in Boston about who ma...

Seems like a battle’s been brewing in Boston about who makes the best cannoli – between the much more established Mike’s and this little gem, Modern. Despite the patchy service (almost non-existent) at Modern, the cannolis here are crisp, but not flaky, nor tasting like oil (as did Mike’s) and scrumptiously fresh, with excellent snowy-white cream that’s only piped into the pastry when you order, unlike the very artificial looking/tasting semi-translucent stuff in the ones at Mike’s. And with ends dipped in choc? I think we have a clear winner.

Uptown Espresso

Wine Bar in Central

Modern Pastry

Bakery & Pastries in Central

12/11/2017

A Pizza chowhound from Ansonia, CT tried Tremont House of Pizza in Mission Hill.

12/08/2017

A Portuguese chowhound from Boston, MA tried KRIOLA Bar & Restaurant in Uphams Corner - Jones Hill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
I encourage everyone to visit KRIOLA Restaurant and Try the Cabo-Verdean/Portuguese Cuisine!
12/06/2017

A Cafe food lover from Richmond, VA tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/02/2017

An Italian chowhound from Waltham, MA tried Bello Mondo in Back Bay.

11/30/2017

A diner from Waltham, MA tried Prestige Cuisine and liked it. They liked the food.

11/28/2017

A diner from Boston, H7 tried Bombay Brasserie Boston, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
I love it.
11/27/2017

A chowhound from Littleton, CO tried New England Chowda House in Grant Ranch, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/25/2017

A chowhound from US tried Mal's New York Style Deli in Fenway/Kenmore.

11/24/2017

A diner from Plymouth, MA tried Joe & Nemo in Downtown.

11/22/2017

A food lover from Boston, MA tried FunTea Cafe.

Bakeries Late Night Wheelchair accessible
AlphonseT

Philadelphia, PA

Modern Pastry Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Modern Pastry Shop is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: Italian Pastry Shop In Little Italy, Boston, Modern Pastry, Take Out Shop, Pastry Box Orange, Pastry Shop Dishes, Modern Pastry Shop Cannoli, Modern Pastry Artificial North End, Modern Pastry Shop Boston, Oder Online, and Modern Pastry Boston.