16300 Mill Creek Blvd
Mill Creek, WA 98012

New Imperial Garden Restaurant

Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese, Asian

New Imperial Garden Restaurant is a Dim Sum, Chinese, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/17/2020

A Dim Sum chowhound from Lynnwood, WA tried it.

• 8/07/2017

A Dim Sum chowhound from Coeur D Alene, ID tried it and liked it.

• 6/01/2013

A diner from Hayward, CA tried it.

gem67 photo

gem67

Mill Creek, WA

if you order wisely, then your meal will be tasty

Time to rate the food! Read about the crappy service here

Fok Chow Fried Rice

I thought this was ok but everyone else loved it. They used fatty duck meat in this, which is unlike what I’ve had at other places. The fried rice just seemed kinda plain though all the ingredients are suppose to be in the gravy topping anyway.

Baked Egg Custard Tart

I shall never order this again! Our server said that they were baking them fresh but when it came 2 of the 3 were piping hot and the third (which I got) was cold. Well, room temperature. The custard was also way too sweet. Bleh.

BBQ Pork Bun

BBQ pork in a soft, steamed white bun. This came out fresh and hot. One of their better dishes there.

Steamed Prawn Dumpling

This could be smaller/daintier and they could compliment it with a dipping sauce but it’s fine without. A classic dish to get at dim sum.

Beef Vermicelli Wrap

I wasn’t impressed with this one. Too much vermicelli and too little ingredients. They also didn’t drizzle sauce over it like I am used to so it looked like one big white mound of rice noodles.

Mini Sticky Rice

If it weren’t so salty it’d be a 5-star. Steamed sticky rice with meat, mushrooms, and unaccountable veggies, wrapped in a lotus leaf (or so I was told).

Bean Tip and Prawn Bean Curd Wrap

Looks good (green bean tips with the orangey prawn in a beige wrap) and tastes good. Try it!

Chinese Donut in Vermicelli Wrap

It’s simple enough but it tastes good, either with a bit of soy sauce or the overly-sweet sauce they bring you. Eat it while it’s hot or the “donut” will get soggy.

Pork and Shrimp Dumpling

I prefer this to their “prawn dumpling” since there’s more to it than prawns. Somehow, the pork dimension makes it so much more delicious. It’s also more like shumai, not wrapped with the clear wrap as in the prawn dumpling.

Bean Curd Mushroom Wrap

This is the steamed bean curd wrap with mushroom and other veggies stuffed inside. I think I just like the other bean curd wrap (which is deep-fried) better. Plus I’m not a cilantro fan and there’s a bit of it in this dish.

Worst dinner ever, Bad manager!

me and my gf went to this restaurant on Valentine’s day. we ordered a sea cucumber dish on the menu for $18.8, But when i got my check, it was $42.5, i asked the manager why i was charged for $42.5, she told me that the sea cucumber they gave me is a Whole one, $18.8 is the price for only 8 pieces I told her that nowhere in the menu indicate they have the whole sea cucumber dish and when they serve me, no one told me this is $42.5 dish, all i saw on the menu is $18.8, thats the one i was ordering.

she checked with the front desk, and told me that the waiter made a mistake, but she insisted that i should pay the full price for the sea cucumber because i ate it….i said….this is not my fault, your menu did not say if $18.8 is for 8 pieces or for the whole sea cucumber…and since you serve me the wrong dish, i am not responsible for that…..she was very upset.

Later, i decided to pay $18.8 for that dish and get the hell of there, i did not pay any tip…i was shocked that this manager asked me to pay for the tip because the restaurant has provided service to me even they made mistake….i told her that i did not pay because i was very unhappy about their service and i believed paying tips is volunteerly, cannt be forced….

so the manager said: Jerk, you dont pay the tip, i will remember your face, dont ever go back again….

WHAT THE HELL….I mean….this is all their false and i was not happy about it…thats why i did not pay the tip….what do they expect? Recommend them to other customer? Give them 20% tips for their mistake and false menu??

