4941 Stelton Rd
South Plainfield, NJ 07080

Nanking

Cuisine: Indian, Halal, Lunch specials

• 4/22/2020

An Indian chowhound from Englishtown, NJ tried it.

• 7/10/2017

A dining patron from Huntington Station, NY tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food.

• 9/10/2015

An Indian chowhound from Edison, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 4/01/2015

An Indian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 6/15/2013

A diner from Springfield, NJ tried it and liked it.

sli74 photo

sli74

Bloomfield, NJ

HORRIBLE !! TERRIBLE !! LIARS and CHEATS !!!

If I could give negative reviews, I would !!! This place LIES and CHEATS you, buyer beware !!

I bought a Groupon a while ago and it was going to expire in a week or two so we went today and from the start, they were antagonistic towards us. We could only guess that this was due to the Groupon. They would only let us order from the lunch menu not the regular menu. The Groupon specifically said , 2 beverages with the only exception being the Thai Iced Tea, however, the liars had already taken away the printed Groupon and insisted that the Groupon said only sodas were allowed, which it clearly did not say that, I double checked when I got home on my Groupon account. Okay, so instead of getting one of the other $3 beverages that we wanted we choose the $2 sodas.

Next, I knew before going there because of helpful Yelpers that this place adds an automatic gratuity even to tables of 2. Their menu also stated that tables of 2-5 would be charged 15% and tables of 6+ would be charged 18%, this will become important in my story in a minute. Next, they rushed us and rushed us, breathing down our neck every 30 seconds. Finally, they brought us the check minutes before bringing us our dessert which was part of the Groupon deal and when we reminded them that we still had to get our dessert, they gave us an attitude. By now, I was pretty upset by their rude and lying attitude towards us and couldn’t wait to finish and get the heck out of there.

Then came the salt in the wound . . . they charged us for the dessert which was included in the Groupon and when we pointed it out to them tried to argue with us. I was so upset at them trying to cheat us over the dessert that I didn’t notice that they had charged us not 15%, not 18% but rather 20% gratuity. By the time, I noticed that they had CHEATED us yet again on the gratuity, I was so near tears that we just paid and left.

I will be telling EVERYBODY who I know or will listen online about this place and the fact that they are LIARS and CHEATS !!!! My husband and I spend about $150 every week on eating out, between lunches and our weekly dinner dates and Nanking will NOT be a place we will return.

I am even wondering if I can report them to the BBB for this sort of lying and cheating or even the cops, I just cannot believe that places like this exist. Once again, buyer beware.

Indian Halal Lunch specials

Nanking  Restaurant Reviews

Nanking is located near the cities of S Plainfield, Piscataway Township, Xenia, North Edison, and Green Brook.
People found this by searching for: Nanking Piscataway Nj Menu, Nanking Restaurant Edison, Www.Nanking Restaurant Nj, Nanking Menu Edison, Nanking Piscataway Menu, Nanking Stelton Road, Nanking Restaurant Nj Menu, Nanking Edison, and Nanking Edison Menu.