Mon Jin Lau Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Noodles, Catering

Mon Jin Lau Restaurant is a Chinese, Noodles, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The duck, the duck, the duck! Outstanding is too poor word, but right now It's going to have to do."
"Fresh flavorful food"
"Great almond chicken!"
"Good service staff was very knowledgeable on all items on menu"
"Food, food and service"
"Did get assaulted by Arab VIP table and I was the bad guy, the staff carried me out. It seems that you can fught in thus bar if you spend 200 per bottle on vodka"
Cons
"Tables are to close to each other"
"Got assaulted at the bar, staff carried me out even tho I did not start a fight or did I provoke it. Arab table were their high paying customer so they let them do what they want."
Comments
"In the words of Bobby Flay, "...keep doing what you're doing.""
"Go hungry and try something new!"
"Will never go back there "
  • 11/22/2017

A Chinese food lover from Utica, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Comments
    In the words of Bobby Flay, "...keep doing what you're doing."
  • 9/22/2017

A diner from Troy, MI tried it.

• 4/22/2017

A Chinese food lover from Royal Oak, MI tried it and liked it.

• 3/25/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Vermontville, MI tried it.

• 1/04/2017

A Chinese food lover from Roseville, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fresh flavorful food
  • 7/26/2016

A dining patron from Sterling Heights, MI tried it.

• 12/25/2015

A dining patron from Clarkston, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 12/02/2015

A Chinese food lover from Detroit, MI tried it.

• 10/28/2015

A diner from Sterling Heights, MI tried it.

• 8/16/2015

A Chinese food lover from Rochester, MI tried it.

Foodie024 photo

Foodie024

Birmingham, MI

Who needs PF Changs?

Mon Jin Lau has been a dining hot spot for decades. Local and national celebrities pictures are seen on the walls as you enter this romantically lit place. MJL has been serving fusion style food before most even knew what that meant. While other restaurants may have caught onto the style, this place is still an original and should not be missed.

Kelly61 photo

Kelly61

Sterling Heights, MI

Amazing Nuasian Cuisine

The location is convenient at 15 mile and Stephenson Hwy in Troy, Michigan. The restaurant is large with the entrance boasting of artifacts from locals such as Madonna and other artists. The service is excellent and the food is even better.

I was in festive mood and decided to treat my mom and brother to the experience of eating here. One of the things that I like the most is that the food is not Americanized. No buns served, no msg, no thick breading on the food and no greasy food. Just quality seasoning, meat, food items mixed to perfection and served piping hot. I had the Marco Polo Lomein, my mom had the Sweet & Sour Chicken, my brother had the General Tsao Chicken and we all shared the pork fried rice. I was surprised that mom did not receive any rice with her Sweet & Sour Chicken. My brothers General Tsao Chicken had really tender pieces of chicken and the sauce was absolutely delicious.

Marco Polo LoMein

Real lobster and lots of it served along with plenty of chicken in this tastey thin noodle dish. There were pea-pods, carrots and water crest nuts in this dish. The portion was so large I had to get a box to take half of it home.

October 2, 2015

are all reviews over a year old ? if so , why?
June 12, 2010

Delicious food, romantic atmosphere, and friendly staff!

My boyfriend took me on a date to Mon Jin Lau for the first time and the romantic atmosphere and ambiance of it all took me by surprise. We were given an option to sit outside on the patio, so we took advantage of it! It was absolutely…
June 12, 2010

love it!

my girlfriend and i asked the hostess to seat us in the lounge, and even though it was a busy night, she was still able to accommodate us! ordered a few drinks, and i absolutely loved the chocolate cherry buddha martini! my friend ordered…

Chinese Noodles Takeout

Mon Jin Lau Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Chinese Restaurant Stevenson & Maple, Chinese Restaurant At Stephenson Highway And Maple Road, Mon Jin Lau, 15 Stevenson Sushi, Moon Jin Lau, Menu, Mon Jin Lau Menu, and Mon Jin Lau Restaurant.