137 North Franklin Turnpike

Moshi Moshi

Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Lunch

Overall
  • 8/08/2019

A Sushi chowhound from US tried it.

• 9/02/2016

A Sushi chowhound from Ridgewood, NJ tried it.

• 5/11/2016

A dining patron from Waldwick, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/23/2015

A Sushi food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 5/21/2015

• 2/27/2014

A Sushi food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 5/05/2013

A dining patron from NJ tried it.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ

Sub-Par Sushi Take-Out @ Moshi Moshi

Once sushi bars took a hold of this area, take out sushi wasn’t going to be too far behind. Enter Moshi Moshi—a take-out sushi restaurant on Franklin Turnpike in Waldwick. I tried this spot three times for a sushi meal, and was disappointed all three times.
When dining on sushi or sashimi, you definitely require the freshest fish.

Moshi Moshi fish does not have the freshest taste. Sometimes the fish still had a frozen, cold interior. Other times, it was too fragrant—and believe me, you don’t want to smell your fatty tuna when it is on your plate.

The prices for platters and other dinners are competitive but on the more expensive side. They have the standard fare: rolls, sushi, sashimi. I didn’t find my tuna rolls appealing—the rice was gummy, the seaweed was chewy, and the fish was bland.

What really made me decide not to return to this establishment was when I discovered a black hair in my food—and I have blonde hair.

The staff is friendly and the chef seems skilled and friendly as well. Perhaps this sort of take out restaurant appeals to busy families—but this day and age, sushi takeout is available all over the place, so Moshi Moshi had better up its game if it doesn’t want to lose more customers.

delirium820 photo

delirium820

Waldwick, NJ

Warm sushi and sick feeling=never again…

I can’t believe I came here a second time after getting sick the first time round. Sushi is warm and never tastes fresh. Probably why I got sick in the first place. Tried it again a few months later just to see if it was an isolated incident. Wasn’t pleased with my meal at all. Now I know to avoid this place. At least there are other sushi places that can do make better food.

Sushi Japanese Lunch

Moshi Moshi  Restaurant Reviews

Moshi Moshi is located near the cities of Ho Ho Kus, Saddle River, Midland Park, Allendale, and Ridgewood.
People found this by searching for: Moshi Moshi Sushi Menu Waldwick, Moshi Moshi Waldwick, Moshi Moshi Waldwick Nj, Moshi Moshi Waldwick Nj Menu, Moshi Moshi Sushi Waldwick Nj, Moshi Moshi Nj Menu, Moshi Moshi Waldwick Menu, Moshi Moshi In Waldwick Nj Menu, and Moshi Moshi Menu.