Moonstruck

Neighborhoods: Fox Chase/ Burholme
Cuisine: Italian, Catering, European

Moonstruck is a Italian, Catering, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/04/2017

A diner from US tried it.

• 3/21/2015

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

RJO photo

RJO

Woodlyn, PA

Wouldn't go back

We went there on Valentine’s Day…yesterday! Every year it is my job to come up with a place we haven’t yet been. So far…I was 10 for 10.

The decor was rather inviting. However, I don’t think there is a place for a television to be on in what looked like an upscale, romantic setting. The bar was not so upscale. It looked like it belonged at the Reading Terminal…television and all.

We were seated promptly by a lovely gentleman who left us with our waitress. We, of course, were asked about cocktails. My partner ordered a glass of Sangeovese, which tuned out to have part of the grape vine in it, for which nothing was done. I asked if she had good bourbon. She replied “of course”. After I went down an exhaustive list, it turns out they didn’t know what good bourbon was. The bartender was sorely lacking.

The meal was a solid 3. My partner’s appetizer was nicely done, a composed beet salad,..mine was not so good. Prosciutto and such with olives that was warmed in a microwave. It should have been at room temperature…no more!

The entrees, while not cheap were ok. A braised beef dish that was very nicely done, and a stuffed salmon that was not so good. The worst part of the fish was the vegetables that were over-cooked and swimming in oil…The oil should have been a garnish.

I wanted to give the place three stars, but the waitress did her best to detract from the whole experience. I counted 11 times that we were interrupted with, “is everything ok…is the food alright?” Attentive is good, bothering is not. And she literally hovered like a prison guard. We both felt terribly rushed.

The meal came to 150 and left a 20% tip. Everyone has a bad night. But we won’t go back to find out.

So for Valentine’s Day, for picking a restaurant at least…I’m 10 for 11

For picking partners…I’m batting a thousand!

stuff salmon

over cooked, poorly stuffed, sitting on a bed of vegetables swimming in oil

August 10, 2011

Great food fabulous service

The food is always first class and if you really want a treat ask for Altin to serve you-he is great. The manager Keith is very friendly and assists with everything. I love this place
January 9, 2011

Great food,great ambiance and service

We adore this wonderful restaurant.\r Especially when we get served by Altin-he is so good!\r The food is always fresh and the service is impeccable!\r Great job guys we are going here forever.

Downey's Pub

Italian in City Center East

Greenman's Deli

Italian in Bustleton

5/28/2017

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried Lehigh Family Pizza in Allegheny West and liked it.

5/27/2017

A diner from Louisville, CO tried T.G.I. Friday's, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
The booth were we sat
Cons
EVERYTHING!!
Comments
Needs to be shut down
5/27/2017

A dining patron from Flourtown, PA tried Jansen in West Mount Airy.

5/26/2017

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried Bob & Stan Rib House in Logan/ Ogontz/ Fern Rock, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/26/2017

An American food lover from US tried Rib Rack in Oxford Circle/ Castor.

5/26/2017

A Sandwiches chowhound from Philadelphia, PA tried Crab & Claw Seafood Inc in Cedarbrook/Stenton.

5/25/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried George's Wings in Northeast Philadelphia.

5/25/2017

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried Sister Muhammad's Kitchen in Tioga/ Nicetown.

5/25/2017

A Deli food lover from Glenmoore, PA tried Kennedy's Food Garden Deli in Logan Square.

5/24/2017

An American chowhound from Lanham, MD tried Bella's Breakfast & Lunch in North Philadelphia West and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Italian Takeout BYOB
Morimoto

Japanese in City Center East

Amada

Spanish in City Center East

Buddakan

Asian in City Center East

Moonstruck  Restaurant Reviews

Moonstruck is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, William Penn Annex East, and Pennsport.
People found this by searching for: Menu For Moonstruck Restaurant Near Fox Chase, Moonstruck, Oxford Avenue, Gluten Free, Restaurants Near 19111, Gluten Free In Fox Chase Philadelphia, Banquet Halls In 19111, Moonstruck Fox Chase, and Moonstruck Burholme.