Monroe Hotel

Cuisine: Breakfast, Catering, Cafe

Monroe Hotel is a Breakfast, Catering, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"King cut prime rib is delectable,tender,done exactly to order specifications and delivered in a timely manner along with drink orders.Never had an unsatisfactory meal there yet,been going for years!!"
"Delicious food and generous helpings."
"Ranch dressing is awesome. "
"Food was hot!!! Mushroom soup is the best ever"
"Saturday night crab legs 2lbs 20$ delicious"
"Bacon fire blue... or french club. Awesome. "
"French club sandwich was phenomenal "
"Great and awsome"
"Best place to eat - great food and great service!"
"Great food great service great family "
"Excellent food!! I've never had anything I didn't love. "
"Nice people, good food"
"Good wings"
"The food is always amazing every time we come ! Some of the servers could be better but overall not bad at all ! "
"I love to go to the Monroe Hotel to have a nice sit down dinner with my family. It's a great atmosphere and the food is great!!"
"Fast service good food and cold beers. What else you want ?"
"Decent food for decent prices, the worst management and most ignorance I've experienced "
"Great food and prices best prime rib"
"Quick and kind service. I also love the choice of spirits!!!"
"All around wonderful"
"Salads, Italian dressing is awesome"
"Great food. Owners are great guys!"
Cons
"Bathroom could be in better condition.But this in no way affected my dining experience."
"Parking is not easy. A little smokey in the restaurant section comes over from the bar."
"Nothing"
"I don't feel there is really anything that needs improved as far as the dining experience.. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner.. But other than that I was satisfied!"
"Rude staff who smoke over drinks and food "
"Not the cleanest place in the world but..."
"Maybe add some music"
Comments
"I like the ambiance!"
"Cheese ravioli"
"Don't order sea food or go in the bar and you'll have a half decent meal "
"I like the fact that I can wear jeans n a t shirt n not feel outa place"
mairguitar02 photo

mairguitar02

Butler, PA

my experience @ the monroe

nice place to drink as long as the bartenders aren’t accusing you of causing trouble when in actuallity, you are sitting there minding your own business

NeverMore photo

NeverMore

Butler, PA

Repulsive

I have been dining here for several years, my all time favorite meal there was their French Club Sandwich. It’s a combo of Ham and Turkey and provolone or swiss cheese (don’t remember) with fries.

Recently, I picked up that sandwich for take-out. When I got home to eat, I found three pieces of hair that looked to be the “bad” kind, and after reviewing the photos I documented in case further action were to be taken, I am suspecting worse.

The owner was contacted and I can only hope that some sort of action/quality control has taken place since then. As my username suggests, that will be my last visit to the Monroe Hotel.

Yes, it is unlikely that this sort of incident will happen again, I hope. So therefore I state that before this, I always enjoyed the atmosphere and dinner experience there. Waiter/waitress service was good, as well as the food.

French Club Sandwich

4kAndNyfe photo

4kAndNyfe

Beaver, PA

Watch out for the garlic!

Had the opportunity to eat at Monroe’s recently; I hadn’t been there in a couple of years.
They’ve enlarged their parking area since my last visit; there’s no problem getting to the restaurant. Entry is at street level, Monroe’s is accessible for the physically disabled.
The place was remodelled since my last visit. Dining area is still separate from the bar. Ample seating for about 50. Adequate Indoor lighting, but could be a little brighter.
My server was courteous,prompt & efficient – no problem there.
Restaurant accepts cash or plastic.

grilled chicken breast

Main course ordered was their grilled chicken breast dinner. Served up 2 generous sized breast halves, hot, moist & tender, but either seasoned or marinated in a salty barbeque sauce. (Saltier than Worcestershire.)
Dinner came with choice of two side dishes. One I ordered was chilled applesauce — no problem there.
The other side dish was garlic-mashed potatoes. The genuine hot mashers came in a cereal-size bowl mixed with a generous portion of real garlic slices. The taste was overwhelming — very potent and crunchy, like the texture of water chestnuts.
(But at least the vampires left me alone.)

May 9, 2011

MY OVERALL RATING IS EXCELLENT

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE VISITED YOUR HOTEL ON MANY OCCASIONS.......WHETHER IT WAS THE TWO OF US OR WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE. WE FOUND THE WAIT-STAFF TO BE MOST FRIENDLY AND THE FOOD WAS ALWAYS VERY, VERY GOOD. IT IS A PLACE YOU WILL ALWAYS GO…
December 10, 2010

The pits

This place is down right horrible.The bartenders are like rottweiler's on sleeping pills! I had a taco salad which im pretty sure someone spit in! and my Coors light was piss warm! Cod father sandwich is like a slimmy battered slab of…

Downtown Butler Breakfast Good For Kids

Monroe Hotel  Restaurant Reviews

• 6/26/2016 A diner from Butler, PA tried it.

• 4/29/2016 A diner from Chicora, PA tried it and liked it.

• 3/28/2016 A diner from Butler, PA tried it.

• 2/23/2016 A diner from Butler, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 1 star. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/01/2016 A diner from Beaver Falls, PA tried it and liked it.

• 1/15/2016 A diner from Gibsonia, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
  • 12/31/2015 A diner from Butler, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/17/2015 A diner from Carlisle, PA tried it.

• 11/14/2015 A diner from IS tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/30/2015 A diner from Butler, PA tried it.

Monroe Hotel is located near the cities of Meadowood, Homeacre Lyndora, Lyndora, and East Butler.
People found this by searching for: Monroe Hotel Catering Butler Pa, Catering By Monroe Hotel Butler Pa, Monroe Hotel Butler Pa Menu, Monroe Hotel Menu Butler Pa, Monroe Hotel Butler Pa, Monroe Hotel Menu, Monroe Hotel Butler Menu, Monroe Hotel Butler Pa Catering Menu, and Monroe Hotel Butler.