1025 S Glendora Ave
West Covina, CA 91790-4921

Myung Dong Tofu House

Neighborhoods: West Covina
Cuisine: Korean

Myung Dong Tofu House is a Korean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 2/03/2017

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/28/2015

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/15/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

pleasurepalate photo

pleasurepalate

It Hits the Spot Every Time!

My first ever experience with soon tofu soup was at Myung Dong Tofu Restaurant, namely because compared to Koreatown, this restaurant is a closer Eastside choice for me. I have to say that it’s actually a remarkable that I’ve become a repeat customer. At my first visit, I really enjoyed the panchan, the savory pancake and the tasty, albeit greasy, kalbi; however, my mushroom soon tofu soup seemed watered down. For my second visit, I again enjoyed everything but the soup itself, which this time had a strange, metallic, tangy after taste that I didn’t like at all.

It seemed pointless to return for a third time, so for awhile, I traveled elsewhere for soon tofu soup, even if that meant hitting the freeways to Koreatown and of course, a whole new world of soon tofu goodness opened up to me. However, I didn’t want to drive to Koreatown every time I had a soon tofu soup craving, so I decided to give Myung Dong Tofu, one final chance.

I’m glad I did. Finally, I got a bowl of soon tofu soup that I actually liked. The broth is still a little too watery for my taste and the tofu is far from being clouds of tofu bliss, but it has a nice amount of spice and since then, it has hit the spot every time I’ve visited. Not as good as Beverly Soon or Sokongdong, but definitely way above BCD and certainly Yong Dong Garden.

Takeout Korean

Myung Dong Tofu House   Restaurant Reviews

Myung Dong Tofu House is located near the cities of Valinda, Baldwin Park, Irwindale, and Covina.
People found this by searching for: Myung Dong Tofu House Menu, Myung Dong Boston Menu, Myung Dong Tofu House West Covina, Myung Dong Tofu House, Myung Dong Tofu House West Covina, Ca, Myung Dong Tofu, and Myung Dong Restaurant Menu.