5000 Westheimer Rd Ste 190
Houston, TX 77056-5614

Morton's, The Steakhouse

Neighborhoods: Great Uptown
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak, Cheesesteak

Morton's, The Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Steak, and Cheesesteak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

HoustonHorn photo

HoustonHorn

Houston, TX

Steakhouse Dinner

My wife and I went to Morton’s for dinner this weekend. We typically go to Vic & Anthony’s but we decided late and they didn’t have available reservations. So we decided to try Morton’s since neither of us had ever been.

They had an online coupon for a steak and seafood deal for $50/person, which included salad, one side, a crab or shrimp dish, a single filet, and desert. It is an extremely good deal.

We were quickly seated and the waitress was great. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Our drinks were filled consistently without interrupting our conversation. The bread was incredible. Some of the best bread I’ve ever had.

My wife ordered the special with caeser salad, macaroni & cheese, and lump crab cake, along with the filet and key lime pie. I ordered a bone-in-ribeye and a side of potatoes lyonnaise.

My wife ordered her steak medium and it was a little over done. I ordered the bone-in ribeye medium-rare and it was cooked inconsistently. Some parts were medium, others were pretty rare.

The flavor for both of the steaks was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. The mac and cheese was excellent and the potatoes were good.

Overall, it was an enjoyable meal. It isn’t at the top of my list of steakhouses in Houston, but I would not hesitate to go back. I’d go back for the bread alone, actually.

Chicago Style Bone-In Ribeye Steak

Ok, but cooked inconsistently. Flavor was alright, but not great.

Single Cut Filet Mignon, Sauce Bearnaise

Good, but would have been better if closer to medium than medium rare.

Lyonnaise Potatoes

Ok, but not as good as some potato dishes at other steak restaurants. I will try another potato side the next time I go.

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake

Fresh tasting and the accompanying sauce was good and not overpowering.

Macaroni and Cheese

Baked macaroni and cheese. Excellent.

Steakhouse Steak Reservations Rec.

Morton's, The Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Morton's, The Steakhouse is located near the cities of Houston Texas, Clutch City, and Olean.
People found this by searching for: Morton Steak House Houston, Morton's Steakhouse Galleria, Houston Tx, Steak House,Mortons, Morton's Steakhouse Houston Menu Prices, How Much Is Morton's Houston Porterhouse, Morton's Ste, and Morton's Steakhouse Prices Houston.