8039 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90620-3200

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Buena Park
Cuisine: American, Californian, Comfort Food

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is a American, Californian, and Comfort Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"If you show up with more than 6 people you are told you will have to wait for 90 minutes even when there are many empty tables - the wait staff is very rude and when I asked how much longer our party of 12 would have to wait they revised the wait time to "
"Jelly and boysenberry punch"
"Chicken and dumplings was fantastic "
"Everything "
"Best Biscuits and gravy!! "
"Unfortunately, when you read the following, there were no pros except for the decor. I was so interested in seeing the new decor, so my sister wanted to go there for her birthday and 4 of us went. Overall, very disappointed. We sat in the bar area and "
"Breakfast was great I recommend the eggs in a nest"
"Chicken dinner is a big portion"
"Boysenberry pipe and fried chicken"
"Chicken "
"I love the People and the great food with my family and friends"
"Biscuits and gravy"
"Good food"
"Chicken noodle soup is awesome and I like the chicken and dumplings !"
"The food was great!"
"The fried chicken"
Cons
"Extremely slow, poor service.. untastey chicken"
"The last time I went they had taken out breakfast. The only reason I go."
"Read what I wrote in the submission. Other than the decor, everything else is a con."
"Price"
"Better food"
"Crowded"
"None I love it at the chicken house."
"waiting in line to get in"
"The long wait to get in"
Comments
"Truely wasnt worth the $88 for my family's dinner tonight.. didnt even get a receipt for tonight"
"Bring back early morning breakfast!!"
"I love love love it."
"We'll be eating there in about a week"
"We are from Nevada come here to eat every time we are in town"
  • 1/28/2020

An American chowhound from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 1/08/2020

A diner from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 11/25/2019

A diner from Sun Valley, CA tried it.

• 10/21/2019

A diner from Ontario, CA tried it.

• 9/03/2019

An American food lover from Fair Oaks, CA tried it.

• 8/18/2019

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/24/2019

• 7/01/2019

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 5/29/2019

A diner from Salt Lake City, UT tried it.

• 4/04/2019

A dining patron from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Jelly and boysenberry punch
    Cons
    Extremely slow, poor service.. untastey chicken
    Comments
lovelypolarbear photo

lovelypolarbear

A Real Country Experience

Voted OC’s Favorite Brunch & Dinner

Located by America’s first theme park entrance, Knott’s brings OC what real country is all about: fried chicken and all you can eat fresh fruit jams!

Mrs. Knott’s is known for their famous FRRRRied Chik’en and their jammin’ jam. (Please note I prefer Honey Kettle’s fried chicken vs. Mrs. Knott’s)

BREAKFAST:
You’ll get a variety of choices all below $10.
Pro: unlimited Knott’s Jelly and Jam for toast and biscuits!
Con: I found their pancakes to be super spongy and white, their grapefruit a little dry, no fresh squeezed fruit juice, and a line to be a little long past 10am.
*Breakfast starts at 7:00am and brunch starts 9:30am.

DINNER:
Knott’s dinner menu is a little bit more impressive. Their menus are SET (meaning you’ll mandatory get fried chicken, pudding, pie, and mashed potatoes). They’re all so yummy. I especially liked their warm toasty buttery biscuits! MmMMm!

IMPRESSION:
It’s so country, all waitresses are white grandmas who give you a glimpse of what Mrs. Knott might have looked like. They’re all very sweet and southern bells-alike. I’m not sure if it is legal but my friend and I wondered why all buss-boys were african american grandmas with white aprons and black dresses (the ones you see in gone with wind). Well, maybe it was purely coincidental.

There are three rooms in Mrs. Knott’s kitchen. I’ll stay away from the room with an artificial pond since that room is a little murkier than the rest of the restaurant and smells a bit like chlorine. The other two rooms are much more cozy and roomy.

OVERALL:
If you’re missing a little southern soul, this is the place to come and eat like it’s your mama’s house. I’ll come back for their dinner but probably not for breakfast. I didn’t try their brunch buffet, but I heard it’s voted OC’s best for years. Remember to pick up a jar of boysenberry and strawberry jams on your way out! They make excellent gifts for moms and tea-lovers!

Three Stacks

Three spongy pale pancakes with a ball of butter!

Blueberry Muffin

Crispy outside, soft inside. Perfect!

Dinner Entre

Large: $13.50, Lunch portion: $10.50

This dinner includes: Fried chicken made with the original Mrs. Knott’s recipe, soup or salad, home-made biscuits served with Knotts jelly and jam, mashed potatoes and gravy, kernel corn, and a slice of pie for desser

Sal2 photo

Sal2

Sun City, AZ

Geat Disappointment

Probably the worst chicken and rolls I have ever tasted. I remember when this restaurant was just the best so I was so disappointed when the chicken was tough and undercooked, the rolls bitter, the pie inexcusable —no berries and tasted like it had been purchased not freshly baked as was their standard long ago.

The restaurant is badly in need of refurbishing and tables were way too close and crowded. Only good thing was our server who tried so hard to make the bad things better, but she couldn’t. We will never go back.

Dinner Entre

Worst chicken and rolls I have ever tasted.

American Californian Country

Agy-38grer27c6abblkses
tulips500

Irvine, CA

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is located near the cities of Mirada and La Palma.
People found this by searching for: Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Knotts Chicken Menu, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Mrs Knott's Chicken Restaurant Menu, Ms Knotts Chicken Dinner Menu, and Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu.