41 Strong Ave
Northampton, MA 01060

Mulino's Trattoria

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Mulino's Trattoria is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Bread"
Cons
"portion size too small"
Comments
"we have been going there for 15 years has changed tremendouslyunfortunately nor for the better. We keep saying we r going to give it one more xhance"
  • 11/22/2014

An Italian food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 10/11/2014

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 6/04/2014

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 12/29/2013

An Italian food lover from Manchester, CT tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Bread
    Cons
    portion size too small
    Comments
  • 12/26/2013

A dining patron from Ardsley, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/24/2013

A diner from Ardsley, NY tried it and didn't like it.

• 7/28/2013

An Italian food lover from Danbury, CT tried it.

Three Attempts – Never Again!

The first time we went to Mulino’s we had an extraordinary time. Our waiter was of the caliber one would experience in a fine restaurant in New York city. The ambience was subdued and made dining a pleasure. The meals were prepared to our liking and the whole experience left us wanting to return.

The second time, our experience was diminished by the din in the dining room and the irresponsible waitress whose timing was off, forgot key items, and had a negative attitude and curt responses. At $120 per couple, I want good service.

Giving Mulino’s the benefit of the doubt, and having had such a wonderful first experience, we decided to return a third time. We had made 7:30 reservations and stood watching as couples were seated before us. When I brought this to the host’s attention, he told me that they had been waiting longer than us! He had no reasonable explanation when I asked him what the point was in making a reservation.

At nearly 8pm we were seated on the deck, and our waitress promptly took our drink orders, but then delayed in bringing them to us. And she never brought us the obligatory bread to nibble on when she eventually brought us our drinks. The Caesar salad was fine, if not mediocre. I ordered the sirloin and gorgonzola sauce special with mashed potatoes and asparagus spears. I was aghast when my plate arrived. The kitchen had placed my sirloin steak on top of my vegetables; I had to lift it to get to them. The waitress neglected to tell me the kitchen had replaced the potatoes with risotto seasoned with tarragon. I loathe tarragon. I gingerly lifted my steak out of the way to get to my vegetables, hoping all the while that I didn’t drop, spill, or splash food onto my expensive outfit.

At one point the waitress poked her head out the door and asked if everything was alright and was gone before I could turn in my seat to answer. But then, she didn’t appear to be too concerned with our enjoyment even on the rare occasions she made it to our table. Suffice it to say, we will not be returning to Mulino’s.

Sirloin Steak w/ Gorgonzola Sauce

The steak was delicious and properly rare, however it was placed on top of my meal forcing me to move it whenever I wanted to eat my vegetables. Unbeknownst to me, the mashed potatoes had been replaced with risotto seasoned with tarragon. I love risotto, but I just can’t stand tarragon. So, for $25, I got a piece of meat and 4 asparagus spears.

Italian Catering Parking

Mulino's Trattoria  Restaurant Reviews

Mulino's Trattoria is located near the cities of Bay State Village, Florence, Firenze, Hadley, and Leeds.
People found this by searching for: Molinos Trattoria Northampton Ma, Molinos Northampton Ma, Molinos Northampton, Mulinos Northampton, Best Restaurants In Northampton Ma, Mulinos Northampton Ma Menu, Mulinos Northampton Menu, Melinos Northampton Ma, and Mulino Trattoria Northampton Ma Reviews.