Morette's King Steak House

Neighborhoods: Downtown Schenectady
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Cafe, Sandwiches

Morette's King Steak House is a Steakhouse, Cafe, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Excellent steak sandwich, friendly service, delicious chocolate cake"
"King steak sandwich "
"Kind.always have good service "
"Great food, awesome service, and very laid back atmosphere. Pick your seat, order and eat!"
"Bacon dbbl cheese burger was unbelievable "
Cons
"Outside of building needs updating"
Comments
"There service is good "
"Great!"
harveyb photo

harveyb

Scotia, NY

It Finally happened at Morrettes!

I’ve been going to Morrettes for over 10 years. In fact my friend at a work who retired uncle actually owns the place. I always get the same thing; a turnkey Reuben with fries. My SO ordered a burger with ice tea. Then it happened, the Turkey Reuben seemed different with a weird taste. I must have had quite a few Turkey Reubens in 10 years. My SO’s Pepsi was difference. Then I saw this woman giving orders to the chief, who obeyed her. My SO couldn’t drink the Pepsi so she got an iced tea. Foolish me just accepted the Turkey Reuben. She was lucky about 10 minutes after we left I thought I has food poisoning and was going to go to the Ellis Hospital ER if the deliberate overdose of Malox didn’t work. It worked sorta but we had to keep the car windows open. I hardly blame Jena the waitress. But to be honest the Turkey Reuben was beyond awful. This has nothing to do with the very nice waitress but the preparation of food.

Turkey Reuben

read my comments. For the record the date of the bloated stomach was 8/18, 2013, and the time was 3:16 PM and the “lunch” reference was 299437. Of course I’m debating whether to have the owner know what happened, but for now I will try Morrettes in Schenectady another time. If it happens again then Ellis Hospital will treat me for food poisoning.

January 27, 2010

Great sandwich specials

An old time favorite that has been here for as long as I can remember. A great place for steak sandwiches and other wonderful delights. Prices comparable to other dining houses in the area.
January 22, 2010

Morrette's

This is a great lunch place and your steak sandwich will always be satisfying! They have become an area landmark!

In the U.S., sandwiches are as ubiquitous as they are delicious. But it turns out that sandwiches, in all of their various, glorious forms, are popular all over the world. From Danish smørrebrød to... read more

Steakhouse Parking Cafe

Morette's King Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/10/2015 A diner from Schenectady, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/04/2015 Lisas116 tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. Lisas116 liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Excellent steak sandwich, friendly service, delicious chocolate cake
    Cons
    Outside of building needs updating
  • 4/03/2015 A diner from EU tried it.

• 3/12/2015 A diner from New York, NY tried it.

• 12/18/2014 A diner from New York, NY tried it.

• 1/05/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    King steak sandwich
    Comments
    There service is good
  • 1/03/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/29/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 12/22/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/21/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

Morette's King Steak House is located near the cities of Scotia, Rotterdam, Cold Brook, Alplaus, and Rexford.
People found this by searching for: Morettes Schenectady Menu, Morettes, Morettes Schenectady, Morette's King Steak House, Morettes Schenectady Ny, Morretts Schenectady, and Morettes Steak House.