MillCreekRes photo

MillCreekRes

Mill Creek, WA

Worst in town. I would rate zero if you could.

I agree with the other bad reviews. This place also advertises as Zen Gardens but the check still says New Imperial Garden.

I was very disapointed since I had gone to the original Imperial Gardens some 15 years ago and it was a very good high end place. Now it is a dump. Nice view outside in the gardens but needs lots of work inside.

Food came cold and not all at once. Shrimp dish came 15 min. Before other horrid food.

Waiter argued with me 4 times after I told him I did not want to argue about the bad dish.

Cold, glue like, flavorless chow main.

Very poor service the table next to me waited like 20 min for their check.

I looked around the restaurant and nothing has been updated since the place closed 10 years ago and sat vacant. Same dirty floors, Same x-mas decorations still on the walls from 10 years ago. Dirty chair cushions. Piles of garbage next to restrooms. Gross place!

Anly photo

Anly

Mill Creek, WA

Zen Garden ( New Imperail Garden)

This is a wonderful Chinsese restaurant I have never gone. The restaurant soorounds by glasses, so that you can see the view out side which is a very beutiful garden. They provide a lot of traditinal Chinese food such as Dimsum which have over 100 items, lunch special begins at $6.95 ( including 1 deep fried spring roll, 1 cup of soup, 1 cup of fried rice or steam rice, and one entree), dinner manu with over 200 items. They also have banquet manu. I went there yesterday with my family and we had a very great time. the foods were very good. They tasted so wonderful. Moreover, the service was so good. The waiter and waitress were very nice. They gave us a great service. I appreciated about that.
I also got a coupon which has one free entree with purchase of second entree of equal or less value (valid on Sun – Thurs) and one free appetizer with purchase of diner entree( valid on Fir and Sat). This is a very useful coupon. You will save lots money with it. I reconmend you go to Zen Garden ( New Imperial Garden). You might have this coupon when you have a dinner there.

Honey walnut shrimp

This is a very good dish. You should order this one when you go there.

Braised Oyster hot pot

I love this one. it is so wonderful.

Sizzling combo

this dish has chitken, shrimp, scallop on the hot iron. it is so cool. I love it.

chocolatechips photo

chocolatechips

Lynnwood, WA

Unbelievable

The first time I went there for a birthday event, it was pretty nice. The second time was My MIL’s Birthday. It was a disaster. We orderd food at 7:00 the appitizers came at 7:40. We orders 7 different plates,One spacific was the Black Cod in bean sauce. It never showed up. And he tried to say we didn’t order it, Please, after asking how it was cooked.size of fish,and time lenght it took to prepare, how did we not get in on the order…right!

Food came at 8:20 . It wasn’t the greatest dinnir either, yes cold,and thrown together. Waiting over 1 1/2 hours for food was disturbing. We drank so much soda we were already full. We even took a stroll between apitizers and the meal.
I saw them cleaning dishes, and then he called over a bus boy to give us our dishes. He didn’t clean .He just grabed them, wet and all. They staff looked tired,newly hired, didn’t know what to do. The outside pond could use some help. It is over taken with alge.Spiders/webs covered our windows, Moskitos all over the view. I am not to sure about going there again. It wasn’t very pleasant this time around.

Dim Sum Chinese Asian

New Imperial Garden Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

New Imperial Garden Restaurant is located near the cities of Martha Lake and Paine Field Lake Stickney.
People found this by searching for: Dim Sum Mill Creek, Imperial Gardens Restraurant Mill Creek, Dim Sum Restaurant Mill Creek Wa, Imperial Palace Mill Creek, Impreial Gardens Mill Creek, Wa, Imperial Garden Restaurant Mill Creek, Zen Garden Mill Creek, Imperial Gardens Mill Creek, and Dimsum Mill Creek Wa.