3508 COURTLAND DR
Falls Church, VA 22041

My Bakery & Cafe, Inc.

Cuisine: Breakfast, Bakeries, Coffee

Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

saikoxpooh photo

saikoxpooh

La Crescenta, CA

On my last day in Virginia, my Bolivian...

On my last day in Virginia, my Bolivian classmate told me that he had to take me to one final destination before I left…. “My Bakery”. Situated on a corner, no one would guess this place was Bolivian. I mean, the sign doesn’t say “My Bolivian Bakery”. Maybe it should. I’m starting to notice a trend that all these Bolivian restaurants kind of want to remain incognito.

What I liked about this place was that it reminded me so much of the cafe’s I used to hang out in and get large in when living in Bolivia. If only there were chess and a cloud of smoke and young, loud people chatting about their love lives…

I was having stomach issues and I had already eaten a little at Jaleo before coming here but I told myself I would still stuff some Bolivian in me before I had to leave to Bolivian-less LA.
I noticed that this place had cheese empanadas – the kind you get in Bolivia that are huge, stuffed with cheese, deep fried, and with powdered sugar sprinkled on top. This empanada is the epitome of how opposites work. The salty cheese vs. the powdered sugar. The melty soft inside with the crispy outside. It makes me want to cry it’s so good.

I tried to make some cheese empanadas (empanada de queso) at home a bunch of times to the discouraging reality that my empanadas were not as big and fluffy as I remembered them to be in Bolivia. Alas, I can fly to VA for these.

I also decided to get the tucumana because I don’t remember ever eating this in Bolivia. Maybe it was a regional empanada. The insides were basically made of veggies, potatoes, beef. Tasted almost like a samosa (except for the meat part) and was just as dry. Not a fan.

They also have majadito!!!! My friend ordered this. The way to eat this is to break the yolk and smear it on your fried rice. Bonus = comes with fried plantains. I love any type of fried rice with egg on top, like is available in many ethnic cuisines.

Last but not least, they also have MOCOCHINCHI, my all-time favorite drink. They also do not skimp on the bolitas here. The best part was that it was served in a boba-like fashion, in a sealed plastic cup.

My Bakery is probably my favorite out of these three only because in Bolivia, I spent most of my time at cafe’s and bakeries. I loved the Bolivian pastries and tamales and empanadas way more than the churrascos or grilled meat places. I loved them all but since I spent most of my time eating all the carbs, My Bakery was like a nostalgic visit back to my olden days. I can’t wait to go back and not have stomach problems so I could eat more of their food.

Breakfast Bakeries Coffee

My Bakery & Cafe, Inc.  Restaurant Reviews

My Bakery & Cafe, Inc. is located near the cities of Seven Corners, West Falls Church, Pimmit, Idylwood, and Pimmit Hills.
People found this by searching for: Bolivian Bakery, My Bakery Falls Church Phone Number, Mi Bakery Bolivian Virginia, My Bakery Bolivian Restorant, My Bakery Cafe, Bolivian Salteñas In Raleigh Nc, Bolivian Saltenas In Nc, and Bolivian Bakery At Silver Springfield.