Monk's Cafe

Neighborhoods: Rittenhouse Square
Cuisine: Burgers, French, European

• 7/15/2013

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

CuisineQueen photo

CuisineQueen

Collingswood, NJ

Pretty cool atmosphere

I really liked this place. They had a huge selection of some awesome belgian beers, nice wooden tables and a great tavern style feel all together. The mussels were delicious and I enjoyed the decor as well (Bruegel paintings-very fitting). We sat upstairs. I would have enjoyed a little more elbow room, it was really crowded. Our table was right next to the bar and the people sitting at the counter couldnt back out of their chairs without hitting us :( It didn’t ruin the experience or anything though. It was just kinda odd!

milkbar photo

milkbar

Studio City, CA

what a selection of beer!

i have never eaten here but i have come here to drink and buy beer, and i have to say that they have the greatest selection of beer around! this place is always packed!

dingbat005 photo

dingbat005

Philadelphia, PA

Ok food, AWESOME BEER!!!!

Ok food, AWESOME BEER!!!!

April 8, 2008

There's nothing like sitting in a pew, drinking a beer

Great mussels, great beers, great fries, great atmosphere. I think that really says it all! The bartenders are great, and the ambiance is dim without feeling dark, cozy without feeling crowded.
March 26, 2008

We love this place

We've been going here for years. It's gotten progressively busier, so I'm not surprised that people have had bad experiences getting seated. We try and go for lunch on weekends. That said, we like the food, my hubby esp the mussels. …

Burgers French European
Tips
  • They won't take reservations, but they do what they can to squeeze you in somewhere.
  • Monk's features 18 beers on tap.

Monk's Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Monk's Cafe is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, and William Penn Annex East.
People found this by searching for: Monk's Cafe Reservations, Monks Philadelphia, Monk's Philadelphia Menu, Monks Cafe Menu, Monks Cafe Yelp, Monks Cafe Reservations, What Is Recommended Tastiest Food To Order At Monk's Cafe Philadelphia, and Monk's Cafe Annex.