Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Buena Park
Cuisine: American, Californian, Comfort Food

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is a American, Californian, and Comfort Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Breakfast was great I recommend the eggs in a nest"
"Chicken dinner is a big portion"
"Boysenberry pipe and fried chicken"
"Chicken "
"I love the People and the great food with my family and friends"
"Biscuits and gravy"
"Good food"
"Chicken noodle soup is awesome and I like the chicken and dumplings !"
"The food was great!"
"The fried chicken"
Cons
"Price"
"Better food"
"Crowded"
"None I love it at the chicken house."
"waiting in line to get in"
"The long wait to get in"
Comments
"I love love love it."
"We'll be eating there in about a week"
"We are from Nevada come here to eat every time we are in town"
lovelypolarbear photo

lovelypolarbear

A Real Country Experience

Voted OC’s Favorite Brunch & Dinner

Located by America’s first theme park entrance, Knott’s brings OC what real country is all about: fried chicken and all you can eat fresh fruit jams!

Mrs. Knott’s is known for their famous FRRRRied Chik’en and their jammin’ jam. (Please note I prefer Honey Kettle’s fried chicken vs. Mrs. Knott’s)

BREAKFAST:
You’ll get a variety of choices all below $10.
Pro: unlimited Knott’s Jelly and Jam for toast and biscuits!
Con: I found their pancakes to be super spongy and white, their grapefruit a little dry, no fresh squeezed fruit juice, and a line to be a little long past 10am.
*Breakfast starts at 7:00am and brunch starts 9:30am.

DINNER:
Knott’s dinner menu is a little bit more impressive. Their menus are SET (meaning you’ll mandatory get fried chicken, pudding, pie, and mashed potatoes). They’re all so yummy. I especially liked their warm toasty buttery biscuits! MmMMm!

IMPRESSION:
It’s so country, all waitresses are white grandmas who give you a glimpse of what Mrs. Knott might have looked like. They’re all very sweet and southern bells-alike. I’m not sure if it is legal but my friend and I wondered why all buss-boys were african american grandmas with white aprons and black dresses (the ones you see in gone with wind). Well, maybe it was purely coincidental.

There are three rooms in Mrs. Knott’s kitchen. I’ll stay away from the room with an artificial pond since that room is a little murkier than the rest of the restaurant and smells a bit like chlorine. The other two rooms are much more cozy and roomy.

OVERALL:
If you’re missing a little southern soul, this is the place to come and eat like it’s your mama’s house. I’ll come back for their dinner but probably not for breakfast. I didn’t try their brunch buffet, but I heard it’s voted OC’s best for years. Remember to pick up a jar of boysenberry and strawberry jams on your way out! They make excellent gifts for moms and tea-lovers!

Three Stacks

Three spongy pale pancakes with a ball of butter!

Blueberry Muffin

Crispy outside, soft inside. Perfect!

Dinner Entre

Large: $13.50, Lunch portion: $10.50

This dinner includes: Fried chicken made with the original Mrs. Knott’s recipe, soup or salad, home-made biscuits served with Knotts jelly and jam, mashed potatoes and gravy, kernel corn, and a slice of pie for desser

Sal2 photo

Sal2

Sun City, AZ

Geat Disappointment

Probably the worst chicken and rolls I have ever tasted. I remember when this restaurant was just the best so I was so disappointed when the chicken was tough and undercooked, the rolls bitter, the pie inexcusable —no berries and tasted like it had been purchased not freshly baked as was their standard long ago.

The restaurant is badly in need of refurbishing and tables were way too close and crowded. Only good thing was our server who tried so hard to make the bad things better, but she couldn’t. We will never go back.

Dinner Entre

Worst chicken and rolls I have ever tasted.

April 14, 2014

Give me back my old school chicken

Yesterday my family and I went to Knott's Berry Farms with some friends to kick off spring break in style. Around lunch time, I talked everyone into eating at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner. That was one decision I would later regret. I had…
October 8, 2012

Knott's famous chicken

It was good chicken, but I can't say that it was the absolute BEST that I've ever had either. We were already at the park, so we figured we may as well have it. It was still good though. Worth a try.Def eat their funnel cakes though! Now…

American Californian Country

Agy-38grer27c6abblkses
tulips500

Irvine, CA

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 8/22/2016 A diner from West Lafayette, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/23/2016 A diner from Oceanside, CA tried it.

• 7/21/2016 A diner from Temple City, CA tried it.

• 7/18/2016 A diner from Riverside, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Breakfast was great I recommend the eggs in a nest
  • 7/12/2016 A diner from Irvine, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/07/2016 A diner from Cerritos, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/22/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 6/20/2016 A diner from Redlands, CA tried it.

• 6/18/2016 A diner from CA tried it.

• 5/16/2016 A diner from Beaumont, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is located near the cities of Mirada and La Palma.
People found this by searching for: Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu, Knotts Chicken Menu, Mrs Knott's Chicken Restaurant Menu, Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Menu, and Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu.