8303 Northeast Sandy Boulevard
Portland, OR 97220

Namaste Indian Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Sumner
Cuisine: Indian, Catering, Lunch

Namaste Indian Cuisine is a Indian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid between $10 and $25.

• 3/19/2014

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

VampireGran photo

VampireGran

Portland, OR

At least the Naan was good

After reading 15 very positive reviews of Namaste Indian Cuisine on Yelp.com, my dining partner and I were stoked to try this restaurant. We both love good Indian food In fact, since Portland lacks really good tasting Indian fare, in my humble opinion, we were even more excited that we accidentally stumbled upon Namaste when we were staying the weekend in a part of the city that we rarely visit.

Namaste offers full menu options as well as the ever popular buffet. They have both a lunch and dinner buffet, 7 days a week, which is another bonus point for this establishment. We went for the dinner buffet.

The dining area is large, and since we went for an early meal (5 pm) and the beginning of the buffet service, we were seated right away. There are dining booths on either side of the buffet station which makes it nice for maneuvering. I am a petite in stature woman and found the booth seats to be a tad on the low end for me. I felt like a little kid with the table so close to my face.

The staff appeared eager to be of help and were pleasant but reserved. The area around the buffet was well lit and most of the dishes were labeled. They have the good sense to keep the meat section separated from the vegetarian section, which is often rare in such buffets.

So, the restaurant is clean, well lit with a polite staff.

Would we return to dine there? Let’s just say it would not be considered destination dining for us. If we were stranded in that end of town again, then, perhaps. It’s not that it was bad food, it was mediocre food.

Dinner Buffet

We went for the dinner buffet. There were a lot of options to choose from, none of them were really good. We skipped the salad bar because we know what ice berg lettuce and tomatoes taste like. I filled little tins with all of the condiment dipping sauces for the table, all of them were boring and not one was spicy, an extreme disappointment. We tried the Potato Pakoras, Indian style french fries, cut into sticks and heavly battered then deep fried. They were so-so, bland and not very hot.

The Ginger Soup was okay, but once again lacked any good flavor and no heat (I mean not spicy).

Malai Kofta, homemade cheese balls in creamy nut sauce sounded good and looked promising, but it fell flat, too.

Palak Paneer – bleh! Well, the Paneer was good, but the spinach puree – not so much.

Here is the stuff that we did like:

Our favorite dish was the Navartan Khoorma. This is a mix of vegetables in a delicious cream sauce. Nice flavor.

The Vegetable Biriyani – saffron rice with small bits of veggies was good but really, can you screw up rice too much?

Aloo Mutter – saucy potatoes and peas – good for dunking your Naan in

The Naan, both plain and garlic were really good, fresh and hot.

Indian Parking Catering

Namaste Indian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Namaste Indian Cuisine is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Restaurants In Gresham, Restaurants Centennial Co Within Englewood, Co, Namaste Portland Menu, Indian Dinner Buffet Portland, List All Restaurants In Mollala Or, Namaste Restaurant Portland Oregon, Namaste Portland, and Middle Eastern Dinner Buffett Portland, Or